Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Poll: If the election were held today

2020 Election  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for right now?

• Democratic Nominee
    • Trump
    • 3rd Party
    • Not going to vote

38 minutes ago, mugtang said:

For social security they need to remove the wage caps.  They also need to phase in higher retirement ages. Make 67 the early retirement age, 72 the age for full benefits.  They may also want to consider making all income subject to the social security tax, including passive and investment income.  Also, social security benefits should be 100% taxable for those with incomes greater than say 75k. Those with retirement incomes greater than 200k and/or assets greater than $10 million should not receive any social security benefits. 

As for Medicare I don’t have a solution.  I suspect we will eventually all be put under a Medicare for all plan and Medicare taxes will be at least 5x what they are currently.  In that situation they also need to expand the tax to include all types of income. 

Or quite frankly just cut social security all together and let people decide to save or not for themselves.   

42 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

No not because I don’t want to but due to my wife’s health.  But again that’s pointless when you support separating kids at the border and make inane comparisons about separating kids from at risk parents.  

I don't like either.  You seem to be OK with one and not the other.  The huge other.  Because of teams & shyt.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

27 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I don't like either.  You seem to be OK with one and not the other.  The huge other.  Because of teams & shyt.

Has nothing to do with teams.   I’m not registered for either team.  

If you are at all aware of the Foster care system you know the outcomes for those kids are poor.   I have been involved and donated significant cash given I can’t actually be a foster parent and stay married.   If a child is being “parented” by two parents cooking meth in the kitchen, it’s not a great option but keeping the kids in that situation is worse.   If the parent is violent enough to commit a felony then again keeping the kids with the violent parent is problematic in either case. 

In the case of Asylum seekers, many are fleeing violence not committing violence.   The parents are by and large loving parents not threats themselves.  To put those kids in an already overburdened and underperforming foster care system is unconscionable.  1) it removes options for kids who are in unsafe home environments 2) their parents aren’t threats and perverts the point of the foster care system.   

Your continued arguments down this path are beneath you and don’t align with what I thought of you as a person. 

58 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Has nothing to do with teams.   I’m not registered for either team.  

If you are at all aware of the Foster care system you know the outcomes for those kids are poor.   I have been involved and donated significant cash given I can’t actually be a foster parent and stay married.   If a child is being “parented” by two parents cooking meth in the kitchen, it’s not a great option but keeping the kids in that situation is worse.   If the parent is violent enough to commit a felony then again keeping the kids with the violent parent is problematic in either case. 

In the case of Asylum seekers, many are fleeing violence not committing violence.   The parents are by and large loving parents not threats themselves.  To put those kids in an already overburdened and underperforming foster care system is unconscionable.  1) it removes options for kids who are in unsafe home environments 2) their parents aren’t threats and perverts the point of the foster care system.   

Your continued arguments down this path are beneath you and don’t align with what I thought of you as a person. 

I honestly don't care what you think. You can probably see in my responses to you that I believe you are the misguided person, because you use kids for political points and I think that's shameful. I too have contributed significantly to the foster care system, including fostering two children.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

I honestly don't care what you think. You can probably see in my responses to you that I believe you are the misguided person, because you use kids for political points and I think that's shameful. I too have contributed significantly to the foster care system, including fostering two children.

The one using kids for political purposes was Trump not me. 

SHOW THE VOTES! SHOW THE VOTES! SHOW THE VOTES!

Some continued Trump supporters are as obvious as the back of your hand but I find it very surprising that as many posters will vote for Trump regardless of who runs against him as those of us who will vote for the Democrat regardless of who it is. (And, yeah, in my case that means even Warren or Bernie.)

Boom goes the dynamite.

19 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

SHOW THE VOTES! SHOW THE VOTES! SHOW THE VOTES!

Some continued Trump supporters are as obvious as the back of your hand but I find it very surprising that as many posters will vote for Trump regardless of who runs against him as those of us who will vote for the Democrat regardless of who it is. (And, yeah, in my case that means even Warren or Bernie.)

Nah I’ll keep it private.  I will say I’m not shocked by who marked yes for Trump, yes for the Dems and yes for a 3rd party.  

I haven’t voted yet as I want to see who ends up with the Dem nomination.  I’ll probably vote for Biden.  Might even consider Harris.  Otherwise I’m likely voting for the Coffee Baron Howard Schultz. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

17 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Nah I’ll keep it private.  I will say I’m not shocked by who marked yes for Trump, yes for the Dems and yes for a 3rd party.  

I haven’t voted yet as I want to see who ends up with the Dem nomination.  I’ll probably vote for Biden.  Might even consider Harris.  Otherwise I’m likely voting for the Coffee Baron Howard Schultz. 

I was impressed with Schultz until I found out he takes the leftist position on almost every policy issue except raising taxes on the rich. On Harris I definitely agree. I'm not a fan but the country could do worse and often has. At least she's not so ignorant as to publicly say she would knowingly take opposition research dirt from somebody a foreign country. Of course, not a single one of the declared Dems is THAT clueless.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 minute ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I was impressed with Schultz until I found out he takes the leftist position on almost every policy issue except raising taxes on the rich. On Harris I definitely agree. I'm not a fan but the country could do worse and often has. At least she's not so ignorant as to publicly say she would knowingly take opposition research dirt from somebody a foreign country. Of course, not a single one of the declared Dems is THAT clueless.

Yes, Harris and the rest would knowingly take it but keep it a secret.  You’re not really that naive are you?

v0icAvfW.jpg

54 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Yes, Harris and the rest would knowingly take it but keep it a secret.  You’re not really that naive are you?

Bullshit, she would pay for it via a chain of entities, and with her prosecutorial background, backdoor to the FISA court.

110926run_defense710.jpg

8 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Democrats are a lot sneakier and smarter about their under the table dealings than Republicans. Also, Republicans under Trump have only recently learned how to sling mud like the Democrats. 

18 hours ago, renoskier said:

If your talking SS and Medicare, I think you should just say sacred cows.

No politician, left or right, is getting elected on a platform that wants to significantly change these programs.

Which just shows the ignorance of the left and most americans.

The way Obama ran against Romney's very good reform ideas shows you are right and it also shows democrats will do anything for power.  Destroying the country included.

11 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

The democratic party has used anything in the past to get elected.  Hillary bought and paid for opposition research from the Russians in the last election.   Kennedy sent letters to the Russians begging for their help.  Clinton took money from China.   

You only care about this issue because of teams.

On 6/15/2019 at 6:57 AM, pokebball said:

I don't know? Privatizing Social Security was tried by some on the right. The left turned it into a dagger into their heart. It didn't turn out too well for them. It was an opportunity for the left to compromise. No tamale.

A few on the right tried.  Let's not act like it was a a popular stance.  And it was mere political theater.  As long as the boomers are alive, SS and and Medicare are going nowhere.  And every politician knows it.

21 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

Smh. Show me where I said she would "take it." 

What I said was, unlike Trump, neither Harris or any of the other Democrats I know much about who are running for president are dumb enough to publicly admit that they would accept opposition research dirt from someone in a foreign country.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Any candidate who would not accept foreign information is a fool. Our country is stronger with foreign influence, it is up to the media and the American voter to sort the wheat from the chaff.

110926run_defense710.jpg