Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Poll: If the election were held today

2020 Election  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for right now?

• Democratic Nominee
    • Trump
    • 3rd Party
    • Not going to vote

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

I used to feel this way, vote my conscience and principles in the general, but I think I've learned that's just how it works anymore. It sounds good, it's idealist, but in the end it's just not how the system works. I voted third party my whole life until I held my nose and voted for Hillary. Never voted for Obama, never voted for Bill, convinced my mom to vote Perot because I was too young to vote, lol. The fact is Trump or one of these Dems is going to be president. The libertarian will not. Bernie was right to run as a dem. He recognized the only way to effectively campaign was to move the Dem party toward him instead of compete against it. So help move the Republican party toward libertarian ideals in primaries. The general candidates will always have to compromise, and as a voter, so will you if you want your vote to mean anything.

I'm not pulling the lever for anyone that I feel will damage this country. I don't care if my candidate doesn't win. My conscience will be clean.

If there wasn't a third party option, in this specific scenario, I'd leave the presidential ballot blank.

1 hour ago, CV147 said:

I'm not pulling the lever for anyone that I feel will damage this country. I don't care if my candidate doesn't win. My conscience will be clean.

If there wasn't a third party option, in this specific scenario, I'd leave the presidential ballot blank.

I understand.

23 hours ago, CV147 said:

How could anyone damage this country more than a President who does things like separate parents from children as political pawns, basically ignores norms of ethics.

23 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

How could anyone damage this country more than a President who does things like separate parents from children as political pawns, basically ignores norms of ethics.

Free college, Medicare for All, or Green New Deal would damage this country more than the horrible policies of Trump.

Once Trump is gone, his policies will go away. New mandatory spending programs will not.

5 minutes ago, CV147 said:

Free college, Medicare for All, or Green New Deal would damage this country more than the horrible policies of Trump.

Once Trump is gone, his policies will go away. New mandatory spending programs will not.

A government bureau/program is the closest thing we'll see to eternal life on this Earth.  

I always thought Ronnie was a senile crackpot but damn did he have some zingers.  The "Nine Words I Fear Most" is another one. Love that. 

19 minutes ago, CV147 said:

Jesus you're clueless.

I quite obviously didn't vote for Trump but could understand people who did so. For one thing, the Dems ran their own horrible candidate. Not just bad, horrible. For another, I myself thought that however obnoxious Trump was during the campaign, I he would copy Chester Arthur as president. Arthur had been basically a crook as NY's customs inspector before becoming Garfield's running mate and after Garfield's death, people worried that Arthur would be a crooked president. However, the thought of going down in history with that reputation resulted in Arthur being a halfway decent president and definitely not a crook during his one almost full term. Trump? His narcissistic personality disorder is so strong that it prevents him from being able to see things that clearly.

Now that we all REALLY know Trump, I can't imagine anyone voting for the guy a second time. Thankfully, I don't know a single person who thinks he's done a good job, not even those like my brother in law who voted for him in 2016. So I won't be getting into arguments with friends and family over the 2020 election.

Boom goes the dynamite.

5 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I quite obviously didn't vote for Trump but could understand people who did so. For one thing, the Dems ran their own horrible candidate. Not just bad, horrible. For another, I myself thought that however obnoxious Trump was during the campaign, I he would copy Chester Arthur as president. Arthur had been basically a crook as NY's customs inspector before becoming Garfield's running mate and after Garfield's death, people worried that Arthur would be a crooked president. However, the thought of going down in history with that reputation resulted in Arthur being a halfway decent president and definitely not a crook during his one almost full term. Trump? His narcissistic personality disorder is so strong that it prevents him from being able to see things that clearly.

Now that we all REALLY know Trump, I can't imagine anyone voting for the guy a second time. Thankfully, I don't know a single person who thinks he's done a good job, not even those like my brother in law who voted for him in 2016. So I won't be getting into arguments with friends and family over the 2020 election.

I think the results have been good.  I'm much better off than I was 3yrs ago, as are most all of my friends, business associates, clients, etc.

I still don't like the guy and won't vote for him in 2020.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

2 hours ago, CV147 said:

I’m not sure any economic policy which could be changed compares remotely to the damage to our reputation (separating children and parents) or the rule of law (something Trump doesn’t give a shit about).  

2 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I’m not sure any economic policy which could be changed compares remotely to the damage to our reputation (separating children and parents) or the rule of law (something Trump doesn’t give a shit about).  

Our reputation?  What was our reputation before Trump that you think has changed.

And besides that, our memories are short, very short.

32 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I think the results have been good.  I'm much better off than I was 3yrs ago, as are most all of my friends, business associates, clients, etc.

I still don't like the guy and won't vote for him in 2020.

If all you care about is economic policy I would agree.   He has done things with which I agree.  But if your priorities start and stop with economic policy then again it’s mirror time.   (Not saying your’s does)

43 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I honestly don't understand how any of you didn't already know this in 2015 when he declared.  He's been a high-profile obnoxious loser since 1980.

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

Our reputation?  What was our reputation before Trump that you think has changed.

I don’t think anyone thought Americans would forcibly remove children from their parents to make a political point.   I don’t think anyone would expect a President to make excuses for White Supremacists. 

5 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Not great, but now it's +++++ing terrible.

-We can no longer be counted on as a loyal NATO ally

-We don't honor treaties

-We'll wantonly commit human-rights abuses at our border

-We don't honor nuclear agreements

-Last and most important, we have no problem voting for incurious morons to represent us at international summits. Trump IS America in the eyes of some.  Prior to this, he was seen to be the worst of America.  

Just now, sactowndog said:

Well, I disagree.

International reputation is irrelevant to Americans' daily lives.

But saddling future generations with growing interest payments on our national debt will have an impact on investing into things like infrastructure.

1 minute ago, CV147 said:

Well, I disagree.

International reputation is irrelevant to Americans' daily lives.

But saddling future generations with growing interest payments on our national debt will have an impact on investing into things like infrastructure.

And Trump has added to that like no other president.  What's worse, he did it during a perfect opportunity to lower those interest payments.

Just now, Orange said:

And Trump has added to that like no other president.  What's worse, he did it during a perfect opportunity to lower those interest payments.

I agree with that. See my first post in this thread.

His spending is outrageous and Republicans are hypocrites for going with it, when they lambasted Obama for the same thing.

Just now, CV147 said:

I agree with that. See my first post in this thread.

His spending is outrageous and Republicans are hypocrites for going with it, when they lambasted Obama for the same thing.

Ironically, Obama actually cut the deficit by 2/3rds during his presidency.

Just now, Orange said:

Ironically, Obama actually cut the deficit by 2/3rds during his presidency.

Perhaps the budget deficit, but nothing has been done to slow the growth of our national debt.

MW-GF810_1_tril_20180320102507_MG.jpg

Just now, sactowndog said:

I don’t think anyone thought Americans would forcibly remove children from their parents to make a political point.   I don’t think anyone would expect a President to make excuses for White Supremacists. 

You realize we were separating illegal immigrants before Trump, right?  Trump didn't change this, which was my question.

Regarding his stupid ass comments on anything and everything, I've got nothing.  I'm in full agreement.  I'm not sure the national effect of those is necessaril negative though.  Perhaps it's pulled all of us outside of the white supremacists closer to each other and that issue.