Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MWC Tex

Does Boise St dump the MW (Again) for the AAC?

17 hours ago, Tulsa Guy said:

BSU is an outstanding football program.  But BSU has a built in advantage over AAC schools in that MWC has quite a few teams that are not competitive and make it a lot easier to reach 10 wins annually.

Let's take a look at the numbers.  

It should be noted that Navy did not join the AAC until 2015, so the win total for the 2014 league year is skewed.  

1.thumb.PNG.e3b3ba856e4dfd6775e67b1c28c0be5d.PNG

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

18 hours ago, Tulsa Guy said:

BSU is an outstanding football program.  But BSU has a built in advantage over AAC schools in that MWC has quite a few teams that are not competitive and make it a lot easier to reach 10 wins annually.

giphy-38.gif

3 hours ago, Tulsa Guy said:

MWC TV contract versus AAC TV contract?

Re-read the post right above this one.

So, AAC schools make more money than MWC schools, and therefore many AAC West schools suck and have lousy attendance.

God knows how bad you'd be with P5 money at your disposal.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level

18 hours ago, Tulsa Guy said:

UCF is an occasionally outstanding football program.  But UCF has a built in advantage over everybody in that the AAC has quite a few teams that are not competitive and make it a lot easier to reach 10 wins annually.

Fify

18 hours ago, Rebels2k3 said:

I have nothing to say regarding UNLV to the AAC but I love how they say UNLV basketball is turning around under their new coach, when he hasn't even coached a game.  That is some nice spin.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:05 AM, Tulsa Guy said:

At some point, geography matters.  Why travel these long distances to play a late west coast game that has low TV ratings and, in late Fall, play it in the cold and snow?  No front range school will move the needle.

Boise, ID to Dallas, TX:  1,580 miles

Boise, ID to Memphis, TN:  1849 miles

Boise, ID to Cincinnati, OH:  1,946 miles

Boise, ID to Philadelphia, PA:  2,437 miles

Boise, ID to Orlando, FL;  2,636 miles

Lincoln, NE to College Park, MD:  1,204 miles

Tallahassee, FL to Syracuse, NY:  1,232 miles

Lincoln NE to New Brunswick, NJ:  1,289 miles

Seattle, WA to Boulder, CO:  1,300 miles

Miami, FL to Syracuse, NY:  1,418 miles

Look, I understand what you're trying to say, but to me this argument never makes sense.  The AAC is now so rich with their new TV deal they can afford to charter flights for all sports - who really gives a sh!t whether you spend 3 hours or 4 hours on a plane?  Institution type (public vs private), academic and cultural issues are much more important than geography in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Broncos4Ever said:

Lincoln, NE to College Park, MD:  1,204 miles

Tallahassee, FL to Syracuse, NY:  1,232 miles

Lincoln NE to New Brunswick, NJ:  1,289 miles

Seattle, WA to Boulder, CO:  1,300 miles

Miami, FL to Syracuse, NY:  1,418 miles

Look, I understand what you're trying to say, but to me this argument never makes sense.  The AAC is now so rich with their new TV deal they can afford to charter flights for all sports - who really gives a sh!t whether you spend 3 hours or 4 hours on a plane?  Institution type (public vs private), academic and cultural issues are much more important than geography in my opinion.

I highly doubt any G5 school charters flights for all sports.  This isn't P5 money.  AAC and all the rest of the G5s still make peanuts compared to the P5.  I'm not sure if most P5s even charter flights for all of their sports.  

On 6/26/2019 at 6:53 PM, RSF said:

So, AAC schools make more money than MWC schools, and therefore many AAC West schools suck and have lousy attendance.

God knows how bad you'd be with P5 money at your disposal.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Dear Hare,

God did have mercy on my Tulsa soul.  God sent the devil to tell BSU "Go for the $1.8M cash grab."

Sincerely,

Tortoise

6 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

I highly doubt any G5 school charters flights for all sports.  This isn't P5 money.  AAC and all the rest of the G5s still make peanuts compared to the P5.  I'm not sure if most P5s even charter flights for all of their sports.  

The connecting airline flights are very good for the AAC/Western teams.

On 6/22/2019 at 8:34 PM, Jalapeno said:

BSU shouldn't do this until their research funding is on par with all the Big 12 schools at a minimum.  Right now BSU isn't there yet...not even at WVU or OSU's level.  Another issue that fans normally do not think about is how much it's going to cost future BSU students as in higher tuition given its increased prestige.  CU's costs for undergraduate students really went up after the move to the Pac-12.  Those are the reasons why athletic directors do not make those final decisions and requires the consent of elected regent members.

BYU would be a good Indy partner for football.  I'd go Indy than join the AAC if I was BSU.

Boise would never go Indy unless the ESPN contract was big, and they had a reasonably good path created for them to get to the NY6 like BYU doesn’t. 

kat.jpg

To the op: No.

I don't think the travel thing is a big issue because it would be football only and there's not much difference between flying two hours and four hours once a week and the cost difference is negligible.  That said, they have a good thing going for them in the MW, a move to the AAC would put them in the middle of the pack without special treatment.  With the boost in exposure they should be able to improve their recruiting and become competitive, but they have a clear path to the conference championship game just about every year where they're at.  

This is all moot because while they were a good target 6-7 years ago the times have changed and they are not likely on the radar at all now.

10 hours ago, Tulsa Guy said:

Dear Hare,

God did have mercy on my Tulsa soul.  God sent the devil to tell BSU "Go for the $1.8M cash grab."

Sincerely,

Tortoise

It's hilarious how proud you are being somebody's fallback option. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

39 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Tulsa wasnt even sloppy seconds.  More like trashy thirds.

5 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Dear Hare,

I am very proud for Tulsa to be in AAC.  I am very proud to be with the Texas Schools.  I am very proud of being with SMU, Tulane, and Navy.  I am very proud that our brother university, Wichita State, has rejoined TU in the same conference.   I am very proud of Tulsa University administration for making all the right decisions and made sure they accurately knew which way the wind was blowing and set their sails accordingly.

I am very proud that the AAC Presidents had many, many fine schools to choose from but they chose Tulsa.

Most of all, I am proud of the citizens of Tulsa who, thru their dedication and charitable giving, built a fine academic university and did so without any state tax support.

There is no school in USA that has accomplished so much with so limited resources in comparison to many other universities who had all the advantages in the world but squandered them.  It is a story of perseverance versus arrogance.

Regards,

Tortoise

29 minutes ago, Tulsa Guy said:

Dear Hare,

I am very proud for Tulsa to be in AAC.  I am very proud to be with the Texas Schools.  I am very proud of being with SMU, Tulane, and Navy.  I am very proud that our brother university, Wichita State, has rejoined TU in the same conference.   I am very proud of Tulsa University administration for making all the right decisions and made sure they accurately knew which way the wind was blowing and set their sails accordingly.

I am very proud that the AAC Presidents had many, many fine schools to choose from but they chose Tulsa.

Most of all, I am proud of the citizens of Tulsa who, thru their dedication and charitable giving, built a fine academic university and did so without any state tax support.

There is no school in USA that has accomplished so much with so limited resources in comparison to many other universities who had all the advantages in the world but squandered them.  It is a story of perseverance versus arrogance.

Regards,

Tortoise

Dear Tortoise,

Power conferences don't lose members, especially flagships, to non-football conferences.  And does Tulsa really count their two NIT titles as national championships?  To each, their own.

Regards, 

Hare