Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

POLL: Did Iran target the oil tankers or is this a fabricated incident to drag us into another bullshit war?

Did Iran purposely target the oil tankers or is the administration fabricating shit to get us into yet another war?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Did Iran purposely target the oil tankers or is the administration fabricating shit to get us into yet another war?

• Yes, Iran wants to fuuk shit up and doesn’t care about the consequences because they’re evil and shit
    • No, don’t trust the American war machine

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

That’s just the thing with the radical lefties. In their mind, you have to be 110% in lockstep with their team on every single issue or else they paint you as a right wing nutjob. 

Roughly what % of the The Left or the Democratic Party qualifies as "radical lefties" in your book?

19 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I don't think so. It's certainly possible, but I can't see how/why he would want to get involved, especially if his involvement were ever exposed, as that could spell doom for him should this mushroom into something crazy. 

I'd be willing to bet lots of money it was the Saudis. Maybe the UAE, I guess, but probably the Saudis b/c the UAE is too big of a trade partner with Iran to want a war with them and the Saudis hate Iran more than Israel does. 

Putin doesn't want to get involved. He wants the US in a war that would be very unpopular at home.

It's not like Pitin has gotten into trouble with all the crap he's pulled so far. 

One of the Final Five..........

2 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Putin doesn't want to get involved. He wants the US in a war that would be very unpopular at home.

It's not like Pitin has gotten into trouble with all the crap he's pulled so far. 

The US has been increasingly adversarial toward the Russians since Trump came into office, even if Orange Julius Caesar has a bromance with Putin. That said, I just can't see the Russians behind it. Honestly, I was smoking and thinking about it outside, and I honestly think that there are realistically two, maybe three potential culprits behind this...Saudi Arabia, Turkey or Israel. And here's why:

(this is going to be lengthy so I apologize in advance) 

For one, we can exclude most of the neighboring countries right off the bat. None of the GCC countries outside of Saudi Arabia want a war with Iran. Iran is the UAE's biggest trading partner, and even if UAE has shown imperialist ambitions as of late in the region (support of Gen. Haftar in Libya, funding Syrian jihadis), they have too many business dealings with Iran to want to risk a collapse in that department. Oman has no problems with anybody and is considered the "Switzerland of the Gulf", Yemen is in shambles and if the Houthis can't get rockets into Saudi Arabia's mainland reliably from their desert hideouts, they probably aren't pulling off bombing a ship across the peninsula. Kuwait only exists to make money for a small group of people, Bahrain is useless militarily as evidenced by their need to call in the Saudis to put down the uprising in 2011, and Qatar, given how Saudi has isolated them, is sure as hell not going to do KSA's bidding and spark a war with Iran, with whom Qatar has grown closer to since the GCC Embargo was instituted. 

Further, beyond the Gulf, Iraq is a mess and in no position to carry out some wildly complex plot on foreign soil, same for Syria, and Lebanon may or may not be a country on any given day depending on what time and who you ask. And even notable countries in the region with good/effective intelligence services, such as Pakistan and the ISI, aren't going to have any interest in sparking a war between the two either. 

The other three countries though have a real interest in trying to get something fired up between the US and Iran. 

Saudi Arabia is mortal enemies with Iran. They used to be friends with each other until the Ayatollah came back in 1979, but since, things have turned incredibly hostile. As Saudi is Wahhabbi, they view the Shi'a (Iran is a majority Shi'a country, one of the few on Earth) as worse than infidels, and in fact, the "arch enemies of Islam". Add in that there is a very real ongoing Cold War in the region between Iran and Saudi Arabia (see Yemen, Syria), and this would seem like a logical extension of that conflict. What a better way to get rid of your mortal enemy than to provoke the most powerful country in the world into starting a war with them. 

Israel's reasoning is similar. Iran and Israel had great relations until 1979 as well. It should be noted that there has always been a clandestine alliance between Israel and Saudi Arabia, as their interests in the region often align with one another. They also have an interest in toppling the Iranian regime. Another wrinkle in all this is Netanyahu's current and ongoing political crisis. A war with iran that Israel could be a part of would probably fire up people to vote for him in the upcoming elections. 

Finally, Turkey could also be behind it. Erdogan has no love lost toward the Iranians and may want to drag the US into a conflict owing to the numerous problems the US has caused him in recent years. This is the least likely of the three, but still, I'd consider it a possibility. They're capable of doing it at least. 

I just can't believe that the Iranians would bomb a Japanese tanker when PM Abe's(a hawkish personality in his own right) visit toTehran. I also don't think Putin has any real interest in causing anymore turmoil in that region, as they have enough problems there as it is. Maybe, I guess. But I don't see it. 

23 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Honest question, who do you think has taken a harder stance on Russia, Trump or Obama?

v0icAvfW.jpg

2 hours ago, rudolro said:

It's because the POS lies at every turn, and when he accidentally tells the truth or shows everyone who he is he walks it back or says that wasn't me.

