Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Seriously, police reform needs to happen right f'ing now

37 minutes ago, AztecMD said:

I said in the comments above that I live in Phoenix and heard “high speed chase” on the radio.  

So no link, there was no high speed chase, you heard wrong. 

Also not sure how you drop a friend with a warrant off while in a high speed chase. 

Also not sure what having a suspended license has to do the the behavior of the officers. 

5 minutes ago, Bob said:

People should stop doing dumb stuff. People should not break the law. I have little sympathy for people that get beat up and shot by cops when they commit a crime. Prison reform? lol. This concept blows my mind, too. Don't break the law and you won't have anything to worry about.

You sound like one of those Russian Troll Bots.  You can't truly be this fucking stupid.

1 hour ago, AztecMD said:

https://ktar.com/story/2615470/phoenix-police-end-silence-over-controversial-doll-shoplifting-case/

I live in Phoenix and heard the high speed chase comment on the radio.  

Things you didnt read read in the first story:

adults stole underwear from the store

They left the scene when officer approached the car

there was a passenger in the car with a warrant that they dropped off after evading arrest in the dollar store parking lot 

the driver had his license suspended for DUI

The police were aggressive but seems like there’s more to the story as always seems to be the case.  

Right, because after cops pursue a suspect during a high-speed chase, a Lieutenant always shows up afterward to tell officers to uncuff the "suspects", let them out of the squad car, drop charges, and let them go.

5 hours ago, AztecMD said:

https://ktar.com/story/2615470/phoenix-police-end-silence-over-controversial-doll-shoplifting-case/

I live in Phoenix and heard the high speed chase comment on the radio.  

Things you didnt read read in the first story:

adults stole underwear from the store

They left the scene when officer approached the car

there was a passenger in the car with a warrant that they dropped off after evading arrest in the dollar store parking lot 

the driver had his license suspended for DUI

The police were aggressive but seems like there’s more to the story as always seems to be the case.  

Still what threat did they pose?  That deserved them having guns pointed at them?

If everything you say is true, they still posed no threat to cops.

2 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Still what threat did they pose?  That deserved them having guns pointed at them?

If everything you say is true, they still posed no threat to cops.

As noted above, we aren’t talking about America’s best and brightest. They get the ex teachers who can’t hack the class room. 

1 minute ago, AztecMD said:

You're literally adding irrelevant shit to the discussion.

13 hours ago, AztecMD said:

The parents stole from the dollar store and this footages was after 2 attempts to arrest them including a high speed chase. .  Just a couple of details missing from the story.  Lots of force on the part of the cops but as always more details will come out. 

A high speed chase over shoplifting? From the dollar tree no less. What was the cost of the doll $1

1 minute ago, rudolro said:

A high speed chase over shoplifting? From the dollar tree no less. What was the cost of the doll $1

Same crap happens over a minor traffic ticket.

110926run_defense710.jpg

1 hour ago, AztecMD said:

Did the cops know that?   Was the guy still to be kicked after he had given up?

It is fools like you who would give up all our freedom and knuckle under to any cop with a shoe size IQ that are the most dangerous to this country.

8 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Did the cops know that?   Was the guy still to be kicked after he had given up?

It is fools like you who would give up all our freedom and knuckle under to any cop with a shoe size IQ that are the most dangerous to this country.

Give up our freedom? What the hell are you talking about? Did the cop make the guy shoplift and evade arrest? Once you do that, you open yourself up to a whole bunch of things as the cop doesn’t have any idea why you are  running.  You act like the cops sought this guy out and he has no responsibility for his behavior whatsoever.  

Guest #1Stunner

Besides regular training of what is, and what is not appropriate, they just need to have body cameras on every police officer.

8 minutes ago, AztecMD said:

Give up our freedom? What the hell are you talking about? Did the cop make the guy shoplift and evade arrest? Once you do that, you open yourself up to a whole bunch of things as the cop doesn’t have any idea why you are  running.  You act like the cops sought this guy out and he has no responsibility for his behavior whatsoever.  

Good point.  I'm telling my little girl if she ever walks out with a $2 Barbie the cops might pull guns and/or beat the crap out of her daddy.  Makes perfect sense.

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Besides regular training of what is, and what is not appropriate, they just need to have body cameras on every police officer.

This will go a long way in improving relations.  No more he said she said.  And give public access as much as possible when things go bad.  

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, alum93 said:

This will go a long way in improving relations.  No more he said she said.  And give public access as much as possible when things go bad.  

I agree.

I don't think there needs to be some sort huge "reform".

Just regular training, and police body cameras.  If the Police can afford to buy a gun for every officer, they can afford cameras.   Then prosecute bad cops, and use the video evidence.

7 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I think they need to pass a law so that all body camera videos aren't subject to FOI requests.  They should be accessible to all of those who are on the tapes if they want a copy and for police to use - but I don't think it should be allowed for people to ask for every minute of bodycam footage and then post everything on youtube.  There are some serious privacy issues with that and adds a ton of cost to jurisdictions to have someone redact things when necessary.