Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Tennessee Pastor/Sheriff's Deputy calls for LGBTQ individuals to be rounded up and executed

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

Just saw you in are Durham. 

Who is your second team after Fresno?   

NC State?  North Carolina?  Wake Forest Demon Deacons (no doubt their mascot intended to evoke the Christian doctrine of attacking the LGBT)?

Nkq1Q92.png

and no, that doesn't mean Northern Colorado, though that is where one of my cousins went to college. 

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

Why are people giving you a hard time?

You've always been very kind whenever I've discussed BYU on here.

Hell....you even defended me against an attack (actually many many attacks) from the Wyoming Cowboys fans.  

Would you be in favor of BYU and NEVADA scheduling a home and home in football and basketball?  Let's get a deal done.

I have pictures. Lots of pictures. So they apparently think that giving me shit will discourage me from eventually posting them here and on Adult Friend Finder and Adult Farm Animal Finder. But they are wrong. I only do CASH. 

We have been scheduling you guys in FB. We do need another series though. Basketball is fine with me, too. 

kat.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Nkq1Q92.png

and no, that doesn't mean Northern Colorado, though that is where one of my cousins went to college. 

Thanks.   I should have noticed that!

What's the stereotype of fanbases of the 4 Tobacco Road schools?   UNC, NC STATE, DUKE, NORTH CAROLINA.      And does East Carolina even register on the radar?

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

I have pictures. Lots of pictures. So they apparently think that giving me shit will discourage me from eventually posting them here and on Adult Friend Finder and Adult Farm Animal Finder. But they are wrong. I only do CASH. 

We have been scheduling you guys in FB. We do need another series though. Basketball is fine with me, too. 

you-like-me-you-really-like-me.jpg

16 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I've never really understood people's animosity toward you honestly. It's puzzled me for years. Like you make some corny jokes sometimes, but you have some really good insights into things at times too. Like the whole amplifier tube conversation from a while back...and you have some wild stories on top of it. I personally don't have any problem with you even if I disagree with your takes at times. 

It's understandable being that I used to troll hard and still do lightly, at times. But I'd say 80% of it now has a lot to do with arguments on politics in OT. But it's OK. I dish it and and I can take it. So that's fair. But if someone takes it too far, I'll hire you as my lawyer. 

kat.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

It's understandable being that I used to troll hard and still do lightly, at times. But I'd say 80% of it now has a lot to do with arguments on politics in OT. But it's OK. I dish it and and I can take it. So that's fair. 

People are always saying you are a Senior Citizen...  

I always assumed that @SleepingGiantsFan was the senior statesman of the board.   Are you really that old?

30 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

People are always saying you are a Senior Citizen...  

I always assumed that @SleepingGiantsFan was the senior statesman of the board.   Are you really that old?

I'm 54. And a very sophomoric 54, at times on this board. LOL. There's a lot of guys here around my age or older. Now if you saw me at a game, you wouldn't think I was that old. When I start a new job, people ask my age, and most guess late 30's, early 40's. I still don't have any gray hair with exception to an uncommon strand or two. One time when I first started at Xcel, two young guys a few years out of school asked me if I wanted to come along to a frat party kegger that night. I was like, come on guys. Thanks for asking but I don't look that young and there's no way they need 'parents' attending. I think SGF is in his mid or late 60's IIRC. Blewmules is in his 70's or older from what I hear. But I am a fairly old fart. My parents are still alive and doing good. My mom is 82 and my dad is 88, and my dad still snow ski's at Mammoth. Just climbing stairs at 9,000' is tough enough on an old person. I'm trying to get my dad on rGH, and that would make him a lot stronger for later years.  But if I can survive heart disease that runs in my family, I might make 100 or so. 

kat.jpg

11 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

It's understandable being that I used to troll hard and still do lightly, at times. But I'd say 80% of it now has a lot to do with arguments on politics in OT. But it's OK. I dish it and and I can take it. So that's fair. But if someone takes it too far, I'll hire you as my lawyer. 

Sounds good. You can pay me in peyote buttons. 

