Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Compassionate Liberalism: phuck the poor / middle class - Natural Gas

18 minutes ago, CV147 said:

Have all the homeless ride stationary bike generators in exchange for food. This will keep them active and in better health while generating renewable energy.

Win, win.

This will sound heartless, but we do have the fatest poor people in the world.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

12 minutes ago, pokebball said:

This will sound heartless, but we do have the fatest poor people in the world.

Ah, you shouldn't have deleted the question mark. Rhetorically that was perfect.

I read this thread on Reddit the other day.

What was surprising to me was how much the local government's inaction toward homelessness was pushing people to the right of the political spectrum.

It is a great thread, by the way.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/c0liuk/liberals_of_reddit_what_is_your_most_conservative/

Quote from the thread:

I'm a lifelong liberal. Voted Democratic or occasionally Green for every candidate in every election since I was old enough (in '92). I drove to another state at my own expense and went door-to-door for John Kerry in '04. I was at Obama's election-night victory rally in Chicago in 2008.

I live in Seattle now. We have severe problems with homeless addicts here - defecating on the sidewalks, leaving heroin needles in the grass, stealing packages, breaking into cars, threatening passers-by. Some have been arrested more than a hundred times, but by orders of the far-left city council, they're just released immediately. This has led to several violent crimes - including rapes and a recent attempt to throw a woman from a highway overpass - when repeat offenders known to the system have been allowed to remain on the streets.

By Seattle standards, I'm some kind of right-wing monster because I want those who commit crimes such as public defecation and drug use to be arrested and sentenced. Either prison or residential drug treatment programs, I don't care which.

San Franciscan here. Long-time classic Liberal, getting radicalized to the Right by SF's inane policies, including this one (homelessness/open shooting up, etc.)

It's not a matter of lack of $$$. SF spends $300,000,000 to $400,000,000 PER YEAR on "homelessness" - with zero accountability on the numerous "non-profit" (lol) organizations that "help solve the problem" (lol again).

I've come to see this, and some other "liberal" policies as blatant scams - sucking $$ from working folks, every bit as much as some major Corps suck tax $$$ from working folks. Cui Bono? (Who benefits?).

Politicians exploit issues to gain power. Here, they waste massive taxpayer $$$, pandering to a hugely liberal electorate by promising "humane solutions" that make voters feel good about how compassionate they are - while watching the problem persist, and agreeing to throw more and more $$$ at it. The politicians funnel those $$$ to numerous "non-profits" who, in return, provide campaign finance and campaign workers to the same politicians who fill the money trough.

The latest project is the City building new apartments for homeless people with taxpayer $$$ - and the cost is over $900,000 per each 1 bedroom apartment.

If one makes the argument that $900,000 spent outside SF could house at least 20 people instead of just one, which would help more people, one is met with scorn and accusations of being against "economic diversity".

It's an insane policy, actually evil because it fails to help the most, but it lines the pockets of the well-connected, and gets votes for the politicians from fuzzy-headed liberals

11 hours ago, CV147 said:

I read this thread on Reddit the other day.

What was surprising to me was how much the local government's inaction toward homelessness was pushing people to the right of the political spectrum.

It is a great thread, by the way.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/c0liuk/liberals_of_reddit_what_is_your_most_conservative/

Quote from the thread:

Reading the additional comments on that Seattle post and good god................