Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

LA’s MWC Team

6 hours ago, RSF said:

reclamation project. 

This is the right term for it. Boogie can be a solid contributor for a good team if that team has a strong infrastructure in place. I have a hard time believing the Lakers are that team right now. But LA fans can have fun watching him pout even after wins.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

6 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Well it seems they were trying to keep their talented homegrown core intact and not lose Kevin Durant without getting a talented player in return. So, mission accomplished. 

How do you see those 3 playing together?

21 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

This is the right term for it. Boogie can be a solid contributor for a good team if that team has a strong infrastructure in place. I have a hard time believing the Lakers are that team right now. But LA fans can have fun watching him pout even after wins.

Before he signed with the Lakers, there were a lot of rumors going around that he was going to the Spurs, which I think would have been a great place for him. Oh well.

On 7/6/2019 at 11:20 AM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

This is pretty exciting. All my laker-fan friends are pretending they’re lifelong clipper junkies. 

Never fails, all the who's winning now crowd shows up.  They always say I'm a fan of the champs, never fails.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Everybody but Jimmer knew that Kawhi was gonna be better than Jimmer.

Fify

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

5 hours ago, Hoser said:

Never fails, all the who's winning now crowd shows up.  They always say I'm a fan of the champs, never fails.

I stick with my purple and gold

12 hours ago, retrofade said:

Before he signed with the Lakers, there were a lot of rumors going around that he was going to the Spurs, which I think would have been a great place for him. Oh well.

Only bc your a fan.

On 7/6/2019 at 2:18 PM, Wyobraska said:

Boogie isn't even close to the 3rd superstar.  Even in his prime Boogie would be a big gamble with his attitude and effort.  Like RSF, Boogie is a high upside gamble at a low cost.  

The injury though might have been the best thing to happen to him though if he comes out humbled and ready to work hard.  I think that still remains to be seen.  Also, pairing Boogie and Davis will clog the lane for LeBron. We'll see how that works.  Boogie and Davis were nothing special in New Orleans pre Boogie injury.  

356lr7.jpg

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

It would great to see PG and KL do some meet and greets when FSU and SDSU play twice a year. It would be great publicity for both schools and maybe the Clippers can play a bit at SM Center and Viejas for preseason games.