Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

The Introduce Yourself Thread Part Deux

Name: Johnny

Hometown: Laramie

University and Degree: B.S., Civil Engineering, Gonzaga University, M.S., Civil Engineering (Structural), University of Wyoming

Teams: UW, GU

Interests: Sports (duh), malty beer, working out, sci fi and fantasy books and movies

Dislikes: Wind

Favorite Activities: reading, computer games, working out- swimming, running, body weight stuff, hiking, camping

On my playlist: classic rock, light on '80s music, 2000s era pop, daft punk, some reggaeton, an embarrassing amount of taylor swift

Married/Kids/Pets: married, 2 daughters, 2 cats

Goals: to climb Gannet Peak (probably not going to happen just due to how long that trip takes), walk on my hands across a football field (working on it, can get to the 40 on a great day). 

Miscellaneous: I used to teach group fitness classes and my favorite part was when a new guy would come in to try the class out, get absolutely destroyed by the workout, look around at the middle aged slightly doughy looking women in the class who were killing it, and be ashamed

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Name: Chris

Hometown: small sleepy town in the Coachella Valley

University and Degree: SDSU Art (Graphic Design)

Teams: SDSU, US National Teams Pros: Angels, Padres, Cowboys, Bulls, Anaheim Ducks

Interests: Sports, Video Games, Buying CDs, Photography, bad reality TV.

Dislikes: Folks who don't use common sense

Favorite Activities: Thrift Store shopping looking for jerseys, CDs, sometimes records, and audio books. Photography, spending too much time at the local mom & pop music store

On my playlist: I listen to pretty much everything, but usually I stick to 90s Pop, R&B, Rap. Currently I've been listening to the Wu Tang Clan's discography on shuffle. 

Married/Kids/Pets: nope/nope/nope

Miscellaneous: I don't post much here, I like to read what everyone thinks. Sometimes I'll check out a MWC team's local sports radio just to see what their fans are saying. 

sig.png

Great idea.  I've enjoyed reading about all of you.  Lot's of things I didn't know, including a few more accountants.

Name:pokebball

Hometown:  Cheyenne, WY

University and Degree:  The real UDub; BS Acctg

Teams:  UW, MWC teams, Raiders, Bills now, Celtics, Rockies and Cardinals, whoever is playing BYU

Interests:  Family, friends, outdoors, reading

Dislikes:  Negativity, closed mindedness, intolerance

Favorite Activities:  Hiking, walking my dog, trying new craft beers, local bands and music

On my playlist:  Classic rock, blues

Married/Kids/Pets:  Married to the love of my life for 38 years, two boys - one a doctor the other a junior in college, choc lab

Miscellaneous:  I do a significant roadie every year to a Wyo football game.  Tulsa this year.  I also try to make San Diego when we play there.  My best man lives there and I love the place.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Name: SharkTanked

Hometown: Born in Albuquerque, raised in Vegas

University and Degree: UNLV, BA History

Teams: UNLV, VGK

Interests: Board Games, Reading, Hiking, Craft Beers

Dislikes: Most people

Favorite Activities: Time with the family, nature 

On my playlist: 90's rock, classic rock, new folk (for when the BP gets too high)

Married/Kids/Pets: Married, 1 kid, and two dogs

Miscellaneous: I play bassoon. Almost went professional musician and may when I retire from my "real job."

Name: Small Town Rocker

Hometown: Escalon, CA

University and Degree: University of California, Davis BA in English

Occupation: PhD student studying environmental history, former journalist

Teams: Sacramento Kings, SJSU Football, Syracuse Basketball, A's 

Interests: The social construction of nature, good storytelling, ambivalence, intelligent fart jokes, books about rivers

Dislikes: Moral clarity, bureaucracy, when the latter acts with the former

Favorite Activities: Fishing, reading, writing, grilling, beering

On my playlist: Grandaddy, ambient electronica, Bill Evans

Married/Kids/Pets: Wife of 10 years, son of 2.5, pit/shepherd mix of 6 years, cat of 15 years

Miscellaneous: My favorite thing about my wife is how much fun we have talking sh*t about other people. 

20190622_160927.jpg

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Name: tailingpermit, 47 year old freshman, tiny hands and early in my MWC Board days I was referred as, "who's sock is this?!"

Hometown: Chicago, IL - lived in Twin Bridges, MT, Seattle, WA, Key West, FL and Boise, ID.  Now back in Chicago.

University and Degree: The Boise State University, Business.

Teams: Boise State, Cubs, Bears.

Interests: Drinking and collecting bourbon.

Dislikes: Provostanis 

Favorite Activities: Saltwater Fly Fishing, shopping for extra small Isotoner gloves.

On my playlist: Anything from Wham to Lil Peep.

Married/Kids/Pets: Never married, no kids and one step-cat that came from the girlfriend.

Miscellaneous: Never received a speeding ticket, but I drive at least 30 over the limit on all major expressways.

I'm the first to the right, Hell Week freshman year at the military school...

18814073_1901878093417759_7186954995994819879_n.jpg

Template

Name: Drew (I'm 34)

Hometown: Memphis TN (Iive in Bartlett TN)

University and Degree: Southwest TN College, AAS Information Technology (went to the UofM for a year), NHA Certified Pharmacy Technician

Southwest's Maxine Smith Center where I attended:

zellner5.jpg?format=750w

Occupation: Certified Pharmacy Tech at Walmart (store 6807 Whitten/I40)

Teams: Memphis Tigers/Grizz

Interests: Memphis sports, pharmacy, star trek, star wars, BSG, Babylon 5

Favorite Activities: I love going on road games to see all the different cities and campuses. Drinks and Dinner with friends. Netflix and chill.

