Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

Make a supergroup

5 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

“Joe, Retro, Convert, and I.” Jesus, get it together toons. 

"I" was used as the subject of the sentence, and therefore it was correct to use "me" as an object of the sentence? no?

2 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Hahahaha. That's hilarious! Yeah I was there too. Guttermouth and Strung Out and I think one other band opened. Great show though. It was the perfect venue for a punk show. 

If you ever want a copy of the flier to the show, let me know and I'll copy you one off the original. Would  honestly be about the same quality considering mine has small holes where the staples holding it into a pole on Olive Ave. were. 

That'd be really cool. And yeah, the Rainbow Ballroom was a great venue... I saw 311, AFI, Garbage, Offspring, and a bunch of other bands there that I can't remember anymore.

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

"I" was used as the subject of the sentence, and therefore it was correct to use "me" as an object of the sentence? no?

You can use “I” twice in a sentence in this case. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

Your list of mwcboarders is actually the subject of the sentence. “Music” is the object. “I think” is just a qualifier. You could cut it and the sentence remains intact. 

43 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Your list of mwcboarders is actually the subject of the sentence. “Music” is the object. “I think” is just a qualifier. You could cut it and the sentence remains intact. 

Hmmm.  What if I said "Jim thinks red, blue and orange are nice colors." Is "Jim" not the subject? Jim is doing the thing. The verb is about him.

David Gilmour -Guitar

Donald Fagen -Keyboards

Phil Collins- Drums

Bootsy Collins- Bass

Bob Weir - Rhythm Guitar

I killin' the album sales

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Jimmy Page: guitar

Rich Robinson: guitar

Chris Robinson: vocals

Geddy Lee: bass

John Bonham: drums

For you guys that don’t know the Robinson brothers, think Black Crowes. Jimmy Page actually toured with the Black Crowes back around 2000/2001. I had 3rd row seats at the Hard Rock in Vegas, then Page hurt his back and they postponed the dates and then canceled. I really wanted to see that.  

kat.jpg

When you look at the Eagles past lineups, they were pretty much a supergroup. Henley, Frey, Walsh all were very successful solo artists, and every member of the Eagles could be a lead singer in a good band. So their harmonies were amazing way before pitch correction software. 

“The Eagles Greatest Hits Vol 1: 1971-1975” is the biggest selling album of all time with 42 million units sold and still climbing. Of course, that’s 42 times platinum. Think of all the RIAA awards that have been made for that album. An RIAA award was originally a platinum plated record on white matte with a small pick of the album cover and a plate says who it was for and in a platinum colored picture frame. After a while they went to black matte, then added cassettes and CD’s

kat.jpg

9 hours ago, Mad_Hatter said:

Front man: David Byrne

Guitar: Prince

Bass: Cliff Burton

Drums: Vinnie Colaiuta

Backup Vocals: Merry Clayton

Producer: Dr. Dre

What a glorious mess that would be.

On 6/14/2019 at 11:16 AM, toonkee said:

I thought about your Bonham comment for while and struggled to counter it until I thought of the GOATS. Bonham would not have made the Beatles or Stones better.  Ringo and Watts are certainly not the greatest musicians, but what comes from their drumming was integral and critical to the je ne sais quoi of those bands. 

You’re crazy. Bonham would have made the Beatles so good the Stones would have just packed it in and gave up.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 6/15/2019 at 1:41 PM, toonkee said:

What a glorious mess that would be.

That looks like a Ringo Star Crazy All-Star Band that he does every summer. Recently he's slimmed down the line-up which used to have like 10 or so musicians. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/ringo-starr-all-starr-band-2019-world-tour-754709/

kat.jpg