Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orange

"Running From Cops" Podcast

I lock horns with almost everyone on this board, but it seems even the right-wing extremists here are very concerned about overpolicing, and police brutality.

I highly recommend the "Running From Cops" podcast found here.

It's an engrossing insight into how COPS the reality series changed our attitude toward, police, ruined the lives of many who were on the show as suspects, how it facilitated planting evidence in at LEAST one instance, and how it changed policing forever by creating a generation of fanboys who wanted to be the wrong kind of cop.

18 minutes ago, Orange said:

I lock horns with almost everyone on this board, but it seems even the right-wing extremists here are very concerned about overpolicing, and police brutality.

I highly recommend the "Running From Cops" podcast found here.

It's an engrossing insight into how COPS the reality series changed our attitude toward, police, ruined the lives of many who were on the show as suspects, how it facilitated planting evidence in at LEAST one instance, and how it changed policing forever by creating a generation of fanboys who wanted to be the wrong kind of cop.

The problem is the right kind of people don’t want to be cops because the job sucks. Who in their right mind want to deal with assholes like you on a daily basis? 

52 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

The problem is the right kind of people don’t want to be cops because the job sucks. Who in their right mind want to deal with assholes like you on a daily basis? 

The pay and benefits are pretty damn good most places.

2 hours ago, Orange said:

It's an engrossing insight into how COPS the reality series changed our attitude toward, police, ruined the lives of many who were on the show as suspects...

Okay I just binged 3 episodes - got hooked after realizing most of it is dealing with folks where I live.

Had to look up the "David" in the second and third episodes.  The BMX riding dude who was the first in the city to be given Narcan.  The show says he served 6 years in prison for minor drug crimes...but leaves the fact out that he is a 15 time felon with convictions for child rape, theft, etc. in addition to the drug crimes.  So that's the reason he's in prison.

Just saying you should take everything with a grain of salt. Not that the podcast doesn't have any truth - but they are projecting their narrative in the same way Cops is.

23 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Okay I just binged 3 episodes - got hooked after realizing most of it is dealing with folks where I live.

Had to look up the "David" in the second and third episodes.  The BMX riding dude who was the first in the city to be given Narcan.  The show says he served 6 years in prison for minor drug crimes...but leaves the fact out that he is a 15 time felon with convictions for child rape, theft, etc. in addition to the drug crimes.  So that's the reason he's in prison.

Just saying you should take everything with a grain of salt. Not that the podcast doesn't have any truth - but they are projecting their narrative in the same way Cops is.

You badly need to watch episodes 4, 5, and 6, and get to the part where a cop planted cocaine evidence on a teenager, who ended up spending 90 days in jail before his charges were dismissed.

Your anecdote about David misses the point of the podcast entirely.

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

They never deal with me, but given your stalking obsession, I'm sure you're a frequent flier.