Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MetropolitanCowboy

Iran

The drum beat is getting louder unfortunately.  Here is a good opinion piece on why Trump shouldn't be trusted.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/16/opinions/donald-trump-iran-problem-distrust-intelligence-vinograd/index.html

Because he questions the intelligence community's analysis on everything that doesn't align with his personal agenda, he may be leading by example on Iran. In fact, Trump has called previous assessments on Iran "naive," but this time around, when their assessments match his personal views -- and desire to take decisive action against Iran -- he now trusts the intelligence community and expects everyone else to do so, too.
When it comes to sowing mistrust in the intelligence community, Trump's made his bed. But lying in it may be more uncomfortable than he anticipated.

On 6/15/2019 at 12:37 PM, toonkee said:

Remember, Trump's own internal polling has him losing in key states.  

I read that Trump fired a bunch of people over these leaks. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

22 minutes ago, retrofade said:

So... do Bolton and Pompeo get their war now?

Over an unmanned drone?  I certainly hope not.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, retrofade said:

I love that there’s always a tweet.  

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

I love that there’s always a tweet.  

That's just one of about 4-5 where he said that Obama would strike Iran in order to get reelected. There's also one where he said that Obama should have taken a drone out that Iran shot down and took possession of back in 2011. 

Uhh we sure this is the right President?

3 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

Iran is saying it violated their airspace.  The wreckage is reportedly 20 miles off the coast of Iran.  The RQ-4 can go nearly 400 mph - so it could have covered 20 miles in 3 minutes.  It would have taken about 2 minutes for the drone to fall from 55,000 feet to the ground after being hit as well.

13 minutes ago, 406WarriorFan said:

He's been all about the "detanglement" from the Middle East...so it's possible. 

With Bolton in his ear you never know.  Hate that guy. 

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

With Bolton in his ear you never know.  Hate that guy. 

Don't forget Pompeo, they're both idiots...we've got Lindsey Graham and Felcher McCain's poltergeist probably cheering it on too.

We have all of those to blame for not "fully" leaving Syria. 

4 hours ago, 406WarriorFan said:

I'm sure we'd be very comfortable having Iran sending spy drones in airspace near us...

Our drone was in international airspace. 

Would you have been okay with it had they shot down a jet that was in international airspace?

Your TDS has reached pathological levels. 

What a phucking idiot.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

3 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Our drone was in international airspace. 

Would you have been okay with it had they shot down a jet that was in international airspace?

Your TDS has reached pathological levels. 

It wasn't a jet. Obviously that would have made a difference. It isn't worth starting WW3 over an unmanned drone. 

And 406 doesn't have TDS. Far from it. He's just not not down with starting a war with the Persians over a drone. And neither am I. So if that makes me have TDS too, so be it.