Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

LA’s MWC Team

Well OKC might as well trade Westbrook now. I mean they are probably in the 7-8-9-10 spot battle in the West (along with San Antonio, Golden State, and a team that makes an unexpected leap forward) will zero chance of even winning a playoff series. Might as well trade Westbrook for some picks and then unload Adams and Schroedoer  next year for picks/bad contract. Tanking also lets them keep their 2020 (top 20 protected) and 2022 (top 14 protected) first round picks and converts those to 2nd round picks. 

4 hours ago, thedude15 said:

Well OKC might as well trade Westbrook now. I mean they are probably in the 7-8-9-10 spot battle in the West (along with San Antonio, Golden State, and a team that makes an unexpected leap forward) will zero chance of even winning a playoff series. Might as well trade Westbrook for some picks and then unload Adams and Schroedoer  next year for picks/bad contract. Tanking also lets them keep their 2020 (top 20 protected) and 2022 (top 14 protected) first round picks and converts those to 2nd round picks. 

Plus, Russ puts up a lot of stats but I don't know how close he ever gets you to a title.  If I was OKC, I would move on from him.  

25 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

Plus, Russ puts up a lot of stats but I don't know how close he ever gets you to a title.  If I was OKC, I would move on from him.  

Westbrook is all about Westbrook. He needs a coach that can either coach around it or get him to buy in on being a team player... Donovan has proven himself to be neither. You could tell that PG wasn't a fan of playing with Westbrook this season... they may have had some chemistry in the previous season, but Westbrook went back to being all about hero ball when he was healthy this year. 

5 minutes ago, retrofade said:

You would be the authority on salty assholes.

Salty cum asshole.  You read it wrong.

Kawhi Leonard left your +++++in’ team!  He wanted to play in a large +++++in’ market!  And you need to get over +++++in’ it!

2 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Salty cum asshole.  You read it wrong.

Kawhi Leonard left your +++++in’ team!  He wanted to play in a large +++++in’ market!  And you need to get over +++++in’ it!

Kawhi should have stuck by the contract that he signed instead of forcing his way out. He stood every bit as good a chance of winning a Championship with the Spurs last season as he did with whomever the Spurs might have traded him to. I similarly don't really respect my own guy, PG, for forcing his way out of now two teams. My issue with Kawhi is that he and his team have scapegoated the Spurs organization as being the reason why he wanted to get out, when it was always about playing in a big market. 

The Association is a player-driven league. I can't blame Kawhi or Paul for taking what they wanted, the system makes it inevitable. Now, does the NBA occasionally look more like the WWE than basketball? At the end of the day it's a business competing for dollar dollar bills. Whatever works.

11 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

Signed with the Lakers over luring Larry Nance, Snell, and others, to the Clippers, to become the ultimate MWC Board team.

Yeah, but I think he'll fit in pretty well alongside Anthony Davis.

The NBA will be interesting to watch next season. 

24 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

George obviously suffering from PTSD having been exposed to the pit ‘o hell they call Fresno. He can’t get comfortable anywhere..

#flashbacks 

Remind us, who was the last MVP contender that came from SJSU?

LOL @ Lakers

This year's championship will be decided by injuries more than anything else. 

Denver v. Philly in the finals. 

One of the two LA teams will have their hopeful title run with their 2 superstars derailed by injuries and will not make the WCF at all.

End predictions. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

13 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Remind us, who was the last MVP contender that came from SJSU?

You're much too kind. The better question is who was the last Spartan to even make an NBA roster? And don't anybody say Brandon Clarke.

For that matter, are there even any former Spartans playing overseas?

As to the Kawhi news, I just became a Clippers fan for the first time since they left SD.

Boom goes the dynamite.