Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lobo Amor

NCAA cracking whip on new Cali law.

16 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

California will bow down...

Why?

I suspect Alabama and the SEC schools will join them when the time comes.

The NCAA will be the home of the University of Idaho's and Weber states of the world as everyone else will leave.   The NCAA will fold or become irrelevant

On 6/24/2019 at 6:35 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Just another abortion from the state that acts like they’re a 3rd world country. 

Trump could really troll the left wingers that run CA and start encouraging CA to secede from the US.

In a Trump voice: “It would save us soooo much money let me tell you. After a few years on their own, they’d be on their knees wanting to come home to daddy.” 😂😂😂😂

Come on convert... trump is your idol, and can’t even mimic him correctly... “believe me”! 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

22 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Come on convert... trump is your idol, and can’t even mimic him correctly... “believe me”! 

Idol? Right. What do you want me to say?

“Been to every state probably 100’s of times and I’ve never seen a state being run this badly!!! Gavin Newsom is a terrible person and an even worse governor. Melania could do much better job than GN. When will they listen? No one knows CA better than I do. No one!!! Reagan once told me that I remind him of himself. Great honor!! That’s something they’ll never report on Fake News CNN!!!!!”

kat.jpg

Suppose the Cali schools have to band together for one big Cali classification, how would this impact the western conferences in general?  The WCC, Big Sky, WAC, MWC, and Pac-12 would be impacted.  I think a North and South split would be done for football:

Northern Conference

Washington

Washington State

Oregon

Oregon State

Boise State

Utah

Utah State

Wyoming

Colorado State

Colorado 

Southern Conference:

Hawaii

Nevada

UNLV

Arizona State

Arizona

Air Force

New Mexico

New Mexico State

UTEP

For all sports:

Northwestern

Washington

Washington State

Gonzaga

Oregon

Oregon State

Boise State

Utah

BYU

Utah State

Southwestern

Nevada

UNLV

Arizona

Arizona State

NMSU

UNM

UTEP

Wyoming

Colorado State

Colorado

Big Sky

EWU

Seattle

Portland

Portland State

Idaho

Idaho State

Montana

Montana State

WAC

Weber State

Utah Valley State

Dixie State

Southern Utah

Northern Colorado

Denver

Air Force

Northern Arizona

Grand Canyon

Big Sky Football would contain all BS and WAC teams except AFA in football.

21 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Why?

The NCAA will be the home of the University of Idaho's and Weber states of the world as everyone else will leave.   The NCAA will fold or become irrelevant

I hope the NCAA either goes away or this law initiates major reform.  The NCAA is worthless in its current form.

On 6/25/2019 at 5:41 PM, soupslam1 said:

Regarding the op I have no problem with players getting paid for use of their name in video games, posters, and the like where others profit. The only issue would be where does it stop? If your name is hyped on TV should you get paid, because advertisers are making money off your name from the telecast? 

I know Blue Rules and many others feel the players should get paid for playing. I won’t argue that point, but I believe it would be the death of college football as we know it. 

It will be interesting to see where this goes. Does the NCAA have the right to regulate all aspects of their agreement with member institutions? Will the SCOTUS end up deciding this? 

Every Wednesday on the local ESPN radio, a local lawyer, (and was a state rep for 1 term) is on the show. he said what the cali bill is actually saying is that the players names and likenesses cannot be used without compensation. Paying players could follow in some way, but at least the NCAA couldn't make money off from their likeness. I'll see if I can find the link, it was at the beginning of the second hour, it was kind of a fun segment. which also addressed :

On 6/25/2019 at 6:19 PM, Bulldog Rob said:

California contributes more to the federal government than it get back.  You're an idiot. 

in the above mentioned segment they also talked about california being the 5th largest economy in the world. they could secede and almost be self supporting, and a big part of the food for the country is grown there.

but what I found most entertaining was when they said that Cali and the Pac 12 should get their states together and form an alliance of some sort with the other western conferences to form their own governing body and ditch the NCAA. The eastern half of the country can't seem to stay up to watch the games in the west anyway, lol. It isn't going to happen, but it was a fun conversation.

I could see a lot of the elite schools wanting to ditch the NCAA and forming their own leagues and governing body. Paying the players would be part of the deal. The only limiting factor would be the school presidents. I can see a lot of presidents nixing the idea.

If anything I think the presidents would like to go back to no scholarships and club football more or less. The presidents are sick of paying coaches way more than they make, getting black eyes from rogue athletes and coaches, and students having to pay athletic fees.  The ones that would be screaming the loudest would be the boosters. Especially in the SEC. 

I would have no problem with the presidents if they went back to no scholarships. The NCAA and college athletics in general reek of corruption with the elite schools getting away with violations and the NCAA giving them a slap on the wrist. Let the pros fund their own minor leagues. 

Im not sure where the Cali thing is going, but it wouldn’t bother me in the least if they blew up the current system. 

