Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

misplacedcowboy

Annoying co-workers are the worst

Gawd, I hate those nosey HR questions. "Do you have any felony drug convictions?" "Did you take the company car for a trip to Mexico?" "When you are working from home, why do you never reply to email or pick up the phone?" "Did you make racially insensitive gestures in the video conference with Tokyo?" Geez, HR, do your work and give a man some privacy!

17 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

Gawd, I hate those nosey HR questions. "Do you have any felony drug convictions?" "Did you take the company car for a trip to Mexico?" "When you are working from home, why do you never reply to email or pick up the phone?" "Did you make racially insensitive gestures in the video conference with Tokyo?" Geez, HR, do your work and give a man some privacy!

"Why did you put 17 miles on your expense report when Google maps says your house is only 16.2 miles from the airport?"

5 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

"Why did you put 17 miles on your expense report when Google maps says your house is only 16.2 miles from the airport?"

AI and data analytics will be doing this automatically soon, very soon

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 hour ago, I am Ram said:

HR depts are like government bureaucracies. They are there to annoy the hell out of you. 

6 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

HR depts are like government bureaucracies. They are there to annoy the hell out of you. 

I worked a short time for General Motors (many decades ago).  An old timer called it the Human Waste Department.

110926run_defense710.jpg

14 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Coincidentally, a lot of what HR does is required by some government bureaucracy.

14 hours ago, misplacedcowboy said:

At my first real office gig after college in Denver, my boss would rent a car & pay for the fuel & the renal on a company credit credit...then claim the milage as well.  

As far as I know, he never got called out on it.  What a ballsy double-dip.

13 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

I worked a short time for General Motors (many decades ago).  An old timer called it the Human Waste Department.

Talk about a sloooow moving bureaucracy.  I called on various GM brands in Detroit in the mid/late-'90's.