Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleBlueGold

UNM - This is Terrible

Pretty sad state of affairs honestly. The biggest tragedy to me is them cutting the skiing teams. They had some great ski squads over the years. And I'm not a soccer guy at all but they had a great men's soccer team/tradition too. Does this leave just SJSU and SDSU as the only men's soccer programs left in MWC schools? 

Just now, Joe from WY said:

Pretty sad state of affairs honestly. The biggest tragedy to me is them cutting the skiing teams. They had some great ski squads over the years. And I'm not a soccer guy at all but they had a great men's soccer team/tradition too. Does this leave just SJSU and SDSU as the only men's soccer programs left in MWC schools? 

No.  There's also still UNLV and Air Force, both WAC affiliates.

Just now, jdgaucho said:

No.  There's also still UNLV and Air Force, both WAC affiliates.

Oh damn. That makes sense. Honestly I'm shocked that Fresno doesn't have a team. I know they did (and it was cut, along with wrestling way back when, which they smartly brought back because wrestling is huge in the Central Valley and there's a lot of talent) but it would make a lot of sense as a varsity sport at not just Fresno (for the same reasons Wrestling is a smart move there, lots of talent and lots of soccer supporters), but also other schools in the conference as well. 

1 hour ago, boisewitha-s said:

Every mw school should follow New Mexico. Great leadership decision. 

Boise should follow New Mexico's lead by going green.  Real football is played on green grass

albertson_stadium_sod_jarrett_mitchell.j

Albertson's Stadium looks better now, don't it?

2 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Boise should follow New Mexico's lead by going green.  Real football is played on green grass

The only green grass in the state of New Mexico is the UNM football field.  Too bad no one gets to see it.