Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Tennessee Pastor/Sheriff's Deputy calls for LGBTQ individuals to be rounded up and executed

18 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Then why is it in their bible?  Why don't they just throw it out and NT only?

I'm guessing for the historical context as the New Testament references the Old Testament heavily. 

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

So do you think Leviticus should be thrown out of the bible?  It is pretty clear on this issue ...

Sins are pretty clear in the bible.  The bible doesn't say we should round up every sinner and execute them though, right?  

The World Needs More Cowboys!

19 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I'm guessing for the historical context as the New Testament references the Old Testament heavily. 

Religion on the off topic board... @mugtang said we were supposed to be good today so is this a topic to bring up lol. 

The Old Testament serves the purpose of showing how God prepare the way for the ministry, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. 

2 hours ago, sean327 said:

And once again you prove without a doubt how much of a bigot you are.

You probably can't even define the term Evangelical. Evangelicals are a small percentage of Christians. 

Did you have to work at being a moron, or did it just come naturally? 

Evangelicals believe the bible is the divine word of god, they wish to convert others, and they're active politically.

If that doesn't describe evangelicals, please share your definition.

P.S. You still don't know what bigotry means.

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

I believe in what Jesus taught as the highest law

Love one another... Do not judge... treat others as you would want to be treated. 

It is not my job to condemn or judge anyone's lifestyle. 

Ahhh, so you pick and choose from the bible.

Who are you to defy god???

2 hours ago, BYUcougfan said:

I don't think you are as smart as you think you are about Christians and the bible.  Here is a hint...Old Testament and New Testament.  I would tell you more, but it is nothing a little bible study won't cure.  :idiot:

Romans, Chapter 1:

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

1 hour ago, CV147 said:

What if this were a story about an Imam talking about death to LGBTQ people, and someone said "Islam at its finest!"

Isn't that person then a bigot?

Nope.

What's your definition of bigot, then?

Merriam Webster says:

Definition of bigot

: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices
especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

3 minutes ago, CV147 said:

What's your definition of bigot, then?

Merriam Webster says:

Definition of bigot

: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices
especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

It's exactly that.  And nothing I said was bigoted.

I said "Christianity at its finest."  Christianity is a set of ideas and principles based on a text.  Those ideas include endorsements of rape, genocide, infanticide, misogyny, slavery, racism and incest.  I therefore think those ideas are repugnant, and clinging to them is stupid.

By your ridiculous definition of bigotry, anyone who talks shit about liberals is ALSO a bigot.

If it makes you feel better, I feel the same way about Islam, or any other religion on the planet.  It's all made-up, outdated horseshit that humans devised to bring order, control people, or make sense of their world.  

Just now, Orange said:

It's exactly that.  And nothing I said was bigoted.

I said "Christianity at its finest."  Christianity is a set of ideas and principles based on a text.  Those ideas include endorsements of rape, genocide, infanticide, misogyny, slavery, racism and incest.  I therefore think those ideas are repugnant, and clinging to them is stupid.

By your ridiculous definition of bigotry, anyone who talks shit about liberals is ALSO a bigot.

If it makes you feel better, I feel the same way about Islam, or any other religion on the planet.  It's all made-up, outdated horseshit that humans devised to bring order, control people, or make sense of their world.  

I classify myself as a Christian, but I only follow the philosophy of Jesus Christ. I don't follow Mosaic Law, and I don't believe in the teachings of Paul after Jesus. 

Maybe someone might say I'm not a Christian. I really don't care what they think.

And it's not my definition of bigotry. I cited where I got it. And, political identity (liberals) isn't a protected class by any means in the same way the race, sex and ethnicity are.

3 minutes ago, CV147 said:

I classify myself as a Christian, but I only follow the philosophy of Jesus Christ. I don't follow Mosaic Law, and I don't believe in the teachings of Paul after Jesus. 

Maybe someone might say I'm not a Christian. I really don't care what they think.

And it's not my definition of bigotry. I cited where I got it. And, political identity (liberals) isn't a protected class by any means in the same way the race, sex and ethnicity are.

Neither are Xtians.

1 minute ago, CV147 said:

You still can't deny employment or housing based on someone's religion.

Nowhere in this thread did I contend otherwise.  That's not the subject under discussion.  Start a new thread if you want.

2 minutes ago, Orange said:

No. But religious groups are often considered a protected class. You can't say the same about a political party. 

https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/religion.cfm

https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/statutes/titlevii.cfm

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act prohibits religious discrimination. You'd think someone pretending to be a lawyer would at least know that. 

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

No. But religious groups are often considered a protected class. You can't say the same about a political party. 

https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/religion.cfm

https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/statutes/titlevii.cfm

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act prohibits religious discrimination. You'd think someone pretending to be a lawyer would at least know that. 

I was about to post something similar. I can't find a list of protected classes that excludes any religion.