Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

2024 GOP ticket will be Haley/Crenshaw

I think the RNC realizes they’re going to lose in 2020 so you’ll begin to see a shift to 2024.  Haley is already laying the groundwork for a campaign. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

22 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I think the RNC realizes they’re going to lose in 2020 so you’ll begin to see a shift to 2024.  Haley is already laying the groundwork for a campaign. 

I'm not sure Haley can shake the stink of Trump off her. 

Just now, rudolro said:

She has positive approval ratings even amongst Dems.  She got out before Trump could drag her down.  And who can forget “With all due respect, I don't get confused” clapback to the White House.  I don’t think her serving as UN ambassador during the Trump administration will be a negative for her.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, rudolro said:

I don't know if that's a good assumption. She did a good job of stiff arming the President when she didn't agree with his policies. I look at her like I look at Mattis. Both did great jobs in their respective positions, both did the honorable thing by resigning when they could no longer carry out their duties because of policy disagreements with the President. Most reasonable people understand that.

Guest #1Stunner
35 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I think you (maybe the RNC?) are way underestimating Trump's possibility of being reelected.

Wait until Trump starts unleashing the nicknames and attacks on the Democrat front runners.   Wait until he starts making appearances on WWE.   His base will eat it up.

6 minutes ago, mugtang said:

She has positive approval ratings even amongst Dems.  She got out before Trump could drag her down.  And who can forget “With all due respect, I don't get confused” clapback to the White House.  I don’t think her serving as UN ambassador during the Trump administration will be a negative for her.  

I guess we'll have to see.  I don't disagree with you. She's smart and strong. But this whole admin has been a disaster from firings and unethical practices. Hope I'm wrong

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

I think you (maybe the RNC?) are way underestimating Trump's possibility of being reelected.

Wait until Trump starts unleashing the nicknames and attacks on the Democrat front runners.   Wait until he starts making appearances on WWE.   His base will eat it up.

He pulled an inside straight in 2016.  I just don’t see him being able to do that again.  Not at this point at least. 

Just now, rudolro said:

I guess we'll have to see.  I don't disagree with you. She's smart and strong. But this whole admin has been a disaster from firings and unethical practices. Hope I'm wrong

Remember, she didn’t get fired.  She left on her own terms.  

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Remember, she didn’t get fired.  She left on her own terms.  

I know. It's just the whole overall picture. I like her. Just don't know if she got out fast enough.

I think she can be the 1st women president either her or Harris. I think she needs to distance herself as far as she can from Trump and run as VP in the next cycle. 

17 minutes ago, sean327 said:

I don't know if that's a good assumption. She did a good job of stiff arming the President when she didn't agree with his policies. I look at her like I look at Mattis. Both did great jobs in their respective positions, both did the honorable thing by resigning when they could no longer carry out their duties because of policy disagreements with the President. Most reasonable people understand that.

Not in disagreement with you. Just don't know. 

11 minutes ago, rudolro said:

I know. It's just the whole overall picture. I like her. Just don't know if she got out fast enough.

I think she can be the 1st women president either her or Harris. I think she needs to distance herself as far as she can from Trump and run as VP in the next cycle. 

I think she’s primed for the nomination in 2024.  I don’t see her as a VP candidate unless she, for some reason, jumps on to the Trump ticket in 2020 (unlikely). 

5 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I think she’s primed for the nomination in 2024.  I don’t see her as a VP candidate unless she, for some reason, jumps on to the Trump ticket in 2020 (unlikely). 

Ok fair point. Then maybe she should run for Grahams seat. If she primaries him and wins that would be a great litmus test. 

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

I'd vote for Nikki in a heartbeat.  What a flippen breath of fresh air she is.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Trump's reelection depends on two things.

First, we don't know what we don't know with the  Comey/Mueller investigation still.  I'm sure there will be a bombshell or two.  Don't know which way they're going to go.  These could assure Trump's reelection or or hand it to the Dems.  Just like that!

Secondly, the Dems sending Hillary 2.0 to the general election.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

35 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Trump's reelection depends on two things.

First, we don't know what we don't know with the  Comey/Mueller investigation still.  I'm sure there will be a bombshell or two.  Don't know which way they're going to go.  These could assure Trump's reelection or or hand it to the Dems.  Just like that!

Secondly, the Dems sending Hillary 2.0 to the general election.

The biggest wildcard to me is the economy IMO. If it keeps rolling/roaring, he probably gets re-elected easy enough. If it falters beforehand, anything is possible. 

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

I'm willing to place  a healthy wager that barring impeachment proceedings, Trump wins in 2020. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

4 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I'm willing to place  a healthy wager that barring impeachment proceedings, Trump wins in 2020. 

I agree with you, everything else equal. I'm not a Trump supporter by any means, but he's got both the incumbent advantage and a healthy economy, and depending on who the Dems nominate, a potentially lethargic Dem base. 

Before people jump in and call me a Republican. I've never voted for a Republican in my life. 

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

I agree with you, everything else equal. I'm not a Trump supporter by any means, but he's got both the incumbent advantage and a healthy economy, and depending on who the Dems nominate, a potentially lethargic Dem base. 

Before people jump in and call me a Republican. I've never voted for a Republican in my life. 

I wouldn’t under estimate the Dems passion to get Trump out of office. That could be a pretty big motivator come 2020. 

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I wouldn’t under estimate the Dems passion to get Trump out of office. That could be a pretty big motivator come 2020. 

I'm not underestimating it...I just think that unless they find the Goldilocks candidate, there's going to be serious internal strife among the base that could undermine such passion. 

I really wonder if the DNC brass has been planning to punt to 2024 the whole time. They should just nominate Sanders (to exorcise that demon from the party when he inevitably would get crushed in a general), and then start planning ahead for 2024.