Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

2024 GOP ticket will be Haley/Crenshaw

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

I think the RNC realizes they’re going to lose in 2020 so you’ll begin to see a shift to 2024.  Haley is already laying the groundwork for a campaign. 

She certainly has the "it" factor that politicians need.  I could see her making a run in 2024 for the nomination.  

1 minute ago, alum93 said:

She certainly has the "it" factor that politicians need.  I could see her making a run in 2024 for the nomination.  

I was hoping she would take a run at Trump in 2020, similar to what Reagan did with Ford in 1976.  Obviously she’s won’t but one could dream. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

46 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I wouldn’t under estimate the Dems passion to get Trump out of office. That could be a pretty big motivator come 2020. 

Who do you think of the current dems has a good chance at beating him? I'm not seeing it. I do not like Trump and hope I'm wrong. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

2 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Who do you think of the current dems has a good chance at beating him? I'm not seeing it. I do not like Trump and hope I'm wrong. 

Biden, Harris, Pete, Sanders. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

What about 2032?

Mugtang/Toonkee. 

4 hours ago, mugtang said:

Biden, Harris, Pete, Sanders. 

Biden is already stumbling. Harris is too far left and has too much baggage. Pete doesn’t seem to be making much headway. Sanders had his shot and stupidly let Hillary walk all over him, not to mention the DNC controlled by Clinton, sabotaging him. He is done. 

Still there is so much that can happen in the next 18 months anything can happen. Things don’t get serious for another year. 

9 hours ago, mugtang said:

He pulled an inside straight in 2016.  I just don’t see him being able to do that again.  Not at this point at least. 

If the economy is healthy he will win in a wipeout.

If the economy slumps he will barely pull out a win.   Might have to start a war to do it, but he will win.

I hope I am wrong but I am not.

11 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

If the economy is healthy he will win in a wipeout.

If the economy slumps he will barely pull out a win.   Might have to start a war to do it, but he will win.

I hope I am wrong but I am not.

If the economy is still doing well, yeah he will likely win re-election.  But we’ve had nearly a decade of uninterrupted growth.  We’re due for a recession. 

15 minutes ago, mugtang said:

If the economy is still doing well, yeah he will likely win re-election.  But we’ve had nearly a decade of uninterrupted growth.  We’re due for a recession. 

We had 6 years of recovery from a recession  that was mostly a stock market recovery and 2-3 years of real economic growth.   We will surely have a 10+ % drop in the stock market once or twice but if employment stays full and the economy doesn't take a shit within 4 months of the election.  Trump will wipe the floor with them.

If Obama could win in 2012 against with no platform and an economy in the toilet against Romney.  Unless there is a 3rd party run to spoil him Trump will win.

11 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

We had 6 years of recovery from a recession  that was mostly a stock market recovery and 2-3 years of real economic growth.   We will surely have a 10+ % drop in the stock market once or twice but if employment stays full and the economy doesn't take a shit within 4 months of the election.  Trump will wipe the floor with them.

If Obama could win in 2012 against with no platform and an economy in the toilet against Romney.  Unless there is a 3rd party run to spoil him Trump will win.

If this was any other GOP candidate with the same conditions I would be predicting a landslide for them.  But the biggest problem Trump faces is Trump.  He can’t get out of his own way.  I agree if the economy stays strong Trump likely wins.  But if there’s a recession or Trump starts an unnecessary war he will get his ass handed to him. 

6 minutes ago, mugtang said:

If this was any other GOP candidate with the same conditions I would be predicting a landslide for them.  But the biggest problem Trump faces is Trump.  He can’t get out of his own way.  I agree if the economy stays strong Trump likely wins.  But if there’s a recession or Trump starts an unnecessary war he will get his ass handed to him. 

The base loves his act.  They are excited.  They will turn out in droves just like the left did for Obama.

There is almost nothing he can do at this point to lose the next election.

No democrat at this point is creating excitement.   They are all running for 2024 and most of them know it.

Sanders or Biden will probably be the candidate and they will get killed.

15 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Biden is already stumbling. Harris is too far left and has too much baggage. Pete doesn’t seem to be making much headway. Sanders had his shot and stupidly let Hillary walk all over him, not to mention the DNC controlled by Clinton, sabotaging him. He is done. 

Still there is so much that can happen in the next 18 months anything can happen. Things don’t get serious for another year. 

LOL