Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sputnik46

Cincinnati and Houston to Join MWC

On 6/28/2019 at 10:24 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Raising the profile of the confence makes recruiting easier.  Similar to how Nevadas biggest selling point with football recruits is they get to play in the same conference as Boise State.

A big selling point in going to Nevada is it’s incredibly fun to troll a rival like Boise St. Like waiting until they think they’re getting into a National Title game or Rose Bowl, and just yank that blue carpet from under their feet and watch them go through a Chernobyl quality meltdown that’s for the ages.

Or more simple things like waiting until there’s a big game in Reno with a lot at stake, and then only allow tickets to be bought in person at the Nevada ticket office. Suddenly Boise fans have to think about any friends they might have in Reno to go score them some. But then they soon realize they don’t have any friends in Reno. 😂👍

kat.jpg

On 6/28/2019 at 1:15 PM, nvspuds said:

Gonzaga had zero interest in joining the MW..They were using the conference as leverage to blackmail the WCC into giving them more money and and selective conference scheduling..Wichita State had interest but I am not sure they were ever going to get enough revenue to make it work since they have no football.  In addition, they are too far away for non revenue MW olympic sports to justify the more expensive and time consuming travel.

BYU is the only add on that ever made any sense and they are interested.

I love it when people have no clue about a topic and make statements like they are facts. 

Mark Few wanted out of the wcc and into the mw. He got shut down by admin. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

What makes you think you have a clue? ..I do have some inside info on this..But thanks for the gratuitous rip..

Had you actually read what I had posted you would clearly see that I said Gonzaga.  I never even mentioned Few.

You have appointed yourself as some sort of message board monitor because I find it quite unlikely anyone one would have voted you into the job..

16 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

What makes you think you have a clue? ..I do have some inside info on this..But thanks for the gratuitous rip..

Had you actually read what I had posted you would clearly see that I said Gonzaga.  I never even mentioned Few.

You have appointed yourself as some sort of message board monitor because I find it quite unlikely anyone one would have voted you into the job..

Few wanted out. Admin said no and grabbed some money. You saying the whole thing was Gonzaga using the mw to get more money is just plain false. There was a serious push by many at Gonzaga led by Few to move to the mw. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

7 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Few wanted out. Admin said no and grabbed some money. You saying the whole thing was Gonzaga using the mw to get more money is just plain false. There was a serious push by many at Gonzaga led by Few to move to the mw. 

Spin it any way you need to feel better but, once again, I never mentioned Few.   Serious push or not, Gonzaga proved to be unwilling to move.. They also got a very nice deal from the WCC.  I do have more info on this than you do..