Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

The Introduce Yourself Thread Part Deux

On 7/15/2019 at 10:00 PM, AndroidAggie said:

how do you get into that career, anyway?  the at risk youth kid stuff?

Shit, Utah is full of secondary schools. 

I wasn’t a drug or alcohol addict (just loved to fight - played travel hockey - and hated school), but got sent to Koosharem, Utah when I was 17 to become a resident of Sorensons Ranch School. 

Shit, you don’t know a fcked up kid until you experience one there.  I’ll never forget hearing about the female sneaking across to the male quarters - then going train.  Next morning she slit her wrist, of course the wrong way.  

She lived, thankfully - but that was one hell of an experience.  

6 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

I wasn’t a drug or alcohol addict (just loved to fight - played travel hockey - and hated school), but got sent to Koosharem, Utah when I was 17 to become a resident of Sorensons Ranch School. 

Shit, you don’t know a fcked up kid until you experience one there.  I’ll never forget hearing about the female sneaking across to the male quarters - then going train.  Next morning she slit her wrist, of course the wrong way.  

i don't live in utah

sorry to hear about that young woman.

:oldman:

UPDATE !!!!

Old fatty here has cracked the 270 pound line & has been consistently 269 & under for the last week 

Note: I am still a gazelle (fleet of foot) but my dunking a basketball ability has faded over the years :rant:

Steve-em (have long hyphenated) name born  in Hilo Hawaii  in 1946 exactly three months tothe  day after the deadly Tsunami. 

LIve in San Diego East county Spend a lot of time in Mexico with relatives

Teams San Diego state,Hawaii,ASU All Blacks Rugby team

BA San Diego State  double major Philosophy / Theater Before  (went two years to ASU 

Musical tastes Blue grass Blues Celtic rock

Two cats

Married Two sons by first wife passed away KImo, Keone, one a physician the other a Plasma physicist  youngest son by current wife  is getting his Phd in May at the Univ of Miami.

Interests  Military and American history, genetic genealogy,.Zen Buddhism, anthropology belong to Sons of American revolution Sons of Union veterans and Sons of Confederate veterans and society of war of 1812

22482_972974642713304_491509631491529835_n.jpg

Picture 1.jpg

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

On 7/19/2019 at 12:18 AM, tailingpermit said:

I had students in my caseload that were like that and I enrolled them in auto body shop and home construction for their electives. It kept them active and allowed them to use their hands to build stuff rather than punch other students. I noticed that when they had a break from the classroom for at least 2 hours out of the day they were less likely to start trouble.The trade off was they had to stay after school 3 days a week to take an online course if they wanted to stay caught up. After a month I saw their grades start going up and their trips to the campus security office start going down.    

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

Template

Name: Korey

Hometown: San Jose and now Meridian

University and Degree:university of oregon, BS, MS Geology

Teams: this is a tough one because withe CTE and all the damage being done to players I'm having a tough time supporting it anymore. Niners, Ducks and Boise.

Interests: halloween. Quilting. Rock hunting. Gardening. Reducing my carbon footprint and cats. Ayurvedic medicine. Reiki and Jin Shin Jyutsu. 

Dislikes: racism, sexism, unkindness, thoughtlessness being judgemental

Favorite Activities. Quilting, gardening, meditation

On my playlist: Elbow, springsteen. Dudamel, Carlos Nakai

Married/Kids/Pets: and make someone miserable? Ha

Miscellaneous: trying to get and stay healthy which is proving to be a challenge. 6/10 got T-boned and *sob* totaled my tundra. Dealing with post concussive syndrome and other than 3 half days which were a disaster I'm out of work.

One of the Final Five..........

2 hours ago, mysfit said:

Template

Teams: this is a tough one because withe CTE and all the damage being done to players I'm having a tough time supporting it anymore. Niners, Ducks and Boise.

Interests: halloween. Quilting. Rock hunting. Gardening. Reducing my carbon footprint and cats. Ayurvedic medicine. Reiki and Jin Shin Jyutsu. 

Miscellaneous: trying to get and stay healthy which is proving to be a challenge. 6/10 got T-boned and *sob* totaled my tundra. Dealing with post concussive syndrome and other than 3 half days which were a disaster I'm out of work.

