Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NFL network to pay CUSA $44,000 per school per year

Read two posts on bbs site stating the following:

1. CUSA will receive only $44,000 per school per year for the 10 football games that the NFL network will broadcast. It may be slightly less as the post said $500,000 to $600.000 for the conference in total.

2. It was also posted that there are rumors that the MWC and NFL network have a common interest in each other and may be included in our future contract. Since I found this on CUSA and AAC sites I tend to discount it however it may be true. It would be better than the streamers in attracting viewers.

I know that several people have speculated that the MWC contract would be finished by early fall but I have never seen the NFL network mentioned before.

Questions?  Answers?  Commentary?

Sounds like they are getting more than what BeIn was offering and with more “exposure”.

I’ve heard they were interested in us but we’ll see what they offer.  The NFL Network isn’t on a lot of cord cutters packages or if they are, it is on a higher tier that no many viewers pay.

With they way how TV is changing, it is more important to for viewers to have access to watch games.  Streaming has not slowed down and only gaining momentum along with the true cord cutters.

15 hours ago, 1066 said:

Read two posts on bbs site stating the following:

1. CUSA will receive only $44,000 per school per year for the 10 football games that the NFL network will broadcast. It may be slightly less as the post said $500,000 to $600.000 for the conference in total.

2. It was also posted that there are rumors that the MWC and NFL network have a common interest in each other and may be included in our future contract. Since I found this on CUSA and AAC sites I tend to discount it however it may be true. It would be better than the streamers in attracting viewers.

I know that several people have speculated that the MWC contract would be finished by early fall but I have never seen the NFL network mentioned before.

Questions?  Answers?  Commentary?

it's about exposure, not money, with NFL Network...they get you a new set of eyeballs that might not normally see these games.

I would expect the MWC to work out a similar deal with NFL Network (for say 62,500 per team or 750k per year)...which again, would all be for exposure.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

NFL Network is on Fubo, which just added Viacom channels for $54.99, on PS Vue core package for $49.99, or on Sling Blue for $25. 

YouTube TV should pick it up now that Direct TV Now no longer carries it.

Direct TV is going to be merged into Dish which airs NFL Network on all its packages except the Flex, or Smart pack. That's a lot of exposure right there.