Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warbow

Wyoming transfers

LARAMIE — Three University of Wyoming football players announced via Twitter that they plan to transfer.

Redshirt freshmen Reow Jackson and DeVaughn Brown, and sophomore Jalani Ellison posted that they have entered the NCAA’s transfer portal.

umm, coincidence. What do all 3 have