Terrible. Hopefully only brighter days ahead for you.

Also, I don't know why I haven't added Dudamel to my playlist yet???

2 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Terrible. Hopefully only brighter days ahead for you.

Also, I don't know why I haven't added Dudamel to my playlist yet???

Gustavo Dudamel is a conductor of classical music. If you're into that sort of thing, he is a joy to watch given how expressive he is. YouTube has quite a selection. He believes music can be "an engine for social change". 

One of the Final Five..........

7 hours ago, mysfit said:

Gustavo Dudamel is a conductor of classical music. If you're into that sort of thing, he is a joy to watch given how expressive he is. YouTube has quite a selection. He believes music can be "an engine for social change". 

Yes. I know who he is. He's the L.A. Phil conductor.

On 7/23/2019 at 7:59 PM, mysfit said:

Template

That sucks. Hopefully you feel better soon and can get back to work. I missed two months last summer when I hurt my hand, and it just about drove me crazy. 

And I hope you get a new Tundra. 

On 7/11/2019 at 10:08 PM, bornsilverandblue said:

Name: 

Hometown: Sparks, NV

University and Degree: AA from TMCC in Reno, currently working on BA in Psychology at Capella University and in English at Great Basin College, with intent to pursue advanced degrees.

Occupation: Currently something other than intended possible career paths.

Teams: Nevada Wolf Pack, San Francisco Giants

Interests: Sports; outdoors; astronomy and theoretical physics, along with other intellectual pursuits

Dislikes: Liars; willful misuse of common psychological terms (random pet peeve)

Favorite Activities: Usually things having to do with interests

On my playlist: Most genres except rap and heavy metal.  I’m sure you could find some random obscure something I cringe at.

Married/Kids/Pets: No(t yet); significant other has a little one for whom I’ll be filing paternal rights if/when she and I tie the knot; no

OMG you sound so OCD!!!

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Guest #1Stunner
21 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

Don't forget Reynolds.

14 hours ago, retrofade said:

Reynolds is a Mormon name? +++++!

Imagine-Dragons.jpg

Name:  Jim

Hometown:  Visalia, CA.  Grew up here and live here now.  Was born in Pasadena, and moved back to SoCal and lived in Camarillo for 12 years when my wife and I got married.

University and Degree:  Cal Poly SLO, History

Occupation:  Sales, I cover Central CA for a window manufacturer

Teams:  Fresno State, Stanford, Dodgers, and UCLA

Interests:  Youth sports my kids are playing, college sports, camping, shooting, travel, photography, and history.  Used to be very interested and active in politics, not so much anymore.

Dislikes:  Boise State

Favorite Activities:  Watching my kids play sports, watching my kids ride horses, hiking, and talking with people I like.  That's why I love my job even though I bitch about it.  Love working with customers in construction, most of them have a similar world view as I do, especially in Central CA

On my playlist:  70's and 80's rock, 80's and 90's country

Married/Kids/Pets:  Married for 17 years, 3 kids, 13, 9, and 6.  One mongrel about 3 years old.  I may complain about my wife (regularly), but I wouldn't trade her for anybody.

Miscellaneous:  The pic below is from the day before yesterday.  Annual camping trip with just me and the two oldest at the Golden Trout Wilderness.  Probably my favorite place on earth.

DSC08202.JPG

Name: Nevada6077

Hometown: Sioux City Iowa

University and Degree: U of Iowa BS, Nevada BS

Teams: Iowa Hawkeyes, Nevada Wolf Pack, Boston C's, Greenbay Packers, St Louie Birds

Interests: Family and Libations

Dislikes: UNLV and red color. cheaters, liers, and thieves

Favorite Activities: Going out with friends

On my playlist: 60-70 rock

Married/Kids/Pets: Married with 2 kids and four grandbabbies

Miscellaneous: Love politics

•  

Name:  Robert California

Hometown: Philadelphia, PA.

University and Degree:  UPenn: MBA in finance

Teams: Air Force; Denver Broncos

Interests: Hiding silently