20 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Nkq1Q92.png

I never noticed that before.  It does explain so much :) 

The World Needs More Cowboys!

On 6/13/2019 at 10:47 AM, bornontheblue said:

You idiot! :idiot:

This in now way represents Christianity. Many Christians myself included condemn this type of behavior. 

The next time a LGBTQ person is arrested can I just broadly pain them all as criminals, or the next time I see a black person get arrested  I can broadly paint them all as lawbreakers. 

Some of the most hate filled people I know are left wing regressive's like @Orange

I’m a strong practicing Christian also.  But let’s face it.  Numerous pastors on the far right are turning off broad swaths of the population.   It will be interesting what happens when those Pharisees meet Christ. 

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

@Joe from WY @sean327  If you too really think I'm like Orange, then please don't ever thumbs up a post of mine, like you do all the time, ever fvcking again. Thank you. 

Nah, Orange is way worse than you. You are both hyperpartisan but you attempt to engage honestly on rare occasions.

57 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I’m a strong practicing Christian also.  But let’s face it.  Numerous pastors on the far right are turning off broad swaths of the population.   It will be interesting what happens when those Pharisees meet Christ. 

Remember Christ’s parable about not starting civil wars against your fellow man?

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

I've never really understood people's animosity toward you honestly. It's puzzled me for years. Like you make some corny jokes sometimes, but you have some really good insights into things at times too. Like the whole amplifier tube conversation from a while back...and you have some wild stories on top of it. I personally don't have any problem with you even if I disagree with your takes at times. 

@Nevada Convert is the nickleback of the mwc board.  Fun to hate but really not that horrible.

Convert makes some super clever and witty posts and shares some great stories.  But +++++ he can ramble and rape a tangent 

5 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t see the “large swaths” of church-going Christians that even remotely agree with this pastor. Perhaps you can share a link quantifying that for us?  Have you ever encountered one of these folks that believe it’s OK to kill LGBT for religious reasons?  Seems more like a case of a sick individual to me rather than some fanatical movement within Christianity.

v0icAvfW.jpg

5 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t see the “large swaths” of church-going Christians that even remotely agree with this pastor. Perhaps you can share a link quantifying that for us?  Have you ever encountered one of these folks that believe it’s OK to kill LGBT for religious reasons?  Seems more like a case of a sick individual to me rather than some fanatical movement within Christianity.

Where did I say large swaths agreed? I didn’t.  I did say the more fundamental beliefs are turning off people from Christianity and that has been shown.

While it can be argued that there is a swath on the Hay-Soos religious side of things that are clearly the American Taliban, there are others who subscribe to the Hay-Soos thing and are pretty good people...be they Mormon, Catholic, Presbyterian, etc.

As I said, I’m an Agnostic, sometimes Atheist, but at the same time, I’m not going to go jam my beliefs down people’s throats, because I’m adamantly against that practice, either by myself or by others. You can have your beliefs, I’ll have mine...if I’m curious, I’ll ask. Until then, I’d prefer not to talk about it, and talk about something like sports, guns, fishing, cars, etc.

Certainly, there are those that are basically functioning as an apocalyptic death cult, worship pastors as false idols, that hate on everyone who doesn’t subscribe to their “pure” and “literalist” views...I do know some like this, and I stay away. At the same time, you have people who are on the movement, but don’t make a point to see the “end times” in every minute thing....I know plenty of these types too. With a multifaceted group that big, there’s always going to be some bad ones in the bucket. 

What @Orange is doing in his painting exercise of all of them as American Taliban, is no different than claiming all Moos-lums are Al Qaeda or ISIS because of a swath of bad apples. Not very “tolerant”, I would say, but he’s proven time again that he’s against people of color, a misogynist, a sexist, bigoted, and homophobic, so it’s not altogether surprising.

16 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Fvck you, asshole. You're in the very top tier of people on the board with the most hate. 

15 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

@Joe from WY @sean327  If you too really think I'm like Orange, then please don't ever thumbs up a post of mine, like you do all the time, ever fvcking again. Thank you. 

I second this!!!