Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

Lakers Get AD

The NBA does not allow the trading of consecutive #1 picks, so the other #1s wont be in '20 and '21.  Plus, some reports have the Pels getting swapping rights of #1s in other years as well.  And LeBron isnt getting any younger.  So the Lakers better hope they can attract free agents better than they have the past several years.  That will determine the true value of the deal.  

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 minute ago, RSF said:

The NBA does not allow the trading of consecutive #1 picks, so the other #1s wont be in '20 and '21.  Plus, some reports have the Pels getting swapping rights of #1s in other years as well.  And LeBron isnt getting any younger.  So the Lakers better hope they can attract free agents better than they have the past several years.  That will determine the true value of the deal.  

One of those picks is top-8 protected (i think 2021?)  If the Lakers somehow ended up with a lottery pick 8 or higher that year, they would keep it for themselves.  Otherwise it reverts to New Orleans in 2022.

And apparently the trade will consummated on July 6th, which will cost the Lakers about 4 million in cap space.  The will make adding a front line free agent (Leonard, Walker, Butler, etc) much more difficult, if not impossible.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Davis is a young player and the type of player you can build a franchise around. I compare it to getting Kareem from Milwaukee. If they can get a good player I would trade Lebron also. Although Lebron and Davis complement each other well. The Lakers still have Kuzma. If the Lakers can get Leonard they become favorites to win it all. 

3 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

The Lakers need to bring Jerry West out of retirement, and give him the GM job again. He and Jerry Buss were the reason the Lakers ruled the world in the 80’s. 

I think Magic, Kareem and James Worthy may have had something to do with it.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

4 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

The Lakers need to bring Jerry West out of retirement, and give him the GM job again. He and Jerry Buss were the reason the Lakers ruled the world in the 80’s. 

He works for the Clippers. He is 81.

Why don't those Lakes idiots rehire Phil J.?

cerified_Subarus.jpg

On 6/15/2019 at 11:47 PM, TheTedfordTrain said:

God, no. He’s a bum 

That's ridiculous. He's been a solid player ever since he got to the Warriors.

8 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

He works for the Clippers. He is 81.

Why don't those Lakes idiots rehire Phil J.?

Because Jackson's a better coach than he is a front office man.

Free agents coming off the veteran minimum are a little difficult to deal....

Solid move for both clubs. 

The Lakers had to do this deal...and to me, giving up 3 1st rounders isn't the terrible thing it's looking like, because if the team is successful, they won't amount to much in the long run. Plus, they got to keep Kuzma. The #4 pick would have been nice, but it's not like whoever they'd have picked would have contributed much anyway at this point, which would have wasted another year of LeBron.

The Pelicans got a lot of assets, and that #4 pick is going to help them add to their young core of kids there. 

Long term, I think the Pelicans come out (slightly) ahead here, but sort of depends on the health of the principals.  Also, those No. 1s they get worsen as the Lakers Record improves, right?  So maybe not so valuable down the road. 

As to Lavar Ball, Webster’s Dictionary is currently embroiled in ongoing negotiations regarding whether they can get him to agree to (prominently) affix his photo next to the words “idiot” and “moron” and “dumbass” and “blowhard”.  Word is, Lavar wants all four... if he can get his price... 

6 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Don’t forget Cooper. Wasn’t West the one that got a few of those guys? 

Pretty sure at least Magic and Kareem were there before West.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan