Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rofl_copter_dos

Fresno St

35 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Where are you seeing that he committed? He's a great get if it's true, I was hopeful he'd come to Fresno after I saw his tape. 

his AAU team twitter posted it

Two 2020 commits this week, not sure how many spots we have left. 

6-7 SF Leonardo Colimerio from Utah.  Only other reported offer is Colorado, but he looks like a stud.  Same AAU team as Braxton Meah...it's Quincy Pondexter's baby, and Pondexter's basically adopted Fresno State as of late.

https://247sports.com/Player/Leonardo-Colimerio-46054259/

6-5 SG Destin Whitaker from .  Depaul and Illinois State offers.  Looks like a good athlete with a smooth shot, we'll see how he turns out.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/destin-whitaker-250463

1 hour ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

Good stuff. I'm starting to think we have a real chance.

Maybe PG can get Leonard to come up with him for his jersey retirement ceremony, the two of them can give Hut a little boost.

Hearing Carr, Judge and Leonard  will be there for George

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

5 hours ago, rudolro said:

Good stuff. I'm starting to think we have a real chance.

Maybe PG can get Leonard to come up with him for his jersey retirement ceremony, the two of them can give Hut a little boost.

No chance he goes to Fresno State.

Just now, ph90702 said:

IDK. Here's a quote from the article

That's kind of my thing with the whole unicorn thing, so why not pick schools that no one's really looking at or thinking about going to?"

4 hours ago, rudolro said:

IDK. Here's a quote from the article

That's kind of my thing with the whole unicorn thing, so why not pick schools that no one's really looking at or thinking about going to?"

4 hours ago, ph90702 said:

i'd put it at like 15%.  Wouldn't bet on it at all but the chance is still there he decides staying home with his friends for one year is cooler than moving a couple thousand miles away.  

18 hours ago, ph90702 said:

He could go to a mediocre school like unlv, but this kid is probably more forward looking than that. 

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

On 11/8/2019 at 11:54 PM, Rofl_copter_dos said:

i'd put it at like 15%.  Wouldn't bet on it at all but the chance is still there he decides staying home with his friends for one year is cooler than moving a couple thousand miles away.  

I'm thinking it's a little higher. Only because he has been to so many games over the years and he decided to give us an official visit. 

https://406mtsports.com/college/froid-lakes-sydney-dethman-commits-to-di-fresno-state-for-womens-basketball/article_ad978579-6c1c-5f12-86f8-654f6b154a0e.html

I know it's not MBB, but I've seen this kid play a bunch over the last few years...it's a good get for the Bulldogs. I had no idea they recruited NE Montana, though. 

'21 recruit Cole Anderson (Clovis West) commits to UC Santa Barbara. Fresno, Cal Poly, Wazzu and LMU were the other finalists.  137 made three's this past season on 44% shooting from beyond the arc, a CIF-CS record.  Looks like we got a good one.

Incidentally, his older sister Megan transferred from SJSU to UCSB as well.  She ends her Spartan career second all-time in career 3's made with 185.

https://newspress.com/record-setting-guard-commits-to-ucsb/