Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Fresno State installing new turf in Bulldog Stadium

Fresno State has selected AstroTurf® to be the synthetic turf provider for Jim Sweeney Field at Bulldog Stadium. By choosing AstroTurf®, Fresno State has teamed up with a hometown turf partner as AstroTurf Corporation's west coast operations are located in Fresno, CA. This relationship will result in AstroTurf® providing FSU with the most technologically advanced synthetic turf system available.

The field itself is AstroTurf's most popular stadium turf due to its combination of long-lasting performance and game day good looks. The RootZone 3D3 system results in minimal infill splash and better shock absorbency, while improving safety, playability and durability. Also included in the system is Trionic®, AstroTurf's patented new wonder-fiber. Trionic® is a blend of polyethylene and nylon fibers that is quickly revolutionizing the synthetic turf industry.

This premium is system will be topped off with a hybrid Hemp EPDM and Zeolite infill that reduces field temperatures substantially. The cutting edge, cooler system was the right choice to combat the extreme and punishing heat of the Fresno Valley.

"We put a lot of thought into what we wanted out of our new field at Bulldog Stadium," said Terry Tumey, Fresno State Athletic Director. "We looked at every aspect of what was needed out of a new surface from a standpoint of performance, safety, aesthetics, and durability. AstroTurf checked all of the boxes for us and we are confident that we made the right choice for our student-athletes and our program."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/fresno-state-university-teams-astroturf-130000398.html

The old turf is already being removed and the new turf should be installed shortly thereafter. 

36 minutes ago, JoeBlo said:

I was thinking bulldog red with a big giant green V in the middle of it.

Fresno's official colors are Red and Blue.  I was going to suggest going with Blue but after further consideration I decided a blue field would look +++++!n hideous.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400945286

Thomas scores go-ahead TD, UNLV stuns Fresno State 26-16

FRESNO, Calif. -- Lexington Thomas scored the go-ahead points early in the fourth quarter on Saturday night and UNLV hung on to hand Fresno State its first Mountain West Conference loss of the season 26-16.

10 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400945286

Thomas scores go-ahead TD, UNLV stuns Fresno State 26-16

FRESNO, Calif. -- Lexington Thomas scored the go-ahead points early in the fourth quarter on Saturday night and UNLV hung on to hand Fresno State its first Mountain West Conference loss of the season 26-16.

Not going to lie, that game felt like a wtf moment. I saw it happening and still couldn't quite grasp it. 

1 hour ago, Bulldog Rob said:

So we got 8 seasons out of the last turf, is that about normal?  

Depending on how much use and such that is a good life span. Some fields have gotten 10 years but usually in year 7-9 I think they switch. Again depending on usage and things like that.

12 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Fresno's official colors are Red and Blue.  I was going to suggest going with Blue but after further consideration I decided a blue field would look +++++!n hideous.

I think FSU should be forward thinking and mix their two colors...

“The color you get when mixing blue and red would be purple or violet.

A violet colored field would look “fabulous”at bulldog stadium! :P

3DB64B6C-76D6-4EE6-84A7-20154F1D2F6D.gif.9063e9cc900f1b7bb23cef362011bcd2.gif

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

5 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

I think FSU should be forward thinking and mix their two colors...

“The color you get when mixing blue and red would be purple or violet.

A violet colored field would look “fabulous”at bulldog stadium! :P

3DB64B6C-76D6-4EE6-84A7-20154F1D2F6D.gif.9063e9cc900f1b7bb23cef362011bcd2.gif

You mean how Central Arkansas had their football field? It was two colors black and purple for a time.