Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UofMTigers

CFP Revenue Distribution by Conference

from the AAC board...

https://csnbbs.com/thread-877722.html

The NCAA post-season bowl administration page has FINALLY updated. 

http://www.ncaa.org/championships/postseason-bowl-administration

CFP Distribution by Conference:
AAC: $24,554,753
mwc: $20,029,711
SunBelt: $17,079,796
CUSA: $15,604,838
MAC: $14,129,881
(PAC12 and Big10 got $64M each this year)

Cumulative Totals, 2014-2018 seasons:
AAC: $105,153,923
mwc: $91,373,710
MAC: $79,549,763
CUSA: $72,813,123
SunBelt: $72,748,066

mem skyline sig.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Pelado said:

The distributions to the FBS independents:

BYU, UMass, Army, Liberty, New Mexico State - $310,396 each

Notre Dame - $11,238,625

I'd love to see BYU and Army join the AAC as football only members...it would allow them to keep olympic sports in the more geographically sensible WCC and Patriot League's

ND comes away smelling like a rose with the ACC money factored in...

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Guest #1Stunner
11 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

I'd love to see BYU and Army join the AAC as football only members...it would allow them to keep olympic sports in the more geographically sensible WCC and Patriot League's

ND comes away smelling like a rose with the ACC money factored in...

BYU can't afford to join the AAC, because it would have to spend millions of dollars buying out currently scheduled games in order to do so. 

BYU's schedules are already booked years in advance...  https://www.cougarboard.com/cougarsports/future_schedule.html

Now, I do think that BYU really likes the AAC and gets along well with the commissioner.  I can see BYU partnering with the AAC and ESPN on a bowl tie, and I'm sure that BYU would love to continue to schedule a couple of AAC teams every year.

Honestly....why haven't BYU and Memphis signed another deal?

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Honestly....why haven't BYU and Memphis signed another deal?

funny you say that because as you were typing I was on the 'future schedule' site...

Memphis/BYU could do an EASY home-home series.

@BYU 2024 (you guys need home games that season) then @Memphis 2025 (which would give Memphis home games with BYU and Arkansas)

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/memphis/

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/byu/

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

funny you say that because as you were typing I was on the 'future schedule' site...

Memphis/BYU could do an EASY home-home series.

@BYU 2024 (you guys need home games that season) then @Memphis 2025 (which would give Memphis home games with BYU and Arkansas)

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/memphis/

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/byu/

It would be a lot of fun.

Might even be fun to do a home-home-neutral, with a neutral game in Dallas.

My guess is that BYU could bring 20,000 fans to a Dallas game (Mostly local Mormons in Texas).   You think Memphis fans would travel for that?

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

It would be a lot of fun.

Might even be fun to do a home-home-neutral, with a neutral game in Dallas.

My guess is that BYU could bring 20,000 fans to a Dallas game (Mostly local Mormons in Texas).   You think Memphis fans would travel for that?

how about Little Rock or Nash-Vegas (I'm being honest, that's about as far as our base travels)...play at the Tit's stadium? It would be better than an FCS home game IMHO (we play 1 of those most years)

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, UofMTigers said:

how about Little Rock or Nash-Vegas (I'm being honest, that's about as far as our base travels)...play at the Tit's stadium? It would be better than an FCS home game IMHO (we play 1 of those most years)

Usually, they do these neutral site football games in an NFL stadium.

I don't think BYU would be interested in Little Rock or Nashville, since there aren't as many BYU fans in those locations.

Of course, BYU's favorite NFL stadiums are probably Las Vegas or Phoenix.

Penny wants to beef up the hoops schedule too...we could do a hoops series with BYU like we did with the Zags...home-home but do it in the middle of the conference schedule so you're truly 'battle tested' come March.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Just now, #1Stunner said:

Usually, they do these neutral site football games in an NFL stadium.

I don't think BYU would be interested in Little Rock or Nashville, since there aren't as many BYU fans in those locations.

Of course, BYU's favorite NFL stadiums are probably Las Vegas or Phoenix.

yeah, probably home-home is best...we don't travel well past Little Rock, Nashville, or B'Ham.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Guest #1Stunner
26 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

Penny wants to beef up the hoops schedule too...we could do a hoops series with BYU like we did with the Zags...home-home but do it in the middle of the conference schedule so you're truly 'battle tested' come March.

Memphis would destroy BYU in hoops.

Memphis and UNLV really need to schedule a home and home in basketball, though.

35 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Memphis would destroy BYU in hoops.

Memphis and UNLV really need to schedule a home and home in basketball, though.

BYU has a solid hoops history. I mean, in just the last decade BYU has 5 NCAA tourneys and 4 NITs, featuring a Sweet 16 and a Round of 32 appearance.

I say schedule UNLV and BYU in hoops...

mem skyline sig.jpeg

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

My guess is that BYU could bring 20,000 fans to a Dallas game (Mostly local Mormons in Texas).

This DFW resident begs to differ.  There were, maybe, 10k BYU fans for the TCU/BYU game at the Death Star, and there was never more than 5k for games in FW. BYU had more for their game vs OU in Arlington, but Memphis aint OU...and it aint TCU, for that matter.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Guest #1Stunner
7 minutes ago, RSF said:

This DFW resident begs to differ.  There were, maybe, 10k BYU fans for the TCU/BYU game at the Death Star, and there was never more than 5k for games in FW.

BYU hasn't played a game in Dallas for a while, so there is pent up demand among the Texas fans.

I'm pretty confident that BYU fans would fill at least 1/3 of Jerry World for the right opponent.

BYUPlate.jpg

54 minutes ago, RSF said:

This DFW resident begs to differ.  There were, maybe, 10k BYU fans for the TCU/BYU game at the Death Star, and there was never more than 5k for games in FW. BYU had more for their game vs OU in Arlington, but Memphis aint OU...and it aint TCU, for that matter.

We don't pretend to be. From 1972-2002 Memphis football was an afterthought...we've come along way since 2002, though. Tommy West took Memphis to 5 bowls in 6 years with kids like DeAngelo Williams and Stephen Gostkowski. Justin Fuente and Mike Norvell raised the bar even higher taking Memphis to 5 straight bowl games.

mem skyline sig.jpeg