Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MetropolitanCowboy

Apparently the US Flag is now racist.

2 hours ago, BYUcougfan said:

The Betsy Ross flag is not a symbol of oppression.  Collin is a hammer, so every problem looks like a nail.  It is all he has.

Yeah, kinda like those bitches, John Carlos, Muhammed Ali, Tommy Smith and Kareem?

45 minutes ago, alum93 said:

This guy summarizes the Kap protests better then i ever could in a few sentences.   He brought awareness for an issue he felt passionate about,  oppression of blacks, using a peaceful means of protest.  The nerve of him, or idiot as you choose to call him.

https://fox2now.com/2017/09/25/dallas-sportscaster-delivers-powerful-monologue-says-anthem-protests-not-about-disrespecting-flag/

If he'd have stopped after he made his point, I'd agree.  But it became the self serving, Colin show. 

Colin is an idiot.  He was never a smart guy but he didn't lose his phucking mind until he hooked up with that Nessa chick.  Nor was he all that concerned about all the injustice in the world until it became clear his time in the league was coming to an end.  

You may respect him, but I do not.  And I generally respect people who are involved and passionate about a cause, even if I don't agree with their stance.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

21 minutes ago, Orange said:

Yeah, kinda like those bitches, John Carlos, Muhammed Ali, Tommy Smith and Kareem?

Huh?  Did all of them sign on to the Betsy Ross Flag boycott?  I am sure in his present state that Muhammed Ali is really concerned about this.  I feel kind of confident in saying that anyone who is backing Collin on this is just looking for new ways to be offended.  Betsy Ross lived in a different time with different social mores.  We should maybe judge her based on how she operated in that society.  Was she worse?  Better?  Anyone posting on this thread or lining up behind Collin that was transported back and born during that time would have had similar views.  It is naive, ignorant, and arrogant to think you would have somehow been more enlightened.

1 hour ago, BYUcougfan said:

Huh?  Did all of them sign on to the Betsy Ross Flag boycott?  I am sure in his present state that Muhammed Ali is really concerned about this.  I feel kind of confident in saying that anyone who is backing Collin on this is just looking for new ways to be offended.  Betsy Ross lived in a different time with different social mores.  We should maybe judge her based on how she operated in that society.  Was she worse?  Better?  Anyone posting on this thread or lining up behind Collin that was transported back and born during that time would have had similar views.  It is naive, ignorant, and arrogant to think you would have somehow been more enlightened.

The +++++ does any of this have to do with Betsy +++++ing Ross?   This is about the flag, and what it represents (i.e. a country that tolerated owning human beings, long after most of the powers of the day ceased the practice).  Also, there's virtually no evidence that Betsy Ross even sewed this flag.

1 hour ago, Orange said:

How are they even in the same realm? At least those guys made themselves into the people they were and weren’t privileged kids who were sad about being benched in the league.

Apples and Oranges

Guest #1Stunner
11 minutes ago, Orange said:

The +++++ does any of this have to do with Betsy +++++ing Ross?   This is about the flag, and what it represents (i.e. a country that tolerated owning human beings, long after most of the powers of the day ceased the practice).  Also, there's virtually no evidence that Betsy Ross even sewed this flag.

8 hours ago, Posturedoc said:

But all men were not created equal at this time. You simply can’t gloss that over. When institutional racism no longer plays a part in the day to day lives of people of color and overt racists like the white nationalists aren’t laying claim to the Stars and Stripes vintage that best represents their dominance in this country, perhaps those fighting against racism in the United States will be just a bit less sensitive to these things. 

When hell freezes over?

110926run_defense710.jpg

25 minutes ago, Orange said:

How do you feel about the 13 stripes, and what they represent, on our current flag?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

5 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

If he'd have stopped after he made his point, I'd agree.  But it became the self serving, Colin show. 

Colin is an idiot.  He was never a smart guy but he didn't lose his phucking mind until he hooked up with that Nessa chick.  Nor was he all that concerned about all the injustice in the world until it became clear his time in the league was coming to an end.  

You may respect him, but I do not.  And I generally respect people who are involved and passionate about a cause, even if I don't agree with their stance.  

Hey , a Kap led team beat  #3 Boise in 2010 and destroyed all Boise hopes. 

That alone, in my mind, makes up for anything the man has chosen to do after.

Don't be a hater. Colin speaks his mind just as you do. Don't forget that.

7 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

“Kaepernick earned a management degree from Nevada before turning pro in 2011. He had a 4.0 GPA in college and scored an impressive 38 on the Wonderlic test before the NFL draft.”

interesting take. The guy is not dumb. He says anything and people fall all over themselves to justify policy and history I seriously doubt they ever discussed previously. 

1 minute ago, NevadaFan said:

“Kaepernick earned a management degree from Nevada before turning pro in 2011. He had a 4.0 GPA in college and scored an impressive 38 on the Wonderlic test before the NFL draft.”

interesting take. The guy is not dumb. He says anything and people fall all over themselves to justify policy and history I seriously doubt they ever discussed previously. 

He’s very dumb on a certain level. And unfortunately he stays there and refuses to use the elevator or the stairs. 

kat.jpg

4 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

He’s very dumb on a certain level. And unfortunately he stays there and refuses to use the elevator or the stairs. 

No. He has an opinion that is different than yours and you’re threatened by it. I do agree that I don’t always agree with how he delivers that message because it’s uncomfortable. At the same time, I’m a white dude who has literally NEVER experienced racism on any level.

Y'all are aware Kaeperslap grew up in a lily white neighborhood and went to a lily white school and for all intents and purposes was lily white right? It's not like he grew up in the hood or faced rampant discrimination. I know. I knew him back then. He was whiter than I was.