Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Tennessee Pastor/Sheriff's Deputy calls for LGBTQ individuals to be rounded up and executed

9 minutes ago, CV147 said:

It is semantics, because you're saying that Christianity is different than saying Christians.

Christians are followers of Christianity.

You leveled a criticism of Christianity based on the actions of an alleged member of Christianity. Thus you're lumping all Christians in with this kook.

This is the same thing as lumping all immigrants in with those who are criminals.

Your interpretation of Christianity reveals your bigotry. Obviously there is no tenet in mainstream Christianity that endorses murdering of gay people.

The old testament might say something like that, but the old testament also says we shouldn't eat shrimp, or that we should kill adulterers. No mainstream Christian church preaches these things.

No, it's absolutely not.  And we've already gone over your mistaken belief that christians are in an ethnic group.

Christianity is a set of principles.  

5 minutes ago, Orange said:

your mistaken belief 

Speaking of "Mistaken Beliefs", aren't you the dumb son of a bitch, fake attorney who doesn't understand what a "protected class" is?

Or wait, aren't you're a "bIg ShOt TaX lAwYeR mAkInG sIx-FiGuReS" and you don't understand the Medicare cap?

The one truth made evident by all of your inane, autistic screeches is that you're +++++ing clownshoes. 

1 hour ago, Orange said:

Oh that's right, because when I was in Christian churches they always had bibles with the OT excluded, and the pastors never quoted the OT.

Oh wait....they did.

Also, apparently you're ignoring the Romans verse that condemns Christianity (and certainly does not disavow the leviticus prescription of murdering gays).

First, you are not a Christian if you are following the law as it is laid out in the OT.  Second, Romans is clear that homosexual sex is a sin.  The OT law was fulfilled in Christ.  Christians understand this, but apparently you don't.  There is no need for the NT to do some line item disavowing of everything laid out in Exodus, Leviticus, and Deuteronomy.  IMO, you look really foolish telling modern, mainstream Christians that they follow the law given to the Hebrews in the OT.  It is the difference between what you learn by Googling a topic and actually knowing what you are talking about.

2 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

First, you are not a Christian if you are following the law as it is laid out in the OT.  Second, Romans is clear that homosexual sex is a sin.  The OT law was fulfilled in Christ.  Christians understand this, but apparently you don't.  There is no need for the NT to do some line item disavowing of everything laid out in Exodus, Leviticus, and Deuteronomy.  IMO, you look really foolish telling modern, mainstream Christians that they follow the law given to the Hebrews in the OT.  It is the difference between what you learn by Googling a topic and actually knowing what you are talking about.

What's the over/under of his response to this post starting with "Jesus,....."

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Guest #1Stunner
16 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

Someone obviously hasn't made a real effort to understand the topic he is attempting to discuss...

That's OK.... we can't all be experts on every topic.

But it is laughable that he keeps trying to lecture people on the topic Christianity, and keeps exposing his complete lack of knowledge on the subject.  You can't just cherry pick random stuff out of the Bible, without at least understanding some context.

But sure....if he wants to believe that Christianity is calling for the genocide of LGBT, carry on......

31 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

LMAO!  I grew up in the Xtian church, bud.

And a guy who believes you can baptize someone into a religion they don't belong to after they die is telling me I look foolish.

Just wow.

33 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

Oh, and you must've missed the link I provided that states 80% of Christians believe every word in the bible is the literal word of God.  That includes the OT.  Is 80% outside the mainstream?

Guest #1Stunner
18 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

@Orange is apparently unable to admit a mistake, or that he's ever wrong.   Fascinating....see linked article on perspective why.

Let's see if he responds to me with an ad hominem.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-squeaky-wheel/201811/why-its-so-hard-some-people-admit-they-were-wrong

20 minutes ago, Orange said:

And a guy who believes you can baptize someone into a religion they don't belong to after they die is telling me I look foolish.

Just wow.

Textbook ^^^^

(1) Couldn't admit he was incorrect on something, or that he was mistaken.

(2) Lashed out with an ad hominem toward the poster, instead of responding to the points that were made.

The linked article is so insightful.   Somewhere in Sisters, Oregon there is a guy named Orange, crying out to be loved.

19 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Textbook ^^^^

(1) Couldn't admit he was incorrect on something, or that he was mistaken.

