Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Transfer Portal of the Mountain West

Inspired by another thread...how is your team faring in the transfer portal? It seems like most spots have to be close to filled by now, but Wyoming saw 3 more enter just last night.

Air Force:

• QB Beau English - leaving to Richmond (FCS)
  • RB Cole Fagan - leading rusher leaving (just announced that he was dismissed from team)
  • TE Thomas Dutton - leaving
  • OG Blake Davis - leaving
  • DT Adonis Williams - leaving
  • I don't know for certain, but just guessing how the academy works - I'm assuming they don't accept incoming transfers?

Boise State:

• DE Kayode Rufai - leaving to Idaho (FCS)
  • S Mujeeb Rufai - leaving to Idaho (FCS)
  • NB Desmond Williams - left to Weber State (FCS)
  • LB Tyson Maeva - starter dismissed for marijuana - ended up at FIU 
  • LB Will Heffner - one year scholarship miscommunication - left for CSU-Pueblo
  • S Damion Wright - leaving for Azusa Pacific (NCAA division II)
  • CB Robert Lewis - leaving after DUI
  • CB Jermani Brown - leaving for Iowa Western Community College
  •  
  • CB Khaffari Buffalo - added to Boise from Buffalo (grad transfer and multi-year FCS starter)
  • K Eric Sachse - added to Boise from Division III Trinity University (grad transfer)
  • DT Jackson Cravens - added to Boise from Utah (redshirted last year, should have to sit a year, then have 3 years of eligibility remaining.

Colorado State:

• QB J.C. Robles - leaving team
  • WR Darius Wise - leaving team
  • CB Darius Cambell - leaving team
  •  
  • WR Nate Craig-Meyers - added to CSU from Auburn (former top 50 HS player)
  • DE Jalen Bates - added to CSU from Arizona State (grad transfer)
  • LB Tron Folsom - added to CSU from Troy (their leading tackler last year - grad transfer)

Fresno State:

• QB Hunter Raquet - leaving
  • TE Austin Alexander - leaving
  • DE Damion Degrue - leaving for Stephen F Austin (FCS)
  • DE Emeka Ndoh - leaving 
  •  
  • DT Kurtis Brown - added to FSU from Arizona (I think has to sit a year before having 2 left?)

Hawaii:

• QB Jeremy Moussa - leaving
  • TE Kade Greeley - leaving
  • S Manasse Time - leaving
  • CB Cameron Hayes - leaving
  •  
  • OG Michael Elitise - added to Hawaii from Arizona (will have to sit a year unless waiver is granted)
  • OT Eliki Tanuvasa - added to Hawaii from Eastern Illinois (immediately eligible (father's illness), started 10 games as a true freshman and was freshman all-american in 2018)

Nevada:

• QB Griffin Dahn - leaving to Albany (FCS)
  • WR McClane Mannix - leaving to Texas Tech
  • WR Trevion Armstrong - leaving for Campbell (FCS)
  • DL Fanon Vines - leaving
  • LB Gabe Sewell - returning to Nevada
  • CB Knowledge Smith - leaving
  • CB Elijah Moody - leaving
  • CB Nephi Sewell - leaving to Utah

New Mexico:

• DE Blake Fehrmann - leaving to Illinois State (FCS)
  • LB Rashaun Epting - leaving to Tennessee State (FCS)
  • S Marcus Hayes - leaving to Kansas State
  • CB Gabe Ortega - leaving
  • K Stephen Ruiz - leaving
  • nobody transferring to UNM so far

San Diego State:

• WR Kyre Richardson - leaving
  • OT Delon Jemmott - leaving
  • LB Jeff Clay - leaving
  • CB Tyare Venable - leaving
  • S Will Stricklin - leaving
  •  
  • RB Greg Bell - added to SDSU from Nebraska
  • OL Jacob Capra - added to SDSU from Oregon
  • OL Jacob Jiminez - added to SDSU from BYU
  • CB Sammy Morrison - added to SDSU from Arizona

