Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nevada Convert

Paris Recommendations

Recommended Posts

I have a friend visiting there in a few days. For those that have been there, what sites or whatever do you recommend? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sainte Chappelle.  IMO, the most gorgeous space in Europe.  There are so may things to see in Paris.  Tell your friend to drop $20 on a guide book.  I like Rick Steves.  You can download his audio tours for all of the major sites and have guided walking tours in your ear.  I usually like them better than the audio tours most sites offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nm.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should pick a few sites to see well.   Don't try to do it all. We enjoyed the cafes and our free time a lot. Wine bread cheese...keep it simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walk the Left Bank...and visit Morrison's grave at Pere Lachaise. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Walk the Left Bank...and visit Morrison's grave at Pere Lachaise. 

 

 

The left bank is charming.meat GIF

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

They should pick a few sites to see well.   Don't try to do it all. We enjoyed the cafes and our free time a lot. Wine bread cheese...keep it simple.

This. And really no need to go up to the top of the Eiffel Tower. Takes forever and can wipe out a full 4 hours of your day. If they have the time and interest, go out to Versailles. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Catacombs

A night down in the Latin Quarter

People watch at cafes by the river at night.

Cathedral Notre D....  nevermind

Versailles

Pantheon before Louvre and Eiffel 

A jog down Champ d'Elysees, to Eiffel to Invalides

Don't order steak hache. It is just ground beef

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Do NOT go in the summer.  I spent the hottest & most humid day of my life in Paris July of 1993.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Catacombs

A night down in the Latin Quarter

People watch at cafes by the river at night.

Cathedral Notre D....  nevermind

Versailles

Pantheon before Louvre and Eiffel 

A jog down Champ d'Elysees, to Eiffel to Invalides

Don't order steak hache. It is just ground beef

We could have eaten bread cheese wine the whole time.We had an appt for the tower....didnt go because we were having such fun in the catacombs.  Our hotel was within a kilometer of the tower with a nice view of it.

 I regret not making it to the Dday cemetery.....but made the battle of the bulge cemetery in Iuxembourg later. 

Study the subways before you get there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

We could have eaten bread cheese wine the whole time.We had an appt for the tower....didnt go because we were having such fun in the catacombs.  Our hotel was within a kilometer of the tower with a nice view of it.

 I regret not making it to the Dday cemetery.....but made the battle of the bulge cemetery in Iuxembourg later. 

Study the subways before you get there.

 

Good point...most confusing underground I've ever seen.  Paris makes NYC's subways look small.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, Montmartre is a very fun part of town and provides fantastic views of the city. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

 

Good point...most confusing underground I've ever seen.  Paris makes NYC's subways look small.

 

I was impressed by the subway....took a few days to get it.  Charles de gualle airport was perhaps the worst part of our trip....what a rat fuk...arrive and depart.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

I was impressed by the subway....took a few days to get it.  Charles de gualle airport was perhaps the worst part of our trip....what a rat fuk...arrive and depart.

 Luckily all my trips in/out of France 🇫🇷 have been by rail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to go to Versailles. It's the one place in Europe I want to go the most. That and the Lourve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×