Umm, so what’s different?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

On 6/25/2019 at 6:19 PM, Bulldog Rob said:

California contributes more to the federal government than it get back.  You're an idiot. 

Nothing could be more stupid.

How many nuclear weapons were exploded in California?

How many nuclear silos do you have.

How many nuclear storage facilities do you have in california for high level waste?

Not to mention the interstates, railroads, electrical distribution networks are all california welfare.   

That doesn't count that California may not have a nuclear storage facility but they get all the federal jobs on the west coast.  They get all the big military bases as long as they employ a lot of people.  They even get the headquarters staff for functions like the Top Gun training, Bombing ranges in Nevada, the test site in Nevada, the INEL in Idaho, Sandia in New Mexico and many other federal functions California wants no part of but they get all the high paying jobs.

No one gets more welfare than california and it isn't even close.

9 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Suppose the Cali schools have to band together for one big Cali classification, how would this impact the western conferences in general?  The WCC, Big Sky, WAC, MWC, and Pac-12 would be impacted.  I think a North and South split would be done for football:

Northern Conference

Washington

Washington State

Oregon

Oregon State

Boise State

Utah

Utah State

Wyoming

Colorado State

Colorado 

Southern Conference:

Hawaii

Nevada

UNLV

Arizona State

Arizona

Air Force

New Mexico

New Mexico State

UTEP

For all sports:

Northwestern

Washington

Washington State

Gonzaga

Oregon

Oregon State

Boise State

Utah

BYU

Utah State

Southwestern

Nevada

UNLV

Arizona

Arizona State

NMSU

UNM

UTEP

Wyoming

Colorado State

Colorado

Big Sky

EWU

Seattle

Portland

Portland State

Idaho

Idaho State

Montana

Montana State

WAC

Weber State

Utah Valley State

Dixie State

Southern Utah

Northern Colorado

Denver

Air Force

Northern Arizona

Grand Canyon

Big Sky Football would contain all BS and WAC teams except AFA in football.

You forgot SJSU in the Big West.

kat.jpg

On 6/25/2019 at 3:35 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Yes, it would dissolve into a third world country. Just watch CA implode when all fed gov funding in all areas is cut off. CA would eventually collapse. Even with fed assistance you have out of control homeless populations with used needles, piss and shit all over the streets. That easily meets 3rd world country specs in that area right now. Meanwhile, that bat shit crazy gov newsom wants to spend $100 mil on illegal alien full healthcare. The level of stupid just about takes your breath away. And they think their high speed rail is going to happen. Delusional. Governor Knew-some doesn’t seem to know anything but disaster. 

Jesus, you’re a fcking moron. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

1 hour ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Jesus, you’re a fcking moron. 

The federal government gives CA nearly 400 billion per year. Their taxes paid to the gov are a bit less. But that money has to go to certain things the government wanted. If it were taking in taxes for itself, they could spend it on whatever they want such $100 mil per year on healthcare for illegals. That cuts other things that are needed in CA. CA would mismanage themselves into oblivion. 

Oh yeah, STFU you half-trick pony.

kat.jpg

49 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

The federal government gives CA nearly 400 billion per year. Their taxes paid to the gov are a bit less. But that money has to go to certain things the government wanted. If it were taking in taxes for itself, they could spend it on whatever they want such $100 mil per year on healthcare for illegals. That cuts other things that are needed in CA. CA would mismanage themselves into oblivion. 

Oh yeah, STFU you half-trick pony.

You drop random facts (good), but then just trip over yourself into straight stupidity at the end. Your Dad did a shitty job of beating the dumb out you. 

28 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

You drop random facts (good), but then just trip over yourself into straight stupidity at the end. Your Dad did a shitty job of beating the dumb out you. 

Why would you be stupid enough to read my posts that mess with your head so much? Stop being such a little drama queen and ignore my posts. I admit my posts are rated NC-17 and therefore you should not be reading them. We want you to grow up and not experience any mental trauma as a kid. That stuff will haunt you as an adult.

kat.jpg

22 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Idol? Right. What do you want me to say?

“Been to every state probably 100’s of times and I’ve never seen a state being run this badly!!! Gavin Newsom is a terrible person and an even worse governor. Melania could do much better job than GN. When will they listen? No one knows CA better than I do. No one!!! Reagan once told me that I remind him of himself. Great honor!! That’s something they’ll never report on Fake News CNN!!!!!”

CNN? No one watches that shit show anymore. They can’t decide if they’re left/right/center.... believe me!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

Why would you be stupid enough to read my posts that mess with your head so much? Stop being such a little drama queen and ignore my posts. I admit my posts are rated NC-17 and therefore you should not be reading them. We want you to grow up and not experience any mental trauma as a kid. That stuff will haunt you as an adult.

Messing with my head? More like shaking my head at you and feeling sorry for the poor broad who gave you birth. 

On 6/25/2019 at 8:40 PM, bluerules009 said:

Why?

The Big Test might be the B1G who claims they are out and will go back to non-scholarship if they have to pay players.