San Jose State:

• OT Max Barth - leaving 
  • CB Cameron Smith - leaving
  •  
  • OG Quinn Osland - added to SJSU from Minnesota
  • P Alex Galland - added to SJSU from Yale (graduate transfer)

UNLV:

• OT Donovan Outlaw - leaving
  • LB Jacob Rominger - leaving
  •  
  • RB Biaggio Ali Walsh - added to UNLV from Cal (grandson of the champ - fitting that he's back in Vegas - will sit one)
  • WR Randal Grimes - added to UNLV from Southern Cal (will have to sit one)

Utah State:

• S Christian Nash - leaving
  •  
  • WR Siaosi Mariner - added to USU from Utah
  • TE Caleb Repp - added to USU from Utah

Wyoming: 

• QB/RB Reow Jackson - leaving
  • RB Trey Woods - leaving
  • RB Theo Dawson - leaving
  • WR Jared Scott - leaving to Prairie View A&M (FCS)
  • WR De'Vaughn Brown - leaving
  • WR Camron Donatlon - leaving
  • WR Avante Cox - leaving to Southern Illinois (FCS)
  • DT Revontae Holt - leaving 
  • LB Ryan Gatoloai-Faupula - leaving
  • CB Jalani Ellison - leaving
  •  
  • RB Trey Smith - added to Wyo from Louisville (graduate transfer)

6 minutes ago, trvitmvnz said:

Tanuvasa is eligible this year and i think Eletise is close to eligible 

Thanks.  Just looked them up. Fixed Tanuvasa.  Eletise's case seems less likely on the surface, but who knows with the NCAA.

3 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Man, Boise State has a lot of behavioral problems year after year. Thug U

Has a lot to do with Idaho's privacy laws.  Everybody who gets arrested in Ada County has their picture/name/birthday posted online.

Fresno wouldn't have the internet bandwidth to upload that much information.  Y'all going to make the top 25 this year?

Wyoming needs to find a new OC and wide receivers coach.  A lot of WRs on that transfer portal.  The offense needs to open up and I take it those kids don't feel like they can improve at Wyoming at that position.  WR has been a problem for Wyoming as well so there is plenty of opportunity.  On the other hand, with 2 of those kids going FCS, maybe the staff just missed on those kids and they were told they might want to look elsewhere.  Trey Woods kind of got a raw deal.  I can see why he is transferring.  He never should have been moved to RB in my opinion.  Jackson seemed like an intriguing prospect out of high school but I think Hawaii was his only other D1 offer.  I wish he would have stuck around though.  

I always hate to see DTs leave.  Depth there is not easy to get at the G5 level.  Bohl's recruits need time in the weight room typically as well so line guys leaving really hurts the depth.  I believe he came in at 250 pounds so he needed time.  I don't believe he had another D1 offer either.  

UNLV:

•  
  • RB Biaggio Ali Walsh - added to UNLV from Cal (grandson of the champ - fitting that he's back in Vegas - will sit one)

Looks to be a net gain for UNLV - Outlaw started at least half of the 2018 season at OT and losing a local player isn't good, but he might be a victim of being recruited over .......Rominger played on 6 games as a JR & might have been buried on the depth chart ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,overall the adds way out weight the losses 

I'd say UNLV FB is pretty much untouched for 2019 by these additions & deletions 

10 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Has a lot to do with Idaho's privacy laws.  Everybody who gets arrested in Ada County has their picture/name/birthday posted online.

