Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

POLL: Did Iran target the oil tankers or is this a fabricated incident to drag us into another bullshit war?

Did Iran purposely target the oil tankers or is the administration fabricating shit to get us into yet another war?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Did Iran purposely target the oil tankers or is the administration fabricating shit to get us into yet another war?

• Yes, Iran wants to fuuk shit up and doesn’t care about the consequences because they’re evil and shit
    • No, don’t trust the American war machine

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

You’re pretty damn far left on just about every issue I’ve seen you comment on. Also, I’m in Massachusetts.

You completely ignored the point of my post.

The policies I support are widely supported by most of America.  What you take issue with is my abrasiveness, which is totally fair.  I'm an asshole, particularly toward people who desperately, achingly deserve it (which includes about 60% of this board).

7 minutes ago, Orange said:

The policies I support are widely supported by most of America.  What you take issue with is my abrasiveness, which is totally fair.  I'm an asshole, particularly toward people who desperately, achingly deserve it (which includes about 60% of this board).

No they aren't. Maybe if Portland or the East Village was "most of America", but it isn't. 

And you aren't an asshole, you're a retard. 

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

I could find a poll too that shows the majority of the country supports a war with Iran. Doesn't mean it's true. 

yet another surrender

2 minutes ago, Orange said:

yet another surrender

No. It's the truth. You live in a bubble and act like a petulant child when the ideas of your insular little bubble are challenged. 

Also, for someone who has me on ignore, you're obsessed. 

5 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

No. It's the truth. You live in a bubble and act like a petulant child when the ideas of your insular little bubble are challenged. 

Also, for someone who has me on ignore, you're obsessed. 

Or, when he's put in his place (see his retreat on his love of mediocre teachers)...he just withers and hides away, going back to whistling and moping silently in the theatre while he mops.

15 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Kurds are definitely terrorists, specifically the PKK.

They certainly are a terrorist group, and we've labeled them as such. To me, the biggest issue we have is the fact that the YPG and SDF still has elements of it, which really harms their standing on the global stage. 

Of course, I don't necessarily have a problem with them, since they're not necessarily against us and/or our interests. 

4 hours ago, 406WarriorFan said:

They certainly are a terrorist group, and we've labeled them as such. To me, the biggest issue we have is the fact that the YPG and SDF still has elements of it, which really harms their standing on the global stage. 

Of course, I don't necessarily have a problem with them, since they're not necessarily against us and/or our interests. 

George Washington was a terrorist.  Until he won the war then he because a great leader of a new country.

9 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

George Washington was a terrorist.  Until he won the war then he because a great leader of a new country.

They get disproportionately shit on by everyone in that area of the world...they're pretty pro-American, and have been for a long assed time, predating any of this nonsense in Syria. 

I don't have a problem with them or their actions, but I don't like the Turkish gov't under Erdogan either.

4 hours ago, Orange said:

https://www.apnews.com/4516833e7fb644c9aa8bcc11048b2169

Support increased when people were told “Medicare-for-all” would guarantee health insurance as a right (71 percent) and eliminate premiums and reduce out-of-pocket costs (67 percent).

But if they were told that a government-run system could lead to delays in getting care or higher taxes, support plunged to 26 percent and 37 percent, respectively. Support fell to 32 percent if it would threaten the current Medicare program.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/energy-and-environment/2019/4/22/18510518/green-new-deal-fox-news-poll

The result? Jumping back to the GAP poll: While total support for the GND (43 percent) is fairly close to total opposition (46 percent), support and opposition are not of the same intensity. Out of those who support the GND, 24 percent strongly support and 19 percent somewhat support it; among those who oppose it, 43 percent strongly oppose and 3 percent somewhat oppose.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/441394-majority-of-voters-support-wealth-tax-oppose-free-college-poll%3famp

But Tuesday's Quinnipiac poll shows less public support for free college than for a wealth tax, with 52 percent of respondents saying they oppose free college and 45 percent saying they support it.

An even higher share - 54 percent - said they would oppose making public colleges free if it was paid for by a new tax on wealthy individuals.

You satisfied yet?

1b2e53d7-ed52-43ea-bcdb-b8332f061ef2_tex

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, 406WarriorFan said:

They get disproportionately shit on by everyone in that area of the world...they're pretty pro-American, and have been for a long assed time, predating any of this nonsense in Syria. 

I don't have a problem with them or their actions, but I don't like the Turkish gov't under Erdogan either.

There are few groups of people around the world that are as pro-American as the Kurds are. Let alone that region. 

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

https://www.apnews.com/4516833e7fb644c9aa8bcc11048b2169

Support increased when people were told “Medicare-for-all” would guarantee health insurance as a right (71 percent) and eliminate premiums and reduce out-of-pocket costs (67 percent).

