Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

MWC board Demographics poll

MWC Demographics  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What is your biological gender?

• Male
    • Female
  2. 2. What race would you classify yourself as?

• White
    • Black
    • Native American
    • Asian
    • Hispanic or Latino
    • Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific islander
    • Other
  3. 3. What is your age?

• 18 or younger
    • 19-34
    • 35-49
    • 50-64
    • 65+
  4. 4. Education Level ( choose highest level )

• No HS Diploma
    • HS Diploma
    • Some college ( no degree )
    • Associates degree
    • Trade school degree
    • BA/BS degree
    • Some grad school ( no degree )
    • Masters Degree
    • Doctorate Degree
  5. 5. Which state do you live in?

• California
    • Nevada
    • Utah
    • New Mexico
    • Colorado
    • Wyoming
    • Idaho
    • Hawaii
    • Other

There was some discussion on another thread as to the demographics on this board, so I thought a poll would be in order.

I have chosen not to make names public so more people can participate and keep facts about themselves semi-private ( I would imagine Mug could look if he chose to ).

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

First question should read sex not gender as gender is a social construct.

Check your +++++ing privilege.

To the gulag for re-education

110926run_defense710.jpg

I’m transracial like Rachel Doziel. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

22 minutes ago, Mano said:

There was some discussion on another thread as to the demographics on this board, so I thought a poll would be in order.

I have chosen not to make names public so more people can participate and keep facts about themselves semi-private ( I would imagine Mug could look if he chose to ).

Also, you as the creator of the poll can see who votes. 

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Also, you as the creator of the poll can see who votes. 

Can you remove this mug? I have no interest in looking at individual responses, but I think the overall result would be interesting. 

Edit: just looked, it doesn't appear that I can see who responded how, unless different than how you normally do it in public polls.

I'm a desperate man
The shit has hit the fan

4 minutes ago, Mano said:

Can you remove this mug? I have no interest in looking at individual responses, but I think the overall result would be interesting. 

You can choose not to look.  I think most people here know and respect you enough to not feel violated if you know some basic info about them.  Just dont look though. 

18 minutes ago, Mano said:

Edit: just looked, it doesn't appear that I can see who responded how, unless different than how you normally do it in public polls.

11 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You can choose not to look.  I think most people here know and respect you enough to not feel violated if you know some basic info about them.  Just dont look though. 

I just signed in as Mano (sorry, but I didn’t make any changes or anything) to check to see if he could see the votes, he could not the way it’s currently setup.  If he edited the poll to make the votes public he could see the results as could everybody else.  

For the record I can see who votes even if it’s set to private. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Personally, I think the questions are nothing burger.  Anybody who has concerns about personal information being leaked needs to have their tin foil hat adjusted. Heck, some of the questions are answered in my profile, others you would have a greater than 90 percent probability of guessing correctly.

110926run_defense710.jpg

54 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I just signed in as Mano (sorry, but I didn’t make any changes or anything) to check to see if he could see the votes, he could not the way it’s currently setup.  If he edited the poll to make the votes public he could see the results as could everybody else.  

For the record I can see who votes even if it’s set to private. 

I think you have earned people’s trust Mug though I would agree for those of us who have been around not to much surprising in the questions.  

So far, my thoughts on the poll:

I knew that the vast majority were male, but didn't think percentage was quite this high.

A little older than I thought it would be.

Education levels seem to fall in line around where I thought they would.

A third of the people here live outside the MWC footprint.

I am guessing Wyoming is underrepresented in the poll because folks from Wyoming tend to be more wary of polls and such.

I'm a desperate man
The shit has hit the fan

4 minutes ago, Mano said:

So far, my thoughts on the poll:

I knew that the vast majority were male, but didn't think percentage was quite this high.

A little older than I thought it would be.

Education levels seem to fall in line around where I thought they would.

A third of the people here live outside the MWC footprint.

I am guessing Wyoming is underrepresented in the poll because folks from Wyoming tend to be more wary of polls and such.

I know for a fact there are 3 women who haven’t voted in the poll who are regular posters on the board. Obviously that won’t change it THAT much but it would make it a 89/11 split which is inline with my expectations.  I also wonder if the demographics would be any different if posted on the sports forum as there’s many that don’t venture over to the OT Forum. 

13 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

homer simpson smoking GIF

More graduate degrees than I would have expected.

I wasn't too surprised. Posters on this board overall seem to be well educated and definitely above avg intelligence. That's why many of the discussions are pretty interesting to read rather than pissing matches you find in most areas of the internet.