On my playlist: lots of stuff lol I love Michael Jackson, Paul McCartney, Fleetwood Mac, Elton John, Queen, Rolling Stones, Frank Sinatra, Backstreet Boys, Eagles, and many more (my music tastes are all over the place)

Married/Kids/Pets: not married/no kids/no pets

33837613_1672877862759459_42350660356627

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

My condolences for the loss of your loved one (you as well @BSUTOP25).

And I think boring is a noble and worthy goal. I love my boring life.

Thank you.

There have been times in my life, especially when my ex was taking me to court every year just for the hell of it, that I thought 'I would love to be bored'.. I'm good with it.

1 hour ago, Slapdad said:

Name: Slapdad

Hometown: Carson City, NV, then to Reno and in Houston, Texas since 2007.

University and Degree: University of Nevada - dual major BS -  Accounting & Entrepreneurial Management, Texas A&M - Fire Science

Occupation: Finance - Controller for an Oil & Gas company by day, firefighter/EMT by night. 

Teams: Wolf Pack, LA Angels, Chargers, Rockets - secondary teams Astros & Texans.

Interests: Music, sports, women & wine. 

Dislikes: People with dislikes. 

Favorite Activities playing baseball, skiing, surfing, working out, guitar, riding the fire truck. 

On my playlist: Dirty Heads, Royal Blood, Missio, Big Data, Volbeat, INXS, Peter Bjorn and John, Cure, Peter Murphy, Joy Division, Sex Pistols, Rise Against, Fugazi...and some Post Malone, Lil Nas X, XXXTentation and Juice WRLD  thrown in when my kids are in the car. I listen to everything though....Reggae, Ska, EDM, Jazz, and will tolerate a little country when social situations dictate that I must. 

Married/Kids/Pets: A couple times....at least....the last time about 10 years ago. Three kids (2 sons 1 daughter), 1 weird little dog that a girlfriend gave me. 

Miscellaneous: Became a firefighter a couple years ago and added EMT to my quiver earlier this year. 

So that's a "no" then on being my BFF?

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

2 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

So that's a "no" then on being my BFF?

It’s more of a guideline than anything, but there’s some wiggle room in there. 

2 hours ago, madmartigan said:

There has been a steep decline in these types of posters the past few years. They are an endangered species. Even posters that were formerly TCSUF have reformed into normal posters. 

I know. And it saddens me.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Ok. But I’m not quite following the format, cause I really am a rebel. 

Mostly everyone knows I’m a dental hygienist, and have been forever. I was born in Vegas, I’m a 5th generation southern Nevadan, my family helped settle the area. I have a son and a daughter, and she has a daughter, who is now 2 1/2.  She is my rebel partner, she LOVES basketball, especially at the ‘rebel house’. I don’t know where she got that from. :D

I divorced my alcoholic husband when my kids were 5 and 8, and raised them myself. I had a long time boyfriend who passed away a few years ago, and since no one makes me laugh like he did, i have fun finding my own way.

I love most sports, always have. Rebels are #1, VGK is 2, and I will watch MW teams before most other college football and basketball. 

I have an Aussie, and a chihuahua/ dachshund/ something else mix that was abused that my son rescued. 

About the only kind of music I don’t like is elevator music, but Classic rock always works, as well as current, with an edge. 

Pretty boring, really. 

43ABC1D8-CA50-4897-9597-0752E6D976AF.jpeg

I we really supposed to post photos of ourselves on this thread?

Well fine then. 

d6amcj0-bee3d9cc-bee2-42bb-9077-817c0504

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, MarchingAztecsAlum said:

Name: Chris

Hometown: small sleepy town in the Coachella Valley

University and Degree: SDSU Art (Graphic Design)

Teams: SDSU, US National Teams Pros: Angels, Padres, Cowboys, Bulls, Anaheim Ducks

Interests: Sports, Video Games, Buying CDs, Photography, bad reality TV.

Dislikes: Folks who don't use common sense

Favorite Activities: Thrift Store shopping looking for jerseys, CDs, sometimes records, and audio books. Photography, spending too much time at the local mom & pop music store

On my playlist: I listen to pretty much everything, but usually I stick to 90s Pop, R&B, Rap. Currently I've been listening to the Wu Tang Clan's discography on shuffle. 

Married/Kids/Pets: nope/nope/nope

Miscellaneous: I don't post much here, I like to read what everyone thinks. Sometimes I'll check out a MWC team's local sports radio just to see what their fans are saying. 

You gotta get over here.  I see you on AMesa and respect you persistence slogging through there. :cheers:

17 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

You gotta get over here.  I see you on AMesa and respect you persistence slogging through there. :cheers:

Thanks! Yeah it's an adventure on AMesa and I'm not as active as I used to be, now I'll check in over there one or two times a week, more during the season. I usually check out this board, see what's going on, and once in a while I'll throw in my two cents. 

sig.png

26 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

tenor.gif

Let's let it continue on its intended course for a few more pages before it gets the sound thread jacking it deserves.

Plus, now that I know the forum is owned by the Kingpin, I have to be more careful about what I post - the guy's patently dangerous.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg