Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Anybody Looking for a Job?

13 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

https://chroniclevitae.com/jobs/122755-I5jzzKnxlIez

Bachelor's degree preferred.

Need to pass a criminal background check (sorry @TheTedfordTrain)

map-san-jose-state-university-event-cent

Yeah, no thanks. Probably pays under six figures in an area where it’s $3k/month to rent a shit hole apartment. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

26 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

https://chroniclevitae.com/jobs/122755-I5jzzKnxlIez

Bachelor's degree preferred.

Need to pass a criminal background check (sorry @TheTedfordTrain)

map-san-jose-state-university-event-cent

I've never coached basketball before, but I've played some and watched a lot. I should be an ideal candidate. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Probably pays under six figures in an area where it’s $3k/month to rent a shit hole apartment. 

I found this when trying to find out what SJSU's head coach gets paid.  Boise State's Women's coach Gordy Presnell is getting a raise to $300k.  I think that is in the same ballpark as mens coach Jean Prioleau at San Jose - but can find what his salary actually is...

22 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I found this when trying to find out what SJSU's head coach gets paid.  Boise State's Women's coach Gordy Presnell is getting a raise to $300k.  I think that is in the same ballpark as mens coach Jean Prioleau at San Jose - but can find what his salary actually is...

California makes it really easy. Your women’s coach gets paid more  

https://transparentcalifornia.com/salaries/2018/california-state-university/jean-prioleau/

39 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

You sound like a lot of the parents of the kids I coach...lol

Ha. I literally watched a coach introduce himself to parents and talk about his high school career for 20 minutes while standing next to an assistant coach — who played in the NFL for 8. And HC didn’t mention that to the parents not once. I kid you not. 

Btw, NFL dad? Not a word other than encouragement to the kids. HC? Screaming and chastising 11 year olds. 😂

6 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Ha. I literally watched a coach introduce himself to parents and talk about his high school career for 20 minutes while standing next to an assistant coach — who played in the NFL for 8. And HC didn’t mention that to the parents not once. I kid you not. 

Btw, NFL dad? Not a word other than encouragement to the kids. HC? Screaming and chastising 11 year olds. 😂

Dear God...  Unfortunately they are out there... everywhere.  

It's my understanding that the last few assistant coaches there were homeless. With another one, they let him live in a motorhome in a parking lot. 

Since they just upped min. wage in San Jose to $15/hr, at least you know it won't be less than $31,200. Damn, I remember in 1988 the entry level salary for business majors in southern CA was the low 20's and engineering higher 20's. I made $15/hr as an engineering summer intern in 1996, and then I took the job there at only $16/hr at summers end. Damn, if I knew I was making in the low seventies an hour in the future, I would've thought that I was rich.  

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

It's my understanding that the last few assistant coaches there were homeless. With another one, they let him live in a motorhome in a parking lot. 

Since they just upped min. wage in San Jose to $15/hr, at least you know it won't be less than $31,200. Damn, I remember in 1988 the entry level salary for business majors in southern CA was the low 20's and engineering higher 20's. I made $15/hr as an engineering summer intern in 1996, and then I took the job there at only $16/hr at summers end. Damn, if I knew I was making in the low seventies an hour in the future, I would've thought that I was rich.  

Shut up, Convert. No one wants to hear your life story. 

8 hours ago, madmartigan said:

I've never coached basketball before, but I've played some and watched a lot. I should be an ideal candidate. 

It’s also really possible that some candidates will be scared away by the intimidating 5 fat Spartans on the court surface.....but they’re so 3D real !!!

kat.jpg

On 6/17/2019 at 9:24 PM, Nevada Convert said:

It’s also really possible that some candidates will be scared away by the intimidating 5 fat Spartans on the court surface.....

I thought those were five turds.

Or is that the same thing?

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 6/17/2019 at 12:26 PM, madmartigan said:

On 6/17/2019 at 7:25 PM, Headbutt said:

I'll think about it, but only if they get those quail with the saucers off of the floor.

On 6/17/2019 at 9:21 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I’ll take it but I’m only available for the summer

The SJSU athletics department would like to thank each and everyone of you for your interest in the position. Your resumes highlighted impressive skills and accomplishments. A decision has been made. We thank you for your interest. 

https://sjsuspartans.com/news/2019/6/17/tim-marrion-returns-to-sjsu-mens-basketball-as-assistant-coach.aspx

On 6/17/2019 at 2:14 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

On 6/17/2019 at 2:31 PM, TheTedfordTrain said:

California makes it really easy. Your women’s coach gets paid more  

https://transparentcalifornia.com/salaries/2018/california-state-university/jean-prioleau/

He's done terrible job. His style is futile. The women's team has won more games. Their coach should be compensated more.