Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Poll: If the election were held today

2020 Election  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for right now?

• Democratic Nominee
    • Trump
    • 3rd Party
    • Not going to vote

2 minutes ago, pokebball said:

All I said is that prior administrations, including the Obama administration did the same thing, which is accurate. 

No, it absolutely is not.  The policy of zero-tolerance did not exist prior to Trump.  And it was that precise policy that caused the family separations.

1 minute ago, Orange said:

No, it absolutely is not.  The policy of zero-tolerance did not exist prior to Trump.  And it was that precise policy that caused the family separations.

The same law did.  And Obama, Bush and Clinton all separated families at the border.

Shyt, Obama separated over 20,000 kiddos from mom and dad in 2016.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Just now, Orange said:

Do you embarrass yourself like this every day?

Obama broke the law.

Well, except for the 20,000 kiddos of moms and dads that were US citizens.  He upheld the law in those cases.

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

The same law did.  And Obama, Bush and Clinton all separated families at the border.

Obama, Bush and Clinton refrained from arresting parents traveling with children.

Trump did not.  He specifically rounded up HUGE numbers of immigrant children whose parents only crime was seeking a better life for their kids.

Just now, pokebball said:

Obama broke the law.

Obama managed to deport more illegal immigrants than Bush without a policy of zero tolerance and mandatory separation of families.

Just now, Orange said:

Obama, Bush and Clinton refrained from arresting parents traveling with children.

Trump did not.  He specifically rounded up HUGE numbers of immigrant children whose parents only crime was seeking a better life for their kids.

Obama broke the law for  illegal immigrants and upheld the law for the 20,000 kiddos of US citizen moms and dads.

11 minutes ago, Orange said:

Reducing the deficit is the definition of "trying to reign in the debt."  Or do you think the deficit doesn't affect the debt?

Keep up.  I realize the WY Bar barely requires a pulse, but you'd think the practice of law would've taught you SOME reading comprehension.

...The debt grew by 8.58 trillion...

Honestly, how lost are you in this conversation right now, moppy? 

And don't you have me on ignore? again you prove I'm the slumlord of your feeble pinhead. 

11 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Obama broke the law

12 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Obama broke the law for  illegal immigrants and upheld the law for the 20,000 kiddos of US citizen moms and dads.

Is this why you're sensitive to jokes about dementia?

3 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I lost my mom to dementia.  It was an ugly few years.

I watched my grandpa who was my personal hero succumb to that over a period of a few years too. It was +++++ing heart wrenching. It still is to think about it. He was larger than life to me, and then to see him just fall prey to such a vicious ailment was, and still is, heartbreaking. 

Sorry for your loss friend. 

7 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I watched my grandpa who was my personal hero succumb to that over a period of a few years too. It was +++++ing heart wrenching. It still is to think about it. He was larger than life to me, and then to see him just fall prey to such a vicious ailment was, and still is, heartbreaking. 

Sorry for your loss friend. 

It was a few years back.  I lost my mom and dad within 12 months.  My dad started shutting down physically but was mentally as sharp as a tack  up until he closed his eyes for the last time.  My mom was diagnosed with dementia, turning into alzheimers her last 3 years.

If I get to choose the way I go given these two options, I'd go my dad's way, shytting myself the last two years of my life and everything else he struggled with.  Dementia and alzheimers is a terrible, terrible disease.

Although it is interesting to discuss election day 2020; heaven forbid Trump wins.  There will be a lot of weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth as this board goes into nuclear meltdown mode.  

110926run_defense710.jpg

2 hours ago, pokebball said:

All I said is that prior administrations, including the Obama administration did the same thing, which is accurate. 

What's your opinion on the 20k US kiddos that are separated annually from their parents.  Atrocious?  :Punitive?  Intentional?

They did not and requesting asylum isn’t remotely equivalent to committing a felony.   I’m really disappointed you are defending this shit. 

2 hours ago, Orange said:

I realize the WY Bar barely requires a pulse.

You know what's really +++++ing funny about this statement, and I missed it earlier, is that it's a further illustration of how either a) you're the worst lawyer on the planet and know jackshit about the legal field, or b) you're not a lawyer at all and you know jackshit about the legal field. 

That WY Bar that you're bagging on? It's the same one as the Oregon one. They're the same +++++ing test. It's the Uniform Bar Examination. Both WY and OR take part in it. If you were actually a +++++ing lawyer, you'd have known that. 

Uniform-Bar-Exam.jpg

Get off the sticks you stupid +++++. 

3 hours ago, CV147 said:

Interest payments on our national debt will soon eclipse our total spending on defense. Our interest payments on the national debt are approaching $600 billion a year, and expected to reach approximately $900 billion in seven years.

And we should anticipate increases in necessary funding for other non-discretionary spending, like Social Security.

So, now is not the time to introduce new expensive government programs. If we were to cut the debt down, I could see where some programs would be affordable.

If you really cared about the debt you would know the problem doesn’t lie in domestic programs which are a sliver of government spending.   The problem is in entitlements (primarily Medicare and Social Security) and defense.   Democratic Presidents have slowed defense spending while Republican Presidents have largely accelerated defense spending while cutting taxes.   No one that isn’t a complete hypocrite can support the Republicans if they truly care about the budget deficit.

2 hours ago, pokebball said:

Obama broke the law

Not he choose where to focus enforcement efforts.  Obama actually deported far more people than Bush.   He just didn’t target children who were brought here by their parents.