Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

It’s time to boot Alabama from the Union

1 minute ago, smltwnrckr said:

One thing that California has is a huge income disparity. If I lived in San Francisco or the Peninsula, I'd be living in abject poverty. A couple hours away, I own a home. 

I'm sure there is a ratio or metric out there that measures incomes, property values, etc. like an affordability metric or something.

I was offered a job in Novato last year.  But when I penciled out the increase in salary against the rise in the cost of living and California taxes it turned into a pay cut. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Billings has lots of bums. Missoula too. And Butte might be one giant homeless shelter for all I know anymore. 

Never go into a bar in Butte on St Pattys day and make disparaging remarks about the Irish. I learned that lesson the hard way 

Just now, bornontheblue said:

Never go into a bar in Butte on St Pattys day and make disparaging remarks about the Irish. I learned that lesson the hard way 

You're lucky you're still alive and functioning. 

32 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I was offered a job in Novato last year.  But when I penciled out the increase in salary against the rise in the cost of living and California taxes it turned into a pay cut. 

I offered a job to an experienced auditor currently living in LA.  He was born and raised here and wanted to get back to Wyo  I prepared a spreadsheet converting cost of living along with salary comparisons between here and there.  His spendable income was increasing 25% but his wife wouldn't support the move because of the "cut in pay" he'd have to take. 

The World Needs More Cowboys!

2 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I offered a job to an experienced auditor currently living in LA.  He was born and raised here and wanted to get back to Wyo  I prepared a spreadsheet converting cost of living along with salary comparisons between here and there.  His spendable income was increasing 25% but his wife wouldn't support the move because of the "cut in pay" he'd have to take. 

You heard this from her?

He'd be moving to a shittier place, if her lifestyle in LA was something she enjoyed.  

Just now, Orange said:

You heard this from her?

He'd be moving to a shittier place, if her lifestyle in LA was something she enjoyed.  

Of course not.  I heard it from him.  Happy wife, happy life.

Just now, pokebball said:

Of course not.  I heard it from him.  Happy wife, happy life.

She probably didn't want to go to the exact opposite of her current lifestyle, I'd imagine.  Wyoming, regardless of the brochures from Jackson Hole and Yellowstone, is largely a meth-addled, gunsmoke shithole.

48 minutes ago, mugtang said:

A weekend tended weed crop in nearby Mendocino would easily make up the difference and more. 

14 minutes ago, Orange said:

She probably didn't want to go to the exact opposite of her current lifestyle, I'd imagine.  Wyoming, regardless of the brochures from Jackson Hole and Yellowstone, is largely a meth-addled, gunsmoke shithole.

According to this analysis, Oregon has a bigger overall drug problem than Wyoming does.  

https://wallethub.com/edu/drug-use-by-state/35150/

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

I did. But I've also found that certain leaves are good for that purpose too. When I was younger I used to go to the Bob Marshall Wilderness with nothing more than a machete, a .22 rifle, a tarp, and a few cans of beans, and then would spend 2 weeks wandering across it through the woods. So I got a lot of experience on finding out what worked for thet purpose and what didn't. 

Going walk about, fun especially naked with just your boots on. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Plenty of other things build character. That summer weather builds unnecessary waterfalls down scrotums.

Swamp ass is also an added benefit.

On 6/26/2019 at 9:40 PM, mugtang said:

Did you even read about what happened? You're relying on a single tweet from ???? to form your opinion? When I read your post, I knew there was no way it happened that way. This is America, not Columbia or Cuba. 

What REALLY happened is the pregnant girl "A" started a fight with another girl "B" over her husband. I believe B had been seeing or sleeping with her hubby. But B had no interest in fighting and was trying to get out of the situation. But girl A kept her from getting away while assaulting her, and girl B fired the shot in self defense. The cops questioned that B was in enough danger to justify using lethal force, so they charged her with manslaughter. But when a grand jury heard all the evidence, they decided that it was legitimate self defense and dropped the charges. 

You know, just some minor details. LOL 

kat.jpg

4 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Did you even read about what happened? You're relying on a single tweet from ???? to form your opinion? When I read your post, I knew there was no way it happened that way. This is America, not Columbia or Cuba. 

What REALLY happened is the pregnant girl "A" started a fight with another girl "B" over her husband. I believe B had been seeing or sleeping with her hubby. But B had no interest in fighting and was trying to get out of the situation. But girl A kept her from getting away while assaulting her, and girl B fired the shot in self defense. The cops questioned that B was in enough danger to justify using lethal force, so they charged her with manslaughter. But when a grand jury heard all the evidence, they decided that it was legitimate self defense and dropped the charges. 

You know, just some minor details. LOL 

Thanks for the details.  My reaction to the OP was similar, assuming there was more to the story.  Convington anyone?

9 hours ago, pokebball said:

Thanks for the details.  My reaction to the OP was similar, assuming there was more to the story.  Convington anyone?

No doubt. That seems to be happening around here lately. It’s always been going on with public figures that the most prevalent posters here dislike. The ends justify the means....it doesn’t matter if we’re fair because the person deserves everything thrown at him/her. That’s a scary habit to get into. Disgusting.

Hey, some right wingers that don’t reflect the majority of the GOP are trying to get rid of abortion, so let’s just thrash on AL and characterize the entire state as a bunch of brain dead people that do bizarre things. 

Boy, this thread got quiet suddenly. Crickets. 

kat.jpg

On 6/28/2019 at 5:48 PM, Nevada Convert said:

No doubt. That seems to be happening around here lately. It’s always been going on with public figures that the most prevalent posters here dislike. The ends justify the means....it doesn’t matter if we’re fair because the person deserves everything thrown at him/her. That’s a scary habit to get into. Disgusting.

Hey, some right wingers that don’t reflect the majority of the GOP are trying to get rid of abortion, so let’s just thrash on AL and characterize the entire state as a bunch of brain dead people that do bizarre things. 

Boy, this thread got quiet suddenly. Crickets. 

So you don’t do this?! Don’t you cherrypick articles to make random points in support of your positions? 

4 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

So you don’t do this?! Don’t you cherrypick articles to make random points in support of your positions? 

That’s not what we’re talking about. If you’re going to make a point with an article, at least read the damn thing and understand what it says. Real basic stuff.

kat.jpg

Hey look.  Common sense prevailed...

On 6/27/2019 at 5:24 PM, Orange said:

I'd stay as far from Wyoming as you, if I were you!

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

I'd stay as far from Wyoming as you, if I were you!

Have never made it up that way, but i have a great excuse in 2024.  September 21st NMSU plays at Wyoming.  Going to take a week off and enjoy that part of the country with a nice road trip.