Sign in to follow this  
Warbow

Wyoming transfers

1 hour ago, Bob said:

I concede that Foco and much of CO was the #superiorlifestyle maybe in the 80s and 90s, but certainly not anymore. The weed boom has been disgusting. Trashy people from all around the country have moved there in addition to every asshole from CA & New England and now, bizarrely, Texas too. SSo +++++ing congested. Think of things that are fun to do in Colorado - go to the mountains, raft the Poudre, bike at horsetooth, go to Estes or RMNP, even skiing (even though it's not close). Now think of doing them shoulder to shoulder with hoards of other people. Fun! ..not. count me out. Ruined. Now think of a shitty house costing $500,000 and a decent house costing 700k to 1 million! Taxes and regulations are growing every year. Awesome! I almost feel sorry for you guys that think Wyoming sucks. You'll simply never know how great it is. You can keep your #inferiorlifestyle.

You're next, Utah. This is what you have to look forward to. Utah's outdoors already suck, because every person there thinks they are Davey Crockett and there are 10,000 boy scout troops everywhere at all times.

As always, you are a ray of sunshine in an otherwise cloudy world. I disagree about Utah's outdoors, but won't waste my time trying to convince you. You are un-convinceable 

22 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

As always, you are a ray of sunshine in an otherwise cloudy world. I disagree about Utah's outdoors, but won't waste my time trying to convince you. You are un-convinceable 

You know it's true, unless you've never been anywhere that has real, unspoiled outdoor opportunities (Wyoming, Idaho, Montana). Everywhere else is for posers. Maybe you are a poser, nothing wrong with that, I suppose. More for me

25 minutes ago, Bob said:

You know it's true, unless you've never been anywhere that has real, unspoiled outdoor opportunities (Wyoming, Idaho, Montana). Everywhere else is for posers. Maybe you are a poser, nothing wrong with that, I suppose. More for me

I'm a native Idahoan and have explored those wilderness. The thing about Utah is that it has 5 national parks and tens of thousands of acres of protected Wilderness. If you couldn't find a spot to be by yourself with all that open land, you are the poser. Zion and Bryce are quite busy in the summer but much less so in the early spring or late fall. 

1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

I'm a native Idahoan and have explored those wilderness. The thing about Utah is that it has 5 national parks and tens of thousands of acres of protected Wilderness. If you couldn't find a spot to be by yourself with all that open land, you are the poser. Zion and Bryce are quite busy in the summer but much less so in the early spring or late fall. 

Tens of thousands is selling it short. Utah has hundreds of thousands of acres that are protected wilderness. I personally prefer Idaho to any State soth of Alaska.  The isolation of The Frank, bigger better rivers, Salmon and Steelhead runs etc... 

Utah is great though, as is most all of the West outside of California 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Tens of thousands is selling it short. Utah has hundreds of thousands of acres that are protected wilderness. I personally prefer Idaho to any State soth of Alaska.  The isolation of The Frank, bigger better rivers, Salmon and Steelhead runs etc... 

Utah is great though, as is most all of the West outside of California 

The first time I was proud to be a native Idahoan was when I spent some time in the sawtooth wilderness. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Bob said:

Wait a minute man.  What's The AK...chopped liver?

9 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Wait a minute man.  What's The AK...chopped liver?

Nope. More like poutine, but somehow off a bit. Kind of salmony...

On 6/14/2019 at 1:19 PM, madmartigan said:

The first time I was proud to be a native Idahoan was when I spent some time in the sawtooth wilderness. 

The first time I was proud to be a Wyoming native was my first trip to LaPorte.

Really matters what your looking for.  Wilderness shaming doesn’t make sense. They are all good.  It is like when people make fun of halfman for road hunting.  All hunters are good even the roadies.  Enjoy it all boys.  

We're just silly with eye candy...

Image result for bronze boot

2 hours ago, slappy said:

Really matters what your looking for.  Wilderness shaming doesn’t make sense. They are all good.  It is like when people make fun of halfman for road hunting.  All hunters are good even the roadies.  Enjoy it all boys.  

Only when I am in Wyoming taking advantage of my native blood to shoot cow elk.

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Only when I am in Wyoming taking advantage of my native blood to shoot cow elk.

I'm probably guilty of taking advantage of some native blood, but I prefer them of the more athletic/ outdoor fitness physique.

• Cheers 1

On 6/14/2019 at 1:19 PM, madmartigan said:

I’m going this summer...trying to backpack up to the headwaters of the Salmon. Any inside info?