Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Where does the MWCBoard fall on The Political Compass?

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

The bastardization of the term claims another victim...

And it's @Joe from WY.

The modern American meaning of liberal is what I've understood us to be using because we're not in goddamned political science 201.

2 hours ago, Orange said:

And it's @Joe from WY.

The modern American meaning of liberal is what I've understood us to be using because we're not in goddamned political science 201.

nah. it's you who misuses it, señor obsessed. You're about as much of a liberal as Pol Pot was. 

Guest #1Stunner
4 hours ago, retrofade said:

I think we've had this posted here before, but I figured we could give it another shot anyway. It should be stressed is that it's a universal quiz based on philosophies and what your political personality is and not based on the issues de jour. 

So you're not being quizzed to determine if you're a Democrat, Republican, Libertarian or whatever else. It determines where you fall between communism and neo-liberalism on the economic x axis, and where you are between authoritarianism and libertarianism on the y axis. 

9wjxDBt.gif

For the sake of comparison, here's a look at where some famous figures from the past line up.

aEPjlPU.gif

Here's where our 2016 Presidential candidates lined up.

nKmU25F.png

Finally, here's where the primary candidates lined up.

hsVuYgo.png

The interesting thing to note between the primary and general election charts is how Trump and Hillary actually shifted once the primary was over... not significantly, but enough to be noticable. 

In any event, here's the link to the quiz itself

https://www.politicalcompass.org/

Can you add a point on the plot for "Theodemocracy"?

(there are a lot of USU, BYU, and BOISE fans on the board)

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Can you add a point on the plot for "Theodemocracy"?

(there are a lot of USU, BYU, and BOISE fans on the board)

Probably somewhere near Stalin. Don't agree with the church? To the gulag!

Pokeball and I are more similar than we thought.  

I’m balanced.  True for other personality tests I’ve taken.  Almost 50/50 or evenly distributed.

Master of none.  Cool, calm, collected, and able to not get too riled up (except for Hawaii football).  I’m an optimist.  Glass half full.

I have distain for Trump’s style though because it’s not how I operate.

Registered Democrat.

238C1933-39B8-4248-8629-C91F827A8022.png

Isn't collectivism with libertarianism a bit contradictory?

How are you going to enforce collectivism without an authority? What's going to stop someone from saying, "You can't have my property or wealth."?

The way I see it, it's a fantasy. It's a nice ideal, sure, but every time someone wants to implement something like that, they have to use force, and the mechanism of that force comes to power, not the people.

Just my opinion.

25 minutes ago, CV147 said:

Isn't collectivism with libertarianism a bit contradictory?

How are you going to enforce collectivism without an authority? What's going to stop someone from saying, "You can't have my property or wealth."?

The way I see it, it's a fantasy. It's a nice ideal, sure, but every time someone wants to implement something like that, they have to use force, and the mechanism of that force comes to power, not the people.

Just my opinion.

That's the thing though. This isn't about how you enforce things, or what the issue of the day is... it's about where you truly sit on the political scale. It's an "in a perfect world..." quiz rather than a "what could actually work in today's political climate" one. 

6 hours ago, pokebball said:

ECA, you need to get off the fence.  Pretty close to where I landed.  I'm actually left of you.  Dang!

I trip over myself a lot as I try to balance social concern and economical gains.  But in my opinion, I don't see that as a problem.  It means I have to really analyze what I choose to vote on.  For instance, the question of if people don't try to work I strongly disagreed they get any assistance, but I am a pro-aid person in theory.  I want to help people who just need a hand for a brief period, and i like nature and the individual American more than unchecked corporations, although they also should have little social responsibility as a corporation if they are a public tradex company.

See what I mean?

Guest #1Stunner
14 hours ago, retrofade said:

Probably somewhere near Stalin. Don't agree with the church? To the gulag!

To the Gulag usually means you have to attend Scout Camp for a week.   Brutal temperatures and conditions!  (Especially in when it's in Wyoming).

I'd rather be drinking a Slurpee, no doubt!

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I'm guessing you'd slot in up at the very upper right corner of the chart.

I think he's off the chart somewhere.  The political grid would have no clue what to do with his retarded, contradictory responses.  You'd have better luck interpreting dolphin chirps.