But if they were told that a government-run system could lead to delays in getting care or higher taxes, support plunged to 26 percent and 37 percent, respectively. Support fell to 32 percent if it would threaten the current Medicare program.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/energy-and-environment/2019/4/22/18510518/green-new-deal-fox-news-poll

The result? Jumping back to the GAP poll: While total support for the GND (43 percent) is fairly close to total opposition (46 percent), support and opposition are not of the same intensity. Out of those who support the GND, 24 percent strongly support and 19 percent somewhat support it; among those who oppose it, 43 percent strongly oppose and 3 percent somewhat oppose.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/441394-majority-of-voters-support-wealth-tax-oppose-free-college-poll%3famp

But Tuesday's Quinnipiac poll shows less public support for free college than for a wealth tax, with 52 percent of respondents saying they oppose free college and 45 percent saying they support it.

An even higher share - 54 percent - said they would oppose making public colleges free if it was paid for by a new tax on wealthy individuals.

You satisfied yet?

1b2e53d7-ed52-43ea-bcdb-b8332f061ef2_tex

MforAll: Tell those same people they can eliminate premiums and co-pays, the wait would not be greater, and give them an ACTUAL cost of any tax, and those percentage points would go up.  Point being, it's hardly a liberal idea.

Green new deal: A fox news poll?  Shocking.  And do you not know how to take a link from the source as opposed to just your shitty google search results?

Free college: Wow, multiple polls show differing support?

Again, the entire idea behind my remarks was that my positions are hardly radical.

Your gif was basically you doing a touchdown dance because  you held a running back to 5 yards on first down.

20 minutes ago, Orange said:

MforAll: Tell those same people they can eliminate premiums and co-pays, the wait would not be greater, and give them an ACTUAL cost of any tax, and those percentage points would go up.  Point being, it's hardly a liberal idea.

Green new deal: A fox news poll?  Shocking.  And do you not know how to take a link from the source as opposed to just your shitty google search results?

Again, the entire idea behind my remarks was that my positions are hardly radical.

Your gif was basically you doing a touchdown dance because  you held a running back to 5 yards on first down.

Those beliefs are not what make you radical imho.  The left as a whole has moved further to the left. The right has also moved further to the left. 

What makes you radical is the way you view people who are not in lock step with your own beliefs. 

7 hours ago, Orange said:

The policies I support are widely supported by most of America.  What you take issue with is my abrasiveness, which is totally fair.  I'm an asshole, particularly toward people who desperately, achingly deserve it (which includes about 60% of this board).

24 minutes ago, Orange said:

No my gif was me teabagging you to finish the dunk.

And of course if you lie to people when you phrase the question you can garner more support. That was the point of your appeal to polling authority.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

No my gif was me teabagging you to finish the dunk.

And of course if you lie to people when you phrase the question you can garner more support. That was the point of your appeal to polling authority.

"Lie to people"?  That's rich, coming from a republican.  You tell people voter ID is for securing elections when elections were under no threat of people defrauding the system with a single vote.  You tell people you believe in democracy, yet support the loser getting the oval office.  You tell people you're going to "repeal and replace" and instead come up with shit plans that will ruin people with pre-existing conditions.  You tell women you're protecting them with onerous medical restrictions (like wide hallways and hospital privileges) for abortion clinics when it's really about banning abortion.

Lying to people is almost exclusively the province of the Right at this point in history.  

13 minutes ago, Orange said:

So then you agree with me.

Me being abrasive is another matter, and you can really suck my dick if you have a problem with it.

In the sense that your beliefs that you outlined do not make you radical.  Yeah, in today's democratic party they do not. 

What makes you radical is not you being abbrasive or a dick either.  It is the genuine way you perceive others who are not in lock step with your beliefs.  Replace "GOP" and "Trump supporter" with "The Jew" and your posts read like Mein Kampf.  You looked around here and saw white supremacists.  That makes you pretty damn radical. 

15 minutes ago, Orange said:

"Lie to people"?  That's rich, coming from a republican.  You tell people voter ID is for securing elections when elections were under no threat of people defrauding the system with a single vote.  You tell people you believe in democracy, yet support the loser getting the oval office.  You tell people you're going to "repeal and replace" and instead come up with shit plans that will ruin people with pre-existing conditions.  You tell women you're protecting them with onerous medical restrictions (like wide hallways and hospital privileges) for abortion clinics when it's really about banning abortion.

Lying to people is almost exclusively the province of the Right at this point in history.  

I haven’t been a Republican for 3 years now, but thanks for spouting off about things you know nothing about. Glad to see you stay on brand.