Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Boise Fans: Talk to me about Northwest Nazarene University

8 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Yes.  

It's been a joke between friends playing Church basketball for decades.    

What's the problem?

Except that you just made this up.

1 hour ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Except that you just made this up.

You must be the life at all the parties. 

buy-chill-pill-soap-mold-wholesale-2084.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

It seems to fit the WCC demographic nicely; schools that nobody gives a shit about, with no athletic profile to speak of somewhere near the west coast.

I like it!

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

It seems to fit the WCC demographic nicely; schools that nobody gives a shit about, with no athletic profile to speak of somewhere near the west coast.

I like it!

Your words are incredibly hurtful to your USD Brethren, only miles from the SDSU campus.

SDSU+USD+Petco+Park!.jpg

7 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Your words are incredibly hurtful to your USD Brethren, only miles from the SDSU campus.

SDSU+USD+Petco+Park!.jpg

Now you're just being mean.  This is beneath you Stunner

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 6/13/2019 at 12:16 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

I agree, I think the opportunity is there.  But both NNU and CofI are in my opinion too expensive and not respected enough to warrant the price and I don't think either of them want the growth that GCU had. 

The growth is happening at Western Idaho College (the JC founded in 2007) where they already have 9000 plus students (19,000 if you include non-credit courses).  I think it is more likely that WIC starts offering some baccaleaurate degrees in the next decade or so, trying to follow what Boise State did in the 1960s and onward.  But that will depend on what the State BOE wants. BSU is still growing (5% last year) and is up to 25k students.  They may just keep growing and add some programs out in Canyon County. Or add them under the UI or ISU name.  

You're talking about College of Western Idaho (CWI), right?

On 6/13/2019 at 11:36 AM, #1Stunner said:

Would be thrilled (absolutely thrilled) if the WCC could get a foothold in the Boise market.

That leaves Northwest Nazarene University as the primary target.   The Nazy's are an intriguing option....

Here are the stats:

ENROLLMENT - 2,058 (any word on if they are expanding???----I think they'd need to be at least 8,000 to get in the WCC).

LOCATION - Nampa, Idaho  (Nampa is probably where the rich people in the treasure valley live)

MASCOT - the Nighthawks (goes with the Boise Hawks theme)

REPUTATION - Notable graduates include Lori Otter First Lady of the State of Idaho. Kent R. Hill, the former administrator for USAID's Bureau for Global Health and former president of the Eastern Nazarene College(1992-2001), Richard Hieb, NASA astronaut, author Donna Fletcher Crow, and Michael Lodahl and Thomas Jay Oord, noted Nazarene theologians. Oord is current faculty at his alma mater. A notable non-graduate alumna is Mildred Bangs Wynkoop, another noted Nazarene theologian. Notable former faculty members include Fred J. Shields, H. Orton Wiley, and Olive Winchester.

What is the vibe about the Nighthawks around Boise?   Is it talked about a lot?   Popular school?    Why did you choose not to attend Northwest Nazarene?   Not enough open spots?

Do you see Northwest Nazarene becoming a major player in Boise over the next 10 years?

I would add BYU Idaho first.   More kids and fits as a natural travel partner.  

Guest #1Stunner
On 6/15/2019 at 3:00 PM, slappy said:

I would add BYU Idaho first.   More kids and fits as a natural travel partner.  

I agree that BYU-Idaho would be a good fit, based on the fact that they just announced more expansion.  20,000 students.

but.... BYU-Idaho doesn't have athletics anymore, that's why Northwest Nazarene looks more appealing, and the fact that they are in Boise.

However... It sounds like Northwest Nazarene want to remain small at only 2,000 students.

7 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Northwest Nazarene is for the kids who could get into Pt. Loma Nazarene but don't have the body to wear a bathing suit during the summer.

I was going to say PLN would be a better candidate than NNU. Didn’t they play for a NC recently? 

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I was going to say PLN would be a better candidate than NNU. Didn’t they play for a NC recently? 

Yep! :) Played for the DII natty...

They lost in the championship game, but it was fun to see a city of 1.5 million get behind a school with just over 1.5 students.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

On 6/18/2019 at 10:18 AM, TheSanDiegan said:

Northwest Nazarene is for the kids who could get into Pt. Loma Nazarene but don't have the body to wear a bathing suit during the summer.

Albinos can still look good in a bathing suit.

33 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Albinos can still look good in a bathing suit.

giphy.gif

I would think being an albino and trying to get a tan would disqualify you from consideration by most institutions of higher learning.

1 minute ago, TheSanDiegan said:

giphy.gif

Just ignore the faces.  Or cover them with a paper bag.  

43 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Just ignore the faces.  Or cover them with a paper bag.  

This fails to address the paradoxical stupidity inherent to the very idea of an albino sunbathing.

Someone with that preternatural capacity for self-defeat usually ends up in trucker school, or some other backwater, front-range MGC institution.

22 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

This fails to address the paradoxical stupidity inherent to the very idea of an albino sunbathing.

Someone with that preternatural capacity for self-defeat usually ends up in trucker school, or some other backwater, front-range MGC institution.

Good point.   But surely there's got to be some albinos who are tempted by the sun.

This albino is NNU worthy. 

20d9c9e6702f4a4147d045c4d1e564aa.jpg

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/10475125/Why-albinos-are-misunderstood-three-women-speak-out.html

This one from the article?  Seems like a lady who would embrace superior lifestyle.

rosaleen_2746382c.jpg