Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Paris Recommendations

Sainte Chappelle.  IMO, the most gorgeous space in Europe.  There are so may things to see in Paris.  Tell your friend to drop $20 on a guide book.  I like Rick Steves.  You can download his audio tours for all of the major sites and have guided walking tours in your ear.  I usually like them better than the audio tours most sites offer.

11 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

They should pick a few sites to see well.   Don't try to do it all. We enjoyed the cafes and our free time a lot. Wine bread cheese...keep it simple.

This. And really no need to go up to the top of the Eiffel Tower. Takes forever and can wipe out a full 4 hours of your day. If they have the time and interest, go out to Versailles. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Catacombs

A night down in the Latin Quarter

People watch at cafes by the river at night.

Cathedral Notre D....  nevermind

Versailles

Pantheon before Louvre and Eiffel 

A jog down Champ d'Elysees, to Eiffel to Invalides

Don't order steak hache. It is just ground beef

8 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Catacombs

A night down in the Latin Quarter

People watch at cafes by the river at night.

Cathedral Notre D....  nevermind

Versailles

Pantheon before Louvre and Eiffel 

A jog down Champ d'Elysees, to Eiffel to Invalides

Don't order steak hache. It is just ground beef

We could have eaten bread cheese wine the whole time.We had an appt for the tower....didnt go because we were having such fun in the catacombs.  Our hotel was within a kilometer of the tower with a nice view of it.

I regret not making it to the Dday cemetery.....but made the battle of the bulge cemetery in Iuxembourg later. 

Study the subways before you get there.

8 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

We could have eaten bread cheese wine the whole time.We had an appt for the tower....didnt go because we were having such fun in the catacombs.  Our hotel was within a kilometer of the tower with a nice view of it.

I regret not making it to the Dday cemetery.....but made the battle of the bulge cemetery in Iuxembourg later. 

Study the subways before you get there.

Good point...most confusing underground I've ever seen.  Paris makes NYC's subways look small.

Also, Montmartre is a very fun part of town and provides fantastic views of the city. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

14 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Good point...most confusing underground I've ever seen.  Paris makes NYC's subways look small.

I was impressed by the subway....took a few days to get it.  Charles de gualle airport was perhaps the worst part of our trip....what a rat fuk...arrive and depart.

4 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

I was impressed by the subway....took a few days to get it.  Charles de gualle airport was perhaps the worst part of our trip....what a rat fuk...arrive and depart.

Luckily all my trips in/out of France 🇫🇷 have been by rail