Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alum93

Gun Legislation

1 hour ago, Orange said:

Well, when I'm telling people to kill themselves, I'm usually joking.

I have a weird, dark, cynical sense of humor.  You'll get used to it.  

Wow, you must be the life of every party. Do you also crack jokes about child molestation, cancer, and mass genocide? 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Orange said:

Nothing you've said at all has been in response to any of my policy ideas.  You're just ranting like a lunatic. 

Reading comprehension is your friend. I literally responded to all of your "policy ideas" and then some.

Once again, What do any of those "policy ideas" do to stop Oct. 1 or Adam Lanza?

Absolutely nothing. Which is why you sit silent on the question and hurl insults instead.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

34 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Gun control laws have never prevented deaths.  Not one time in the history of gun control has a gun control law lowered murder, suicide or death rates.

Border control laws have never stopped one illegal crossing.  Why do we need em?

Posted Image

On 7/9/2019 at 4:18 PM, Orange said:

They would be given adequate time to come into compliance, as with any legislation.

I really thought we'd man up and be a better USA after Newtown, but some people think a few holes in kids' heads is worth being able to get your dick hard at the gun range.  

What is troubling are the hoards of imbicels who believe a new law would accomplish anything more than a feel good moment for shitlibs.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

11 minutes ago, Akkula said:

For what?

Lol ......... 

6 hours ago, sean327 said:

There should never be ANY compromise when it comes to the Bill of Rights. But your Commie mind can't comprehend freedom.

6 hours ago, Akkula said:

Unless it comes to birthright citizenship or voting, right?  ...or counting inhabitants instead of citizens on the census.  Then we can compromise.

5 hours ago, sean327 said:

Name one time I've ever advocated for any of that shit. I'll wait.....

5 hours ago, sean327 said:

Still waiting Comrade.

20 minutes ago, sean327 said:

@Akkula I’m still waiting..........

3 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

Explain what? The trust you have in government and officials to come and take your right away?

Venezuela loves your thought process.

On top of that, what are those numbers going to be? Another 2500 people.

Okay lets say your gun laws cover 5k of the 40k deaths.

What about the other 30k?

All due respect, and I do respect your intelligence and thoughts on this and other matters, but that's a bad argument. 35k dead is better than 40k. No law is 100 percent effective. Most not even 20% I would guess.

If alcohol was banned and confiscated, 88,000 unnecessary deaths would be prevented every year in the United States. 

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

All due respect, and I do respect your intelligence and thoughts on this and other matters, but that's a bad argument. 35k dead is better than 40k. No law is 100 percent effective. Most not even 20% I would guess.

Except the insinuation that a little bit of insurance and mandatory training would eliminate all 2.5k deaths by legally-obtained firearms because those people wouldn't go the few extra steps to own a firearm is ridiculous. They already went legal means to own those firearms. What is insurance and training going to do to change that? That is what his ideas lead to. Putting as much restriction and regulation out there that people stop trying to legally obtain one...saving those 2.5k lives. Even then, do knife deaths go up? poisonings? Do those numbers just transfer elsewhere?

Or that a person seeing a mental health professional is able to confiscate those guns and saving another 2500 lives that would have used that gun to commit suicide. Elimination of firearm = not suicidal anymore?

So based on those 2 factors alone, those 5000 lives saved aren't realistic anyway. People killed for a reason. People committed suicide for their reasoning. Eliminating a firearm doesn't = saved lives exactly.

I was at least giving him that.. the pretend fantasy that it would end those. You still would have 35k from illegally obtained firearms and accidental discharges...which the laws wouldn't even touch.

I would like to think there are more reasonable and productive ways to cut into that deaths number other than infringing the rights of the millions of Americans who do abide by the rules.

A good way to get law-abiding gun owners on board?

Stop focusing on the 6%-10% of gun deaths (legally obtained) and lets look at the 85-90% of gun deaths (illegally obtained).

3 hours ago, Akkula said:

Border control laws have never stopped one illegal crossing.  Why do we need em?

Sure they have.    Murder/suicide is something you do when you lose mental control in most cases.   Traveling and crossing a border is a thoughtful act with the hope of bettering your situation.   If laws prevent you from being successful you won't do it.

They stop billions of illegal crossings in the last decade alone.

We deported 250K illegals last year alone.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/12/14/deportations-under-trump-are-rise-still-lower-than-obamas-ice-report-shows/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.4ec144eefe77

31 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Well...I was drunk and naked while typing. So I’ll take it :thumbsup:

Isn’t that the only proper way to mwcboard?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

Except the insinuation that a little bit of insurance and mandatory training would eliminate all 2.5k deaths by legally-obtained firearms because those people wouldn't go the few extra steps to own a firearm is ridiculous. They already went legal means to own those firearms. What is insurance and training going to do to change that? That is what his ideas lead to. Putting as much restriction and regulation out there that people stop trying to legally obtain one...saving those 2.5k lives. Even then, do knife deaths go up? poisonings? Do those numbers just transfer elsewhere?