(2) Lashed out with an ad hominem toward the poster, instead of responding to the points that were made.

The linked article is so insightful.   Somewhere in Sisters, Oregon there is a guy named Orange, crying out to be loved.

@#1Stunner underneath the angry facade of @Orange is a little guy carrying a lot of hurt from something in the past. 

46 minutes ago, Orange said:

Oh, and you must've missed the link I provided that states 80% of Christians believe every word in the bible is the literal word of God.  That includes the OT.  Is 80% outside the mainstream?

Every law and covenant in the OT is the word of God.  It does not mean you are required to live under those laws and covenants today.  It all gets back to OT and NT, which you are really struggling with.  Nuanced thought seems beyond you.  Maybe you should give up on telling people what they believe.

54 minutes ago, Orange said:

Just wow.

Well, you have demonstrated a shocking ignorance of the faith you supposedly grew up in.  10 year olds in Sunday School understand this better than you.  We can discuss it more, but I am fairly certain I am throwing pearls to the swine at this point.

23 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

Every law and covenant in the OT is the word of God.  It does not mean you are required to live under those laws and covenants today.  It all gets back to OT and NT, which you are really struggling with.  Nuanced thought seems beyond you.  Maybe you should give up on telling people what they believe.

No one in my sunday school ever said we had to live by those covenants, but they sure as shit shouted them out when confronted with gay people in our school district attempting to keep their jobs as teachers in the early 1990s.  Maybe you should analyze what you believe with the same scrutiny you use in your every day affairs and stop believing it wholesale?  Your religion, like all religions, is built on exclusion and hate.

9 minutes ago, Orange said:

No one in my sunday school...in the early 1990s.  .

Damn. You're old as +++++. No wonder you call other people on here old. You're hella old. 

6 minutes ago, Orange said:

No one in my sunday school ever said we had to live by those covenants, but they sure as shit shouted them out when confronted with gay people in our school district attempting to keep their jobs as teachers in the early 1990s.  Maybe you should analyze what you believe with the same scrutiny you use in your every day affairs and stop believing it wholesale?  Your religion, like all religions, is built on exclusion and hate.

Yet here you are on this thread telling all of us that Christians follow OT laws and covenants and believe Gays should be executed.  Surprisingly, it turns out you knew it wasn't true the whole time.  They say you are an attorney.  I don't think you would be a credible witness at this point regarding Christianity.

I think we have demonstrated who has given any scrutiny to the Christian faith.  You will have to excuse me if I don't take your word for it that my religion is built on exclusion and hate.

1 minute ago, BYUcougfan said:

Yet here you are on this thread telling all of us that Christians follow OT laws and covenants and believe Gays should be executed.  Surprisingly, it turns out you knew it wasn't true the whole time.  They say you are an attorney.  I don't think you would be a credible witness at this point regarding Christianity.

I think we have demonstrated who has given any scrutiny to the Christian faith.  You will have to excuse me if I don't take your word for it that my religion is built on exclusion and hate.

And I'm not taking your word on SHIT.  The bible says what it says, and you claim it's the word of God.  Who knew an infallible, perfect creator needed a do-over on his Final Paper?  

:lol:

If the bible's warning against homosexuality is no longer law, why were Mormons single-handedly responsible for Prop 8 in CA?  Why do evangelicals stump against it daily?  According to your revisionist bullshit, the entire book of Romans should be ignored and evangelicals should embrace equal rights for gay people.

7 minutes ago, Orange said:

And I'm not taking your word on SHIT.  The bible says what it says, and you claim it's the word of God.  Who knew an infallible, perfect creator needed a do-over on his Final Paper?  

:lol:

If the bible's warning against homosexuality is no longer law, why were Mormons single-handedly responsible for Prop 8 in CA?  Why do evangelicals stump against it daily?  According to your revisionist bullshit, the entire book of Romans should be ignored and evangelicals should embrace equal rights for gay people.

You don't have to take my word for anything.  I have shown on this thread that you are a fool who tries to pass himself off as knowledgeable.  And as is your typical tactic when you get exposed, you now want to shift the conversation.

14 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I’m convinced Orange is a plant by Mugtang to increase board posts. Unfortunately we get sucked in by his inane comments. Brilliant move by Mugtang. 

I had not thought of that.  It makes sense.  This guy is such a rube.