Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Too far or fair game with the rivalry?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

It's tacky, but if they need shirts...:shrug:

This would probably lead to some fights if this was Bama-Auburn or OSU-UM.

I agree it’s tacky.   They say their offer is sincere to :shrug:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

When Tuscaloosa was waylaid by a tornado 2011, Gene Chizik rounded up the Auburn football team, piled them into busses and headed there to help with the recovery, unannounced.  Later, alums from both Auburn and Alabama organized a charity flag football game to raise money.

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level

I think it’s funny as hell. Nothing more than using humor to try and lighten up a bad situation.

was anyone injured enough from the blast where we can't make fun? Serious question, don't know.

I mean if people were hospitalized with life altering injuries than no, save the rivalry smack for something else. 

3 minutes ago, toonkee said:

was anyone injured enough from the blast where we can't make fun? Serious question, don't know.

I mean if people were hospitalized with life altering injuries than no, save the rivalry smack for something else. 

Two people went to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. They were released the same day.  Honestly it could’ve been a lot worse than it actually was. 

7 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Two people went to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. They were released the same day.  Honestly it could’ve been a lot worse than it actually was. 

totally.

Just now, toonkee said:

totally.

Apparently there were two maintenance guys working on the boilers when the explosion happened.  They didn’t suffer serious injuries either. 

I think my position on this is "too soon".

But come basketball season let the jokes about meth labs blowing up in the Reno dorms commence.

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

I think my position on this is "too soon".

But come basketball season let the jokes about meth labs blowing up in the Reno dorms commence.

We’d make those same jokes at Vegas if anyone actually lived on your campus. 

7 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

We’d make those same jokes at Vegas if anyone actually lived on your campus. 

Haha exactly...

I think the joke comes from resentment that they were forced to stay home for college and miss out on the campus life experience, unlike many of their Vegas peers who were schedule to live in Argenta...

Honestly it’s a poor attempt at humor, unsurprising from the nerds that now make up the Rebellion.  If it was funnier I doubt people would be as upset. The outrage to the tweet though makes it seem like this explosion was worst tragedy to happen in the history of UNR. 

1 hour ago, TheJackel said:

Honestly it’s a poor attempt at humor, unsurprising from the nerds that now make up the Rebellion.  If it was funnier I doubt people would be as upset. The outrage to the tweet though makes it seem like this explosion was worst tragedy to happen in the history of UNR. 

I'm not a campus historian, but I can't really think of anything worse that has happened. It sounds like the building could potentially be condemned and forced to be rebuilt. It was the center of on campus life with the campus dining hall and home to 750 students. Our campus is already way under capacity for student housing and this will make the crisis much worse. 

I think Twitter voted "too far"

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

3 minutes ago, bigd said:

I'm not a campus historian, but I can't really think of anything worse that has happened. It sounds like the building could potentially be condemned and forced to be rebuilt. It was the center of on campus life with the campus dining hall and home to 750 students. Our campus is already way under capacity for student housing and this will make the crisis much worse. 

Oh boy, call the National Guard!!! Let’s get FEMA out there stat!!!!!