Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

POLL: Did Iran target the oil tankers or is this a fabricated incident to drag us into another bullshit war?

Did Iran purposely target the oil tankers or is the administration fabricating shit to get us into yet another war?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Did Iran purposely target the oil tankers or is the administration fabricating shit to get us into yet another war?

• Yes, Iran wants to fuuk shit up and doesn’t care about the consequences because they’re evil and shit
    • No, don’t trust the American war machine

9 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

#1 - If it has been debunked, nobody told Señor Google, the BBC, Reuters, Bloomberg, etc... 

https://www.armscontrol.org/blog/2018-09-23/what-you-need-know-about-chemical-weapons-use-syria

Saddam had WMDs too, according to many of the same people you are now hiding behind in your little appeal to authority. Also, the link I posted was a copy of an actual leaked OPCW report, not spin from a news outlet. 

24 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

#1 has been largely debunked as more information came out that suggests the whole thing was very well staged. 

http://syriapropagandamedia.org/working-papers/assessment-by-the-engineering-sub-team-of-the-opcw-fact-finding-mission-investigating-the-alleged-chemical-attack-in-douma-in-april-2018

The British also said Saddam had WMDs, so...

13 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

#1 - If it has been debunked, nobody told Señor Google, the BBC, Reuters, Bloomberg, etc... 

https://www.armscontrol.org/blog/2018-09-23/what-you-need-know-about-chemical-weapons-use-syria

11 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Saddam had WMDs too, according to many of the same people you are now hiding behind in your little appeal to authority. 

I think we are all familiar w/Saddam WMDs.  Nobody here is denying that.

You & @BluesClues009 seem to think the Syrian gassings/bombings have be debunked.  I'm just trying to figure out, who did the debunking & where I can read about it.  

Sorry, but I'm not prepared to take @bluerules009s claims as gospel w/out taking a closer look at his sources...haha.

Here's the problem. This administration has lied so much they can't be trusted. For all of you saying words don't have consequences here's where we at.

As for Syria Trump attacked them in first few months of his presidency for gassing. Let me see I have this straight. 

Obama does it and the info was fake. Trump does the same thing and the info is good 

36 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

I think we are all familiar w/Saddam WMDs.  Nobody here is denying that.

You & @BluesClues009 seem to think the Syrian gassings/bombings have be debunked.  I'm just trying to figure out, who did the debunking & where I can read about it.  

Sorry, but I'm not prepared to take @bluerules009s claims as gospel w/out taking a closer look at his sources...haha.

Check out the linked OPCW report from above. In it, one of the people concludes that it couldn't have been dropped by helicopters and had to have been blown up inside a building somewhere in Douma. 

I'm not saying Assad is some nice guy....he's a prick and the Mukhbarat beat the shit out of me one night so I have no real love lost for any arm of the regime, honestly they can all kill each other for all I care..but I don't l like seeing people get railroaded, in particular, when said railroading can lead us to getting involved in yet another unwinnable war...that said, that whole thing was rank with suspicion from the get-go, not uniike this recent "Iranian attack", and given the Saudis were master of puppets of the Syrian Jihadis who orchestrated the gas attack, it isn't a far cry to suggest they were the "masterminds" behind this latest "Iranian" attack. 

33 minutes ago, rudolro said:

Here's the problem. This administration has lied so much they can't be trusted. For all of you saying words don't have consequences here's where we at.

As for Syria Trump attacked them in first few months of his presidency for gassing. Let me see I have this straight. 

Obama does it and the info was fake. Trump does the same thing and the info is good 

We were already in Syria before Trump's bombing of an airstrip. Much more heavily involved. And we have the last administration to thank for that. 

4 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

We were already in Syria before Trump's bombing of an airstrip. Much more heavily involved. And we have the last administration to thank for that. 

If I put a loaded gun in your hand you don't have to pull the trigger.

Trump pulled the trigger

Not saying either one is right or wrong. Just tired of people defending everything Trump does.

4 minutes ago, rudolro said:

If I put a loaded gun in your hand you don't have to pull the trigger.

Trump pulled the trigger

Not saying either one is right or wrong. Just tired of people defending everything Trump does.

I'm not defending Trump here. I thought it was a stupid, wildly risky +++++ing move when he did it, if you dig up the thread from here on the incident I railed against it and trashed him in it. I was and still am critical of any involvement in that country by the US, because it's pointless and will waste money and get American kids killed in some sort of hamster-ridden shithole full of retards and crazy people. 