Or that a person seeing a mental health professional is able to confiscate those guns and saving another 2500 lives that would have used that gun to commit suicide. Elimination of firearm = not suicidal anymore?

So based on those 2 factors alone, those 5000 lives saved aren't realistic anyway. People killed for a reason. People committed suicide for their reasoning. Eliminating a firearm doesn't = saved lives exactly.

I was at least giving him that.. the pretend fantasy that it would end those. You still would have 35k from illegally obtained firearms and accidental discharges...which the laws wouldn't even touch.

I would like to think there are more reasonable and productive ways to cut into that deaths number other than infringing the rights of the millions of Americans who do abide by the rules.

A good way to get law-abiding gun owners on board?

Stop focusing on the 6%-10% of gun deaths (legally obtained) and lets look at the 85-90% of gun deaths (illegally obtained).

I agree, I just don't buy that we have to solve the problem completely to make a difference. If jumping through an extra hoop saves any lives we need to jump through it.

15 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I agree, I just don't buy that we have to solve the problem completely to make a difference. If jumping through an extra hoop saves any lives we need to jump through it.

Mental health care is the only thing that will make a difference.  Would help crime, murders and suicides.

Gun laws never have in any instance.

Reagan destroyed our mental health care system.  Notice this graph.

Image result for graph of mass shootings by decade

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

It will take some middle ground for sure. Only to alleviate, because this is an issue that can't be solved considering we are a country with freedoms nobody else really sees.

I just see the jumping through hoops as a "I can sleep better at night option"

I just don't see any "policy ideas" Orange put up there making any difference at all. Then when it comes to realization that these laws didn't do anything? What is next?

When people push these numbers and words, they aren't being completely honest with the issue at hand. For those numbers/words don't actually attack the core issue, they only push the narrative for their agenda. Ban guns.

Anyone saying otherwise just isn't being a realist.

Oct. 1 and Adam Lanza are still happening under insurance, registration, training. These proposals don't stop them.

We can go deep into the incidents and try to see what might have worked. Adam Lanza was a coward with his mothers guns. He shot himself at the hearing of police sirens. My first thought isn't his mom needed more training and another background check. It was why the +++++ are celebrities, politicians and judges surrounded by good guys with guns, but little innocent children and their heroic teachers are sitting ducks?

34 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

It will take some middle ground for sure. Only to alleviate, because this is an issue that can't be solved considering we are a country with freedoms nobody else really sees.

I just see the jumping through hoops as a "I can sleep better at night option"

I just don't see any "policy ideas" Orange put up there making any difference at all. Then when it comes to realization that these laws didn't do anything? What is next?

When people push these numbers and words, they aren't being completely honest with the issue at hand. For those numbers/words don't actually attack the core issue, they only push the narrative for their agenda. Ban guns.

Anyone saying otherwise just isn't being a realist.

Oct. 1 and Adam Lanza are still happening under insurance, registration, training. These proposals don't stop them.

We can go deep into the incidents and try to see what might have worked. Adam Lanza was a coward with his mothers guns. He shot himself at the hearing of police sirens. My first thought isn't his mom needed more training and another background check.

It was why the +++++ are celebrities, politicians and judges surrounded by good guys with guns, but little innocent children and their heroic teachers are sitting ducks?

There is no good answer for your last paragraph.  I guess it either means arming everyone or no one. There is no in between when people of high profile have more protection than those of low profile. 

13 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

There is no good answer for your last paragraph.  I guess it either means arming everyone or no one. There is no in between when people of high profile have more protection than those of low profile. 

I don't think you need to arm everyone. As for schools I think it is as simple as sufficient security measures.

If this Dallas courthouse was an elementary school there would be countless lives lost:

Instead, he never made it in the front door and was the only person killed that day.

190617_wn_moore_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg&f=1

On 7/9/2019 at 5:14 PM, Jackrabbit said:

Pretty good list.....tell us how this would make bad guys be law abiding.  

I don't expect an answer.

Also wouldn’t fix the reasons for the overwhelming majority of gun deaths: accident and suicide.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

17 hours ago, Orange said:

You're not even making any arguments at all.  My "I told you so" was a brainfart.  I meant "because I said so."

That is not a constitutional argument.  "You can't regulate at all, because CONSTITUSHION!"

That's  your argument.  And it's not tenable when 40k per year are dying.

Ya know, I was going to use actual *facts* and *stats* to refute what you’re saying, but your claims (not to mention oozing condescension) are at the point of being laughable.  Have fun being a raging moron.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg