Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SJ PRIDE

DANCE a mile in her shoes!

55 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

So you think this is an actual SJSU fan and not a troll? Ok.

If it is a troll, they swung and missed on this one.  It seems like it is a community service/awareness event.  I don't see many people really thinking something negative about it.

47 minutes ago, fearthefumanchu said:

How is wearing women's shoes community service?

It's not the literal part of wearing the shoes that's community service. It's the participation in raising public awareness about women abuse issues that is community service.

18 minutes ago, renoskier said:

@4UNLV @mysfit @Broncomare ...who am I forgetting?

WTF is with these?   Image result for stiletto heels   Cruel shoes...just say no.

Used to wear them all the time. Now that I have back issues (hazard of dentistry, lol) I don’t wear them as much. Last time was for my daughter’s wedding, but since they don’t really go with my scrubs anyway....

21 minutes ago, renoskier said:

@4UNLV @mysfit @Broncomare ...who am I forgetting?

WTF is with these?   Image result for stiletto heels   Cruel shoes...just say no.

In my late teens & early 20's, I'd wear shoes like that.  Then after one night in pain and taking the shoes off, I'm like WTF, I'm 5'9".... I don't need to wear no stinkin heals and I haven't since!!!

down in a hole.jpg

2 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Used to wear them all the time. Now that I have back issues (hazard of dentistry, lol) I don’t wear them as much. Last time was for my daughter’s wedding, but since they don’t really go with my scrubs anyway....

I frequently recommended to my high heels patients to ditch those biomechanical abominations. Few did. Women who wear heels on the regular appear to be emotionally, no, irrationally attached to them.  

8 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Oh, come on @4UNLV those would go perfect with scrubs!!!

down in a hole.jpg

First we had a thread entitled "SJSU Voted Best College Sports Teams" which, we learned after opening the thread, meant that SJSU earned (?) the distinction of having finished second to Stanford in a Mercury News poll of best college sports teams in the Silicon Valley.

Then we had a thread by another Spartan which contained a photo of some football stands demolished by a backhoe.

Not to be outdone by the prior two threads, we now have this one apparently started by a third diehard Spartan.

:cheer:SAN!!! You go girl!!!

Boom goes the dynamite.

10 minutes ago, Posturedoc said:

I frequently recommended to my high heels patients to ditch those biomechanical abominations. Few did. Women who wear heels on the regular appear to be emotionally, no, irrationally attached to them.  

Well those are super cute..

13 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

In my late teens & early 20's, I'd wear shoes like that.  Then after one night in pain and taking the shoes off, I'm like WTF, I'm 5'9".... I don't need to wear no stinkin heals and I haven't since!!!

I was only 5’1” so I could wear them no matter who I was with. It was fun. 

2 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I was only 5’1” so I could wear them no matter who I was with. It was fun. 

During the mid-80's Wyoming had one of the best basketball teams in the nation.  At Center was 6' 11" Eric Leckner.  A group of us were up at the bar getting pitchers and Eric turned around and nailed me right in the eye with his elbow.  It didn't hurt so bad then because we were getting pitchers of, and had been drinking, kamikazes but it sure did the next day.  I had a big old nasty shiner.  That was one time it sucked to be tall!  

down in a hole.jpg

11 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Well those are super cute..

Haha. ^^^this was pretty much the only argument ever presented in defense of their continued use of “shoes” that are better suited to being used as weapons. 

1 hour ago, Broncomare said:

During the mid-80's Wyoming had one of the best basketball teams in the nation.  At Center was 6' 11" Eric Leckner.  A group of us were up at the bar getting pitchers and Eric turned around and nailed me right in the eye with his elbow.  It didn't hurt so bad then because we were getting pitchers of, and had been drinking, kamikazes but it sure did the next day.  I had a big old nasty shiner.  That was one time it sucked to be tall!  

I remember Leckner. He and Fennis Dembo tore it up while I was in Wyoming. Had to be 87.

During the one year I went to Weber state, a 7’2” b-ball player leaned over to use the coke machine.. I went to his waist. :D

7 hours ago, Broncomare said:

Another downside with that type of shoe, they are more likely to get hung up in your car's headliner when you are trying to get comfortable in the back seat.

13 hours ago, SBBulldog85 said:

Another downside with that type of shoe, they are more likely to get hung up in your car's headliner when you are trying to get comfortable in the back seat.

Why were you wearing heals while getting comfortable in your back seat?

down in a hole.jpg