Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smltwnrckr

Evangelicals and the Trump Presidency

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

Oh, I was involved.  I was deeply involved.  I chose to be involved.

If you didn’t vote, you weren’t involved, and that’s from the FF’s. It’s real simple. Playing games with semantics isn’t going to make you compliant with what our FF’s required of us to keep our democracy going and going strong. 

kat.jpg

5 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

You are so lost. Where I did list just 3 issues?

Telling about what? That evangelicals are into issues that evangelicals are into? 🤪🤪🤪😂😂 

21 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Dude, in 2016 they were faced with the reality that they were going to have to compromise their values voting for either candidate. They couldn’t avoid it. So the question becomes: Which one would be worse than the other? 

There really wasn’t a classy candidate with a lot of character between Trump and Hill. But obviously, if they voted for Hillary, the Supreme Court would’ve become solid left for decades destroying their chances to over turn R vs W, the 2nd amendment would be in jeopardy, there would essentially be an open border bringing in 2-3 million immigrants per year that would eventually vote Dem, and that would be enough to make some once  red GOP states into blue, thus making it extremely hard for a Republican to ever win the presidency ever again. 

Now THAT would easily be the biggest betrayal of their Christian values impacting a span of approximately 40 years and longer......even the future of the country forever. Comparing that to compromising their values on Trump’s character of past deeds, his immature whining tweets, etc. That is such small potatoes compared to the future of the country being on the line, and it’s really silly to even debate about it. 

To be fair, that was one of many of your posts, which often spin off into different directions. But it was in response to my suggestion that a victory not born of their values would be a hollow victory. So it seems pretty clear you're arguing that those three issues are central to their support for Trump.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

If you didn’t vote, you weren’t involved, and that’s from the FF’s. It’s real simple. Playing games with semantics isn’t going to make you compliant with what our FF’s required of us to keep our democracy going and going strong. 

I disagree.  I've got the right to exercise my right to vote as I see fit.

Are you saying that our FFs required us to vote to be compliant?   I've not ever heard that opinion before.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Just now, pokebball said:

I disagree.  I've got the right to exercise my right to vote as I see fit.

Are you saying that our FFs required us to vote to be compliant?   I've not ever heard that opinion before.

I think Convert is saying you have to vote for one of the 2 candidates that have a chance of winning to be complaint, to be more specific.  

1 minute ago, alum93 said:

I think Convert is saying you have to vote for one of the 2 candidates that have a chance of winning to be complaint, to be more specific.  

What's the cost of noncompliance?

2 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Democrats aren't in support of doing that or they would pass the legislation.  Trump has asked for more money to process them over and over.

Democrats have no interest in fixing the situation, they have the moron crowd all upset if the situation gets fixed the democrats might lose votes.  So no chance they pass legislation that will fix this.

HR 3401.  Introduced by a Democrat. Passed 84-8-8 in the Senate (the 8 non-votes were mostly the democrat primary presidential runners).  And passed 305-102-8 in the House.  And signed by Trump.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/116-2019/h429

8 hours ago, alum93 said:

Yawn.  2-3 million immigrants per year huh?  Here is the last 30 years of data.  An increase of 7 million over 30 years equates to an increase of 0.23M per year, not to mention an actual decrease over the last decade.  Oh that evil Obama and his master plan right?  Exaggeration does you no favors my friend in trying to make a point.  I can already hear people giving Trump credit for what has happened since 2006, because they don't know any better.  The Fox News approach.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/06/illegal-immigration-statistics/

PH_2018.11.27_Unauthorized-Immigration-Estimates_1-01.png

The border patrol recently announced that mid year 2019, 1 million illegals have come into the country in just the last 6 months. A study was also done showing that 19 million people in countries relatively close to the US have stated that if the US border was open, they would come to the US. Another study stated that there are actually 30 million illegals in this country and who knows how many kids were born while they were here. Just unbelievable numbers that the left don’t want the public to know. 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

Give your rep a call.

I can't do this for you.  It's above my pay grade! :) 

My rep is David Schweikert, a member of the Freedom Caucus aka the American Taliban. I've called his office, tweeted to him, and messaged him on Facebook. he doesn't reply. He's a +++++ing douchenozzle.

People, not a fan.

7 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Yep

Not voting is a failure of your civic duty as outlined by our FF’s to keep the democracy of America healthy and strong. According to the FF’s, by not voting, you’re not meeting your civic duty to support this country. Of course, that also means informed voting. 

kat.jpg

I'm not sure our founding fathers should be the first place we go when discussing who should vote and why they should vote. Just sayin'

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

7 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Not voting is a failure of your civic duty as outlined by our FF’s to keep the democracy of America healthy and strong. According to the FF’s, by not voting, you’re not meeting your civic duty to support this country. Of course, that also means informed voting. 

But I did vote.  Do you not ever skip anything on your ballot?

If you're a follower of Christ, then Christ is your standard, not Donald Trump, Mitt Romney, Joe Paterno, Oprah or any other hu-man.

If your an American Christian, you have to go with the best choice available for president. If I had my way I'd have already voted for Mike Huckabee in a presidential election. Judging how not only he but his daughter were treated by the feminist movement , that ain't happenin'!

If you don't believe in God, government will fill the void. I think that is what is creating the confusion. 

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

29 minutes ago, woo pig sooie said:

Women do sexually abuse children quite often, unfortunately.

Sure but they don’t use their pretend authority bestowed upon them by god to do so.

5 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

That doesn't deal with the fundamental problem that the things he is fighting for, and the way he is fighting, are counter to the supposed point of evangelical Christianity. There is one issue that he champions that is arguably an Christian issue - abortion. And it's clear that issue hinges on the courts, and is there a person in the world who would argue that Trump's court selections are uniquely good? If anything, the argument has been that they've been surprisingly good in that they are basically the people any other GOP president would choose. 

The question is not whether the evangelicals are selling out their values for political victories. The question is why, and what the long-term impacts will be for the movement itself. 

How so?  What is Trump fighting for that goes against the point of Christianity?  What way is he fighting that goes against Christianity?  

Were Christians supposed to vote for Hillary Rodham Clinton?  Which democrat should they be supporting now?

10 minutes ago, easybronc said:

How so?  What is Trump fighting for that goes against the point of Christianity?  What way is he fighting that goes against Christianity?  

Were Christians supposed to vote for Hillary Rodham Clinton?  Which democrat should they be supporting now?

I havent once said anything about voting for Democrats or Hillary Clinton. It's trump supporters who keep bringing it up. This stuff seems downright Freudian. Its weird.