Fresno wouldn't have the internet bandwidth to upload that much information.  Y'all going to make the top 25 this year?

in felonies they will

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

SDSu did well both Jimenez and Capra will help a good deal on the offensive line should be much better than last year. Bell should make a run at serious playing time.Sammy will make an experienced reserve at CB.None Of the guys that left would see serious playing time.That guys added a JC wr,a 60 '315 jC nose tackle a 245 de.Should be pretty good.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

UNLV:

•  

Looks to be a net gain for UNLV - Outlaw started at least half of the 2018 season at OT and losing a local player isn't good, but he might be a victim of being recruited over .......Rominger played on 6 games as a JR & might have been buried on the depth chart ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,overall the adds way out weight the losses 

I'd say UNLV FB is pretty much untouched for 2019 by these additions & deletions 

Rominger was brought in by Baer.  To me Baer was the worst hire by Tony Sanchez.  IMO Baer was possibly the worst DC I've ever seen on UNLV's sidelines and that says a lot.  In one season you can already see the difference the Skipper will bring this year.

I don't really know much about Outlaw but, I see that we are very solid at the offensive line position this year.

You are correct that these additions/subtractions have no impact on 2019.  

Are a lot of these kids that haven't found a home yet just SOL or will they walk on somewhere else?  Or drop down a division or 2?  Seems like quite a few kids at the P5 and G5 levels are getting a hard dose of reality.  

13 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Thanks.  Just looked them up. Fixed Tanuvasa.  Eletise's case seems less likely on the surface, but who knows with the NCAA.

UH Beat writer thinks he's cleared. Who knows 

1453546980_ScreenShot2019-06-12at9_32_46PM.png.a1debb873dbafb72641be0d50ff82f9e.png

1198272376_ScreenShot2019-06-12at9_32_54PM.png.a3fff894fe5883e2154930b4c4196aeb.png

Related image

16 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Obviously all good kids before they got to Idaho. What a shit hole. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

On 6/12/2019 at 8:59 PM, UNLV2001 said:

UNLV:

•  

Rominger not only was deep on the depth chart, but he also graduated and is free to play elsewhere immediately.  Since he had connections (through family) to former UNLV DC Kent Baer, I was expecting him to end up at Montana playing on Baer's defense there, so the only real surprise was that he hasn't yet.

Outlaw supposedly left for "non football" reasons.  Expect him to finish in the Big Sky conference, SUU or NAU.

I believe Ali-Walsh and Grimes both have applied for eligibility this fall.  That process/system is so biased and arbitrary it is hard to tell what will happen.  Ali-Walsh's high school teammate Tate Martell was granted immediate eligibility when he left Ohio St and went to Miami this spring.  So many other players have also.  It seems to help if they get a lawyer involved when they are requesting immediate eligibility.  Anyway, if Ali-Walsh and/or Grimes do play this fall it could change the outlook on the season because both WR and RB could use a little more depth.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:18 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Inspired by another thread...how is your team faring in the transfer portal? It seems like most spots have to be close to filled by now, but Wyoming saw 3 more enter just last night.

Air Force:

• QB Beau English - leaving to Richmond (FCS)
  • RB Cole Fagan - leading rusher leaving (just announced that he was dismissed from team)
  • TE Thomas Dutton - leaving
  • OG Blake Davis - leaving
  • DT Adonis Williams - leaving
  • I don't know for certain, but just guessing how the academy works - I'm assuming they don't accept incoming transfers?

Boise State:

• DE Kayode Rufai - leaving to Idaho (FCS)
  • S Mujeeb Rufai - leaving to Idaho (FCS)
  • NB Desmond Williams - left to Weber State (FCS)
  • LB Tyson Maeva - starter dismissed for marijuana - ended up at FIU 
  • LB Will Heffner - one year scholarship miscommunication - left for CSU-Pueblo
  • S Damion Wright - leaving for Azusa Pacific (NCAA division II)
  • CB Robert Lewis - leaving after DUI
  • CB Jermani Brown - leaving for Iowa Western Community College
  •  
  • CB Khaffari Buffalo - added to Boise from Buffalo (grad transfer and multi-year FCS starter)
  • K Eric Sachse - added to Boise from Division III Trinity University (grad transfer)
  • DT Jackson Cravens - added to Boise from Utah (redshirted last year, should have to sit a year, then have 3 years of eligibility remaining.

