Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MetropolitanCowboy

Apparently the US Flag is now racist.

1 hour ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Hey , a Kap led team beat  #3 Boise in 2010 and destroyed all Boise hopes. 

That alone, in my mind, makes up for anything the man has chosen to do after.

Don't be a hater. Colin speaks his mind just as you do. Don't forget that.

He was a great guy at Nevada on every level, and the memories will always be special. But he chose to bury the Nevada guy that we loved so much, and that’s on him, not NV fans Only complete idiots spend that much time looking for things to be offended by. He will never accomplish anything productive with what he’s been doing as a divider.

kat.jpg

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Y'all are aware Kaeperslap grew up in a lily white neighborhood and went to a lily white school and for all intents and purposes was lily white right? It's not like he grew up in the hood or faced rampant discrimination. I know. I knew him back then. He was whiter than I was. 

I’ve read all about him. He was certainly fortunate to be adopted. 

Are you black?

Just now, NevadaFan said:

I’ve read all about him. He was certainly fortunate to be adopted. 

Are you black?

From the waist down. 

Are you? 

Oh. My bad. I thought you actually had a reason to be triggered. 

Are you black? Or are you just another white expert on the black experience in America? 

41 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

No. He has an opinion that is different than yours and you’re threatened by it. I do agree that I don’t always agree with how he delivers that message because it’s uncomfortable. At the same time, I’m a white dude who has literally NEVER experienced racism on any level.

Oh Dude, just fvck off, already. I get so tired of little wankers like you that can’t seem to handle seeing someone have a different observation than you that really bothers you. So you throw it back like, Oh! it’s got to be “threatening” to you. 🤪🤪🤪 LOL. 

Oh, I forgot to address the racism. We all experience bad shit of all kinds. Some more than others, but the gold standard consensus healthy way to deal with it is to overcome it, and stop living as a victim. Move past it and conquer it. You don’t dwell on it and sulk. 

I’ve had late stage Lyme for 20 years and I’d trade places with Collin’s bad shit any day of the week and 5 times on Sunday. I don’t sulk about how unfair it is that little ticks are biting people and destroying so many lives....destroying America. No, I’m not a pvssy victim, I beat it and focus on the positive of picking up the pieces, moving forward and succeeding. Victimization is a terrible mental disease that liberals sold minority’s on back in the 60’s and ended up destroying the black family unit, and continues to destroy to this day. Collin caught it when he met that skank. Guys like Kanye finally get it, and for doing so gets his life threatened. Go figure. 

kat.jpg

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

Are you black? Or are you just another white expert on the black experience in America? 

You must not have read my posts. I explained my viewpoint. I just said I’ve never experienced racism on any level... I’m a white dude who like you works in tech. 

You must not have read my posts. I explained my viewpoint. I just said I’ve never experienced racism on any level... I’m a white dude who like you works in tech. 

No, you're right. I don't usually read your posts. 

6 hours ago, pokebball said:

39 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Y'all are aware Kaeperslap grew up in a lily white neighborhood and went to a lily white school and for all intents and purposes was lily white right? It's not like he grew up in the hood or faced rampant discrimination. I know. I knew him back then. He was whiter than I was. 

Are you the same person you were in high school? Surely you've gained some experiences since then that have informed your opinions, beliefs, etc. 

17 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Are you the same person you were in high school? Surely you've gained some experiences since then that have informed your opinions, beliefs, etc. 

Or meet an activist girl friend that explained to Kap that he is really a black victim and needs to stand up for all the other black victims in the country. All the while wearing a Fidel Castro shirt, or was it Che Guevera, to identify with the oppressed? Love indoctrinates us all. Lol.

17 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I don't know. 

6 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Or meet an activist girl friend that explained to Kap that he is really a black victim and needs to stand up for all the other black victims in the country. All the while wearing a Fidel Castro shirt, or was it Che Guevera, to identify with the oppressed? Love indoctrinates us all. Lol.

The Fidel shirt in Miami was truly his finest hour. 

I know when I think of people who aren't oppressive, I think of Fidel and Raul Castro.

14 hours ago, Orange said:

The +++++ does any of this have to do with Betsy +++++ing Ross?   This is about the flag, and what it represents (i.e. a country that tolerated owning human beings, long after most of the powers of the day ceased the practice).  Also, there's virtually no evidence that Betsy Ross even sewed this flag.

Everything needs to be spelled out for you.  Historical context matters.  The society they lived in matters when you are busy judging them.  That flag is not a symbol of slavery any more than it is a symbol of how the country felt about countless other things that have changed in society over the past 250 or so years.  Collin should probably learn a little more history (and maybe you as well).  There were other things going on in this country in the 1770s besides slavery.  This is just a case of faux offense and faux outrage.  No one is looking to lionize their views on slavery, but if you are not contextualizing it, then you are just race baiting.

I used to see the old confederate flags flying on trucks but now that Trump was elected they've changed to the US flag.

...But still confederate flag in the house somewhere. Amirite?

9 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

“Kaepernick earned a management degree from Nevada before turning pro in 2011. He had a 4.0 GPA in college and scored an impressive 38 on the Wonderlic test before the NFL draft.”

interesting take. The guy is not dumb. He says anything and people fall all over themselves to justify policy and history I seriously doubt they ever discussed previously. 

Just cause the guy is intelligent...

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 hour ago, BYUcougfan said:

Everything needs to be spelled out for you.  Historical context matters.  The society they lived in matters when you are busy judging them.  That flag is not a symbol of slavery any more than it is a symbol of how the country felt about countless other things that have changed in society over the past 250 or so years.  Collin should probably learn a little more history (and maybe you as well).  There were other things going on in this country in the 1770s besides slavery.  This is just a case of faux offense and faux outrage.  No one is looking to lionize their views on slavery, but if you are not contextualizing it, then you are just race baiting.

How is a black person supposed to view that era in history?  Please do explain.