Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Do You Ever Stop and ask Yourself Why?

3 minutes ago, And? said:

I think the problem is the boomers actually realize the tortuous, draconian work environment you just laid out is full of shit and a better fit for something without a brain. Get with the times. :D

There could be some truth to that, but trust me, the average IQ around the place has gone up about 10 points.

51 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I’m in that 8 year window that is between gen x and millennial.  I’m an Xennial.  

Haha. That's about where I"m at too. Though I think you're on the upper end of the spectrum and me, the lower end. Great description BTW, and I've been looking for one. Because I was born in 1988. I consider Millenials to have been born in 1990-1994 or so, and then Gen Z or whatever they're calling the latest one was after that. I don't consider myself a milennial, and even though everyone I hung out with growing up was in the Gen X age range, I'm too young to say I was in that group, so this is a perfect happy medium. 

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Haha. That's about where I"m at too. Though I think you're on the upper end of the spectrum and me, the lower end. Great description BTW, and I've been looking for one. Because I was born in 1988. I consider Millenials to have been born in 1990-1994 or so, and then Gen Z or whatever they're calling the latest one was after that. I don't consider myself a milennial, and even though everyone I hung out with growing up was in the Gen X age range, I'm too young to say I was in that group, so this is a perfect happy medium. 

Xennial’s are generally considered born between 1977 & 1985.  Were the Oregon trail generation.  Sorry Joe, you’re a millennial.  But as captain of the Xennial generation I will consider a trade or claiming you off of waivers. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Boomers are probably the first generation that had too much time on their hands. On the good side look at all the tremendous technology advances that have been made since WW2. Look at the advances that have been made in environmental protection. You wouldn’t understand if you went to school in Los Angeles in the 50s when the air was so bad some days it was tough to breath. Our rivers and lakes and water we drink are much cleaner due to advances in environmental engineering. Medical advances have increased life expectancy. We put men on the moon. 

On the down side, we thought we could save the world with democracy and ended up in far too many wars that killed millions. IMO we have failed our children by spoiling them and giving them more material things than any previous generation. Or, in some cases some young adults in the hippie generation never grew up and were poor excuses for parents. We introduced drugs into the mainstream and created millions of addicts. We made things worse for minorities by putting them in projects and made them dependent on welfare. We have created the biggest debt in our history. 

Hopefully future generations will learn from our successes and our failures. 

5 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Xennial’s are generally considered born between 1977 & 1985.  Were the Oregon trail generation.  Sorry Joe, you’re a millennial.  But as captain of the Xennial generation I will consider a trade or claiming you off of waivers. 

I don't know. I grew up playing Oregon Trail and watching 80s TV shows. I'm transgeneration....I identify as this generation you describe. 

Make a waiver claim, definitely. I'll work may way up through the farm. 

17 minutes ago, mugtang said:

You’re a millennial too Mug. Stop trying to make Xennials happen.

giphy.gif

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

14 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

You’re a millennial too Mug. Stop trying to make Xennials happen.

giphy.gif

fake news GIF

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

Yes, he's a millennial, and his shrill, bitchy ass tone with every post proves it.

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Boomers and Gen Xers are the ones who cant treat eachother decently on facebook. 

Millenials generally stick to memes about wanting to die. 

I disagree. Gen Xers (my gen) just watch millennials and boomers quibble.  And Gen X DEFINITELY taught y'all about wanting to die.

7 minutes ago, Orange said:

I disagree. Gen Xers (my gen) just watch millennials and boomers quibble.  And Gen X DEFINITELY taught y'all about wanting to die.

You can disagree all you want, you are wrong. Old +++++s like you post disproportionately more about their political beliefs then my generation.  We stick with memes and selfies. 

The exception being Bernie Bros.  

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You can disagree all you want, you are wrong. Old +++++s like you post disproportionately more about their political beliefs then my generation.  We stick with memes and selfies. 

The exception being Bernie Bros.  

That's not what I'm seeing, at all.  To be fair, I'm not on facebook.  But on Instagram, the pro-trump trolls are mostly teenage or early-20s shitbirds spouting off with fake machismo (because most boys in their teens and 20s are insecure about their masculinity).

58 minutes ago, Orange said:

Did you just say your generation doesn't quibble?  Wow!

The World Needs More Cowboys!

44 minutes ago, Orange said:

That's not what I'm seeing, at all.  To be fair, I'm not on facebook.  But on Instagram, the pro-trump trolls are mostly teenage or early-20s shitbirds spouting off with fake machismo (because most boys in their teens and 20s are insecure about their masculinity).

Does Instagram's profiles include age?  I'm asking this seriously.  I don't Instagram

The World Needs More Cowboys!

5 hours ago, Orange said:

Ahhh I think I see where the disconnect is.  You are right in that most of the full time trolls on both ends are millennials.  However the vast majority of millennials simply do not talk politics on social media whereas a much of the older generations feel more comfortable espousing their politics and arguing in comment sections with strangers.

10 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Ahhh I think I see where the disconnect is.  You are right in that most of the full time trolls on both ends are millennials.  However the vast majority of millennials simply do not talk politics on social media whereas a much of the older generations feel more comfortable espousing their politics and arguing in comment sections with strangers.

Older people are used to talking politics? Actually it used to be rude to even ask anyone who they voted for. I think the demographics of people who espouse their views on a message board varies depending on the board. 

11 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Do you have some data for this claim, or are you just blindly defending your age group?

15 hours ago, pokebball said:

Did you just say your generation doesn't quibble?  Wow!

Go ahead and read my post again.   You do this every damned time.

Reading is fundamental.