Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheDoggFather

UCF projected QB Starter Breaks Ankle

In this era of play now and transfer all over the place, I wish more kids understood that crazy things happen and depth is crucial for teams.  The kids would also benefit from consistency in coaching and systems to showcase their talent.  

I think Brandon Wimbush was going to end up being the starter anyway. This shouldn't affect them. Also, broken ankles are typically 6-8 week recovery times. So he could still be back before the season starts and even if he isn't, it wouldn't be long after that.

UCF opens the season with Florida A&M followed by Florida Atlantic. So a couple of extra weeks with lower challenges for either healing or for the backup to step up.

It is the OOCs with Stanford on 9/14 and Pitt on 9/21 that will impact their season rankings.

That really sucks, I never wish injury for anyone.  I hope he recovers quickly.  I will not project my distaste for UCF fans on to the players, they just want to compete.  

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

1 hour ago, Rocket said:

I'm not a gambler but I often wonder, what do vegas odds makers do when things like this happen?

On a futures bet for "total wins", if lots money starts coming in on the "under", the bookmakers will move the line accordingly.

For instance, if the total wins for UCF was over/under 10, they might quickly drop it to 9.5.  If money continues the come on the under,  they'll continue to adjust the total until money comes in the other way and they can "balance the action".

This is a simplified version, before they ever actually move the number from say 10 to 9.5, they'll adjust the vigorish, which is the "house cut" on either side of a prop.

Because they always aim to keep things relatively balanced, they don't have to worry about tickets which were already written because they'll have about the same amount on both sides of the proposition. 

10 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

UCF opens the season with Florida A&M followed by Florida Atlantic. So a couple of extra weeks with lower challenges for either healing or for the backup to step up.

It is the OOCs with Stanford on 9/14 and Pitt on 9/21 that will impact their season rankings.

Seemed like UCF got to skip some trap games due to hurricanes past couple seasons.  So weak first two games and then a storm and then another undefeated season.

On 7/10/2019 at 4:23 PM, FresnoFacts said:

Perhaps you're thinking of FIU? FAU is pretty talented and could certainly trap UCF or any MWC team.  They lost big playmakers and coaches last year but reload easy.  

9 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Perhaps you're thinking of FIU? FAU is pretty talented and could certainly trap UCF or any MWC team.  They lost big playmakers and coaches last year but reload easy.  

Admittedly I don't watch these teams but I seem to recall them being on ESPN bottom ten for like 30 years or something so I think you're supposed to use an emoji when you're goofing off.

How does a team that hasnt had back-to-back winning seasons in over a decade (and is coming off a losing season) 'reload easy'?

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level