Colorado State:

• QB J.C. Robles - leaving team
  • WR Darius Wise - leaving team
  • CB Darius Cambell - leaving team
  •  
  • WR Nate Craig-Meyers - added to CSU from Auburn (former top 50 HS player)
  • DE Jalen Bates - added to CSU from Arizona State (grad transfer)
  • LB Tron Folsom - added to CSU from Troy (their leading tackler last year - grad transfer)

Fresno State:

• QB Hunter Raquet - leaving
  • TE Austin Alexander - leaving
  • DE Damion Degrue - leaving for Stephen F Austin (FCS)
  • DE Emeka Ndoh - leaving 
  •  
  • DT Kurtis Brown - added to FSU from Arizona (I think has to sit a year before having 2 left?)

Hawaii:

• QB Jeremy Moussa - leaving
  • TE Kade Greeley - leaving
  • S Manasse Time - leaving
  • CB Cameron Hayes - leaving
  •  
  • OG Michael Elitise - added to Hawaii from Arizona (will have to sit a year unless waiver is granted)
  • OT Eliki Tanuvasa - added to Hawaii from Eastern Illinois (immediately eligible (father's illness), started 10 games as a true freshman and was freshman all-american in 2018)

Nevada:

• QB Griffin Dahn - leaving to Albany (FCS)
  • WR McClane Mannix - leaving to Texas Tech
  • WR Trevion Armstrong - leaving for Campbell (FCS)
  • DL Fanon Vines - leaving
  • LB Gabe Sewell - returning to Nevada
  • CB Knowledge Smith - leaving
  • CB Elijah Moody - leaving
  • CB Nephi Sewell - leaving to Utah

New Mexico:

• DE Blake Fehrmann - leaving to Illinois State (FCS)
  • LB Rashaun Epting - leaving to Tennessee State (FCS)
  • S Marcus Hayes - leaving to Kansas State
  • CB Gabe Ortega - leaving
  • K Stephen Ruiz - leaving
  • nobody transferring to UNM so far

San Diego State:

• WR Kyre Richardson - leaving
  • OT Delon Jemmott - leaving
  • LB Jeff Clay - leaving
  • CB Tyare Venable - leaving
  • S Will Stricklin - leaving
  •  
  • RB Greg Bell - added to SDSU from Nebraska
  • OL Jacob Capra - added to SDSU from Oregon
  • OL Jacob Jiminez - added to SDSU from BYU
  • CB Sammy Morrison - added to SDSU from Arizona

San Jose State:

• OT Max Barth - leaving 
  • CB Cameron Smith - leaving
  •  
  • OG Quinn Osland - added to SJSU from Minnesota
  • P Alex Galland - added to SJSU from Yale (graduate transfer)

UNLV:

•  

Utah State:

• S Christian Nash - leaving
  •  
  • WR Siaosi Mariner - added to USU from Utah
  • TE Caleb Repp - added to USU from Utah

Wyoming: 

• QB/RB Reow Jackson - leaving
  • RB Trey Woods - leaving
  • RB Theo Dawson - leaving
  • WR Jared Scott - leaving to Prairie View A&M (FCS)
  • WR De'Vaughn Brown - leaving
  • WR Camron Donatlon - leaving
  • WR Avante Cox - leaving to Southern Illinois (FCS)
  • DT Revontae Holt - leaving 
  • LB Ryan Gatoloai-Faupula - leaving
  • CB Jalani Ellison - leaving
  •  
  • RB Trey Smith - added to Wyo from Louisville (graduate transfer)

Good work putting this together, thanks

Fresno has DE David Perales from Sac State transferring in, he'll have to sit.   There's another incoming transfer but it's not public yet.

edit: second transfer is LB Jacob Hollins from Illinois.