All I was saying was, the war there was already started and we were already involved. Just like Obama ending up with Iraq/Afghanistan in his lap. He didn't start those either, so it's unfair to attribute them to him. 

4 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I'm not defending Trump here. I thought it was a stupid, wildly risky +++++ing move when he did it, if you dig up the thread from here on the incident I railed against it and trashed him in it. I was and still am critical of any involvement in that country by the US, because it's pointless and will waste money and get American kids killed in some sort of hamster-ridden shithole full of retards and crazy people. 

All I was saying was, the war there was already started and we were already involved. Just like Obama ending up with Iraq/Afghanistan in his lap. He didn't start those either, so it's unfair to attribute them to him. 

I wasn't calling you out. I know where you stand on these issues and you've been very consistent.

Sorry if it came across that way. That wasn't my intention.

2 minutes ago, rudolro said:

I wasn't calling you out. I know where you stand on these issues and you've been very consistent.

Sorry if it came across that way. That wasn't my intention.

My bad. You're good, it's just lately I'm often accused of being on "Team Trump" on here by some, so I feel like I'm constantly having to set the record straight. 

36 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

My bad. You're good, it's just lately I'm often accused of being on "Team Trump" on here by some, so I feel like I'm constantly having to set the record straight. 

Everyone who doesn’t suffer from TDS and suffers a bout of the Hershey Squirts over every little thing the man says, does, or tweets is accused of that no matter how critical you’ve been.  Hate him as hard as the lunatic leftist fringe or you’re “Team Trump”.  There’s no room for independent or critical thought here where you evaluate on a case by case basis.  It’s all or nothing.

v0icAvfW.jpg

4 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Everyone who doesn’t suffer from TDS and suffers a bout of the Hershey Squirts over every little thing the man says, does, or tweets is accused of that no matter how critical you’ve been.  Hate him as hard as the lunatic leftist fringe or you’re “Team Trump”.  There’s no room for independent or critical thought here where you evaluate on a case by case basis.  It’s all or nothing.

It's because the POS lies at every turn, and when he accidentally tells the truth or shows everyone who he is he walks it back or says that wasn't me.

He treats the American people like we're idiots.

So you have no problem with what he does and says? This is a problem, you may hate him or love him but you can't normalize his behavior.

5 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

It's sad but it's true. 

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

That’s just the thing with the radical lefties. In their mind, you have to be 110% in lockstep with their team on every single issue or else they paint you as a right wing nutjob. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

5 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

That’s just the thing with the radical lefties. In their mind, you have to be 110% in lockstep with their team on every single issue or else they paint you as a right wing nutjob. 

That can be said for the Trump cult as well. 

16 minutes ago, rudolro said:

That can be said for the Trump cult as well. 

I’ve found it to be more prevalent with the radical left. Note, I draw a distinction between those who lean left and the radical left. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

31 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I’ve found it to be more prevalent with the radical left. Note, I draw a distinction between those who lean left and the radical left. 

The right wingers will usually at least have a conversation with you. You might find out about 30 seconds in they're total crackpots, but they're generally fairly civil. I'm not talking about the Far Right Nazi types, I mean the average, angry white guy run-of-the-mill Trump supporter. The leftists on the other hand, go from zero to total conniption in what seems like a flip of a switch. As soon as they find out you're not totally on board with their movement, they start throwing the screams out. 

What can I say though. The right wingers around here (in Gainesville, not the MWCBoard) all think I'm a Communist, and all the left-wingers think I'm a Nazi. I can't win. 

5 minutes ago, mysfit said:

I suspect Putin did it.

He wants America torn apart and he knows Trump et are itching for a war.

I don't think so. It's certainly possible, but I can't see how/why he would want to get involved, especially if his involvement were ever exposed, as that could spell doom for him should this mushroom into something crazy. 

I'd be willing to bet lots of money it was the Saudis. Maybe the UAE, I guess, but probably the Saudis b/c the UAE is too big of a trade partner with Iran to want a war with them and the Saudis hate Iran more than Israel does. 

Or, it could be a rogue Revolutionary Guard commander in the Iranian military who wants to punish the west. Iran would never admit that they lost control over parts of their military.

I don't think that the Iranian government is stupid enough to provoke a war, but sometimes governments employ stupid people.

16 minutes ago, mysfit said:

I suspect Putin did it.

He wants America torn apart and he knows Trump et are itching for a war.

Good conspiracy theory.  Maybe the DNC pay for some fake intel and get this ball rolling.