Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Poll: If the election were held today

2020 Election  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for right now?

• Democratic Nominee
    • Trump
    • 3rd Party
    • Not going to vote

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, NorCalCoug said:

No self-respecting BYU fan would ever don the title of “Democrat”.

I think that's why Cory is a closet BYU fan.

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I bet that’s him in the bottom left...

64F96F2C-3F5B-41E2-974C-3CE1572C15C1.jpeg

I might start a thread, calling out Cory Booker as a BYU fan.

Guest #1Stunner
13 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I might start a thread, calling out Cory Booker as a BYU fan.

12 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

We’ll be on the front page of FoxNews by midnight!

@Orange, @pokebball @Joe Slick @Joe from WY

What if I disclosed to you guys that Cory Booker is a closet BYU fan.  Would that be a disqualifier of him as a candidate for you guys?

Also, Orange, Cory said he loves Mormons and eats Ice Cream (I feel like you need to know this).  

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/23/a-rabbi-a-mormon-and-a-black-christian-mayor-walk-into-a-room/

12 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

@Orange, @pokebball @Joe Slick @Joe from WY

What if I disclosed to you guys that Cory Booker is a closet BYU fan.  Would that be a disqualifier of him as a candidate for you guys?

Also, Orange, Cory said he loves Mormons and eats Ice Cream (I feel like you need to know this).  

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/23/a-rabbi-a-mormon-and-a-black-christian-mayor-walk-into-a-room/

That'd make him a total No-Go. A Communist is one thing. A BYU fan Communist? No way. 

15 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Honestly I'd vote for Tulsi in a heartbeat. 

Same. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

52 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

No self-respecting BYU fan would ever don the title of “Democrat”.

Nor would any self-respecting Democrat ever root for BYU.

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Nor would any self-respecting Democrat ever root for BYU.

Except Cory Booker apparently. 

If it was any of the Democratic Candidates versus Trump I would vote generic Libertarian.

There are some of the Democratic Candidates I would never vote for, and therefore I wouldn't put my trust in the party to deliver a candidate I could live with.

I don't like Trump. I don't like his personality. I don't like his views on immigration, drug policy, criminal justice, and I don't like his wasteful spending.

At least with a generic Libertarian, I can count on the candidate being for small government, and for government staying out of people's lives.

5 hours ago, CV147 said:

At least with a generic Libertarian, I can count on the candidate being for small government, and for government staying out of people's lives.

You can definitely count on that libertarian candidate staying out of people's lives. The Johnson was the best chance in a while. It's abundantly clear that both left and right want more government, not less. These are bad times for small government. It's like trying to cancel your Comcast cable and ending up with a Triple Play bundle with 15 valuable landline features. 

5 hours ago, CV147 said:

If it was any of the Democratic Candidates versus Trump I would vote generic Libertarian.

There are some of the Democratic Candidates I would never vote for, and therefore I wouldn't put my trust in the party to deliver a candidate I could live with.

I don't like Trump. I don't like his personality. I don't like his views on immigration, drug policy, criminal justice, and I don't like his wasteful spending.

I voted Libertarian last time because I refused to vote for the lesser of two evils.   Then Trump separated children from their parents as political leverage.  He excused the behavior of white nationalists.  I decided at some point, people are so evil you have to stand up to evil.  

While I agree with reducing corporate taxes and standing up to trade with China, nothing can excuse some of the shit he has done.  If you don’t oppose Trump, in my opinion, you have to take a hard look in the mirror and what are your values.  

9 hours ago, sactowndog said:

I voted Libertarian last time because I refused to vote for the lesser of two evils.   Then Trump separated children from their parents as political leverage.  He excused the behavior of white nationalists.  I decided at some point, people are so evil you have to stand up to evil.  

While I agree with reducing corporate taxes and standing up to trade with China, nothing can excuse some of the shit he has done.  If you don’t oppose Trump, in my opinion, you have to take a hard look in the mirror and what are your values.  

I don't agree with everything you're saying, but I agree with enough for a thumbs up.  Well put.

16 hours ago, CV147 said:

I used to feel this way, vote my conscience and principles in the general, but I think I've learned that's just how it works anymore. It sounds good, it's idealist, but in the end it's just not how the system works. I voted third party my whole life until I held my nose and voted for Hillary. Never voted for Obama, never voted for Bill, convinced my mom to vote Perot because I was too young to vote, lol. The fact is Trump or one of these Dems is going to be president. The libertarian will not. Bernie was right to run as a dem. He recognized the only way to effectively campaign was to move the Dem party toward him instead of compete against it. So help move the Republican party toward libertarian ideals in primaries. The general candidates will always have to compromise, and as a voter, so will you if you want your vote to mean anything.

3 minutes ago, Orange said:

Trump/3rd party has 19 votes, and a huge majority.

"oUr FoRum iS mOdErAte."

You'd vote for Pol Pot if he were the Democrat nominee. Because teams and shit. 

Poll looks pretty split to me, as it would to any rational observer.