Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoState99755

New CSU Homecoming/150th Anniversary f'ball helmet

Today's @CSUFootball post on Instagram, leads me to believe we'll be releasing a new alternate helmet & most likely unis soon.

Personally, I don't think a 3-9 team deserves cool new gear, but I'm guessing it's all part of the UA contract.  I figure they won't hurt recruiting, if they're cool looking...

Cueing wyo fan with:  "we're blue collar, we don't need no stinking fancy alternative uniforms" comments.  3...2...1...

1 hour ago, GoState99755 said:

Today's @CSUFootball post on Instagram, leads me to believe we'll be releasing a new alternate helmet & most likely unis soon.

Personally, I don't think a 3-9 team deserves cool new gear, but I'm guessing it's all part of the UA contract.  I figure they won't hurt recruiting, if they're cool looking...

Cueing wyo fan with:  "we're blue color, we don't need no stinking fancy uniforms" comments.  3...2...1...

Well, gotta get morale up, it’s a new season. Those snail helmets last year were just awful looking, so it’ll probably be an improvement. Maybe you guys should just go with the orange full time and tell recruits you’re the Denver Broncos minor league club.

Oh no!!! That example helmet doesn’t have the normal ram horns on it. They’re going to put that terrible round “frozen by the headlights & about to get hit by a car” front view ram look on both sides of the helmet. You can take that one to the bank....and weep. 😳😳😳

kat.jpg

5 hours ago, 307dude said:

Huh?

Yeah, took me a minute too.  If you only proof read one thing in your message, make sure it's the smack section.

Gannett_2.jpg.404db0bd7deb615b1ec5699694fae130.jpg

UA needs to re-do CSUs non alternative uniforms.  I think a good green with Colorado State on the front of the jersey would be good and I liked their 1973-1981 helmets the best.  Do away with skeletal Ram looking helmets.  I think I liked the yellow better than Vegas Gold too.

I like the Colorado State flag alternative unis.  Boulder has to be pissed they didn't think of that.  

6 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

UA needs to re-do CSUs non alternative uniforms.  I think a good green with Colorado State on the front of the Jersey and I liked their 1973-1981 helmets the best.  Do away with skeletal Ram looking helmets.  I think I liked the yellow better than Vegas Good too.

I like the Colorado State flag alternative unis.  Boulder has to be pissed they didn't think of that.  

I also think they should bring back yellow instead of the gold they've been using as well. 

17 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Cueing wyo fan with:  "we're blue collar, we don't need no stinking fancy uniforms" comments.  3...2...1...

You guys wear a different uniform like every game, don't you?  We did too under DC and while they all were kinda cool, we lost kinda lost our identity, in my opinion.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

2 hours ago, pokebball said:

You guys wear a different uniform like every game, don't you?  We did too under DC and while they all were kinda cool, we lost kinda lost our identity, in my opinion.

Turns out it’s just a homecoming helmet.

https://csurams.com/news/2019/6/17/football-homecoming-celebrated-with-a-new-helmet-design.aspx

0AAF77A6-3EBC-4353-ADC9-04FA34527FDE.jpeg

16 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

UA needs to re-do CSUs non alternative uniforms.  I think a good green with Colorado State on the front of the jersey would be good and I liked their 1973-1981 helmets the best.  Do away with skeletal Ram looking helmets.  I think I liked the yellow better than Vegas Gold too.

16 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

I also think they should bring back yellow insteadz of the gold they've been using as well. 

The only thing I’m sure of...I like the metallic gold better than the mustard yellow.

I’m still trying to figure out if I like the new green/white look.

2 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

The only thing I’m sure of...I like the metallic gold better than the mustard yellow.

I’m still trying to figure out if I like he new green/white look.

IDK, I'm not a fan of the metallic gold. The mustard yellow was great....it always goes well with green. Green and white is too bland, though, IMO. 

Also, I like those helmets. Pretty cool. Glad they're just alternates though. 

5 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

IDK, I'm not a fan of the metallic gold. The mustard yellow was great....it always goes well with green. Green and white is too bland, though, IMO. 

Also, I like those helmets. Pretty cool. Glad they're just alternates though. 

6EC8F7F3-C7CE-4CCF-9B70-80B0F2DBFBA5.jpeg

Didn’t y’all do a Gulden’s Mustard-esque f’ball jersey at one-pt in the last-20-yrs?  I liked it.  The gold hoops jersey about-the-same-time was better, but the brief Gulden’s f’ball gear was a good look.

26DC73B0-2316-4DFD-BD57-9E8FD2B8CE54.jpeg

Mustard yellow is just so ’70’s looking.  It reminds me of the 1990 Freedom Bowl uniform debacle.  Nobody wore white.  CSU was Mustard/Kelly & Oregon wore Kelly/Mustard.  What a mess.

¡GO STATE!

6 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Didn’t y’all do a Gulden’s Mustard-esque f’ball jersey at one-pt in the last-20-yrs?  I liked it.  The gold hoops jersey about-the-same-time was better, but the brief Gulden’s f’ball gear was a good look.

Mustard yellow is just so ’70’s looking.  It reminds me of the 1990 Freedom Bowl uniform debacle.  Nobody wore white.  CSU was Mustard/Kelly & Oregon wore Kelly/Mustard.  What a mess.

¡GO STATE!

The Rams unis in that pic are def shit (too much yellow), but those Oregon unis are still one of my top 5 favorite college uniforms ever, and honestly they may even be my favorite. The late 80s=early 90s was a gold mine of great college uniforms in general, but I always loved those.

The other ones in the top 5 are Montana's old  copper and gold unis (especially the colored top), Hawaii's old school "UH Rainbow" kelly green uniforms, Miami's 80s threads, and Wyo's uniforms from the same era. 

5 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

¡GO STATE!

That picture is pretty hard on the eyes. Can't imagine watching the entire game.

5923508649007_bestsuperbowlpicture.jpg.3d879e07e88f2c9ecd15a44ed82786a3.jpg

3 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

I do like the CSU logo but CSU's helmets should always have those bighorns on them...not the state flag or the CSU logo.  Just my two cents.

Be honest, you were mad that CSU/UA thought of the state flag unis first

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

I think they should have the double dong on the helmet

Image result for csu moby arena ram horns

CU probably wouldn't even play them because of the toxic masculinity associated with it.  You must appeal to their gentle sensibilities in Boulder.