He treats the American people like we're idiots.

So you have no problem with what he does and says? This is a problem, you may hate him or love him but you can't normalize his behavior.

That could be said about every President back to at least Kennedy.  It is normal behavior for a President, admittedly, the others portrayed a nicer facade and more adept at  Presidential preening.

110926run_defense710.jpg

39 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Roughly what % of the The Left or the Democratic Party qualifies as "radical lefties" in your book?

Simply take a glance at posts by @Akkula, @Rocket, @roscoesdad, @Boise fan, and @Orange. That’s a good sample for the radical authoritarian left. 

Also, I don’t lump all who vote Democrat in with this group. There are of course reasonable Democrats just like there are reasonable Republicans, including many on this board. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

That could be said about every President back to at least Kennedy.  It is normal behavior for a President, admittedly, the others were portrayed a nicer facade and more adept at  Presidential preening.

Maybe idk about the other Presidents we had to rely on the press to let us know what was happening.  I know Clinton lied his ass off. But this is a whole different level.  

1 minute ago, rudolro said:

Maybe idk about the other Presidents we had to rely on the press to let us know what was happening.  I know Clinton lied his ass off. But this is a whole different level.  

Nearly all the media is teams and shit now.  Unfortunately, one needs to sift through MSM, Faux, and internet including Info Wars to know what is really going on.  

110926run_defense710.jpg

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

The right wingers will usually at least have a conversation with you. You might find out about 30 seconds in they're total crackpots, but they're generally fairly civil. I'm not talking about the Far Right Nazi types, I mean the average, angry white guy run-of-the-mill Trump supporter. The leftists on the other hand, go from zero to total conniption in what seems like a flip of a switch. As soon as they find out you're not totally on board with their movement, they start throwing the screams out. 

What can I say though. The right wingers around here (in Gainesville, not the MWCBoard) all think I'm a Communist, and all the left-wingers think I'm a Nazi. I can't win. 

If you don't like it, launch a milkshake!

110926run_defense710.jpg

10 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Nearly all the media is teams and shit now.  Unfortunately, one needs to sift through MSM, Faux, and internet including Info Wars to know what is really going on.  

What's the last valuable NEWS tidbit you have received from Info Wars???

How do you feel about NPR, PBS, BBC, etc... as news sources?

9 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Media is different than journalism. MSNBC, FOX, CNN are all opinion shows that need to be taken with a grain of salt. But all have some very good reporters on.

4 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

What's the last valuable NEWS tidbit you got from Info Wars???

Daily revelation hypocrisy and intolerance of many on the left, this week:

110926run_defense710.jpg

29 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

19 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

What's the last valuable NEWS tidbit you have received from Info Wars???

12 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

¿What does this video have to do w/our dialogue above?

5 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Paid actors?  
Pretty easy to set up a "confrontation" these days.

"Alright Sweetheart, just stand there looking wonderful."
Ready boys?  Aaaand, ACTION!"

15 minutes ago, rudolro said:

Media is different than journalism. MSNBC, FOX, CNN are all opinion shows that need to be taken with a grain of salt. But all have some very good reporters on.

Project Veritas is one of the few who still do investigative journalism, here is this week's news about TechCo censorship (not much from MSM):

110926run_defense710.jpg

3 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

¿What does this video have to do w/our dialogue above?

What's the last valuable NEWS tidbit you have received from Info Wars???

110926run_defense710.jpg

3 minutes ago, PokeTransplant said:

Paid actors?  
Pretty easy to set up a "confrontation" these days.

"Alright Sweetheart, just stand there looking wonderful."
Ready boys?  Aaaand, ACTION!"

Lol

110926run_defense710.jpg

9 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

What's the last valuable NEWS tidbit you have received from Info Wars???

That's not news.  That's a shock jock trying to stir-up drama.

What's newsworthy about hypothetical questions regarding a 6-y/o's sexuality?

That's not reporting or journalism.  What do you find "valuable" or informative about that?

My question still stands:  What's the last valuable NEWS tidbit you have received from Info Wars??? 

9 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

That's not news.  That's a shock jock trying to stir-up drama.

What's newsworthy about hypothetical questions regarding a 6-y/o's sexuality?

That's not reporting or journalism.  What do you find "valuable" or informative about that?

My question still stands:  What's the last valuable NEWS tidbit you have received from Info Wars??? 

The gay frogs thing was newsworthy. And hilarious.

tenor_0_u18chan.gif

https://news.berkeley.edu/2010/03/01/frogs/

1 hour ago, CV147 said:

Or, it could be a rogue Revolutionary Guard commander in the Iranian military who wants to punish the west. Iran would never admit that they lost control over parts of their military.

I don't think that the Iranian government is stupid enough to provoke a war, but sometimes governments employ stupid people.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/iranians-fired-missile-at-us-drone-prior-to-tanker-attack-us-official-says/ar-AACTdip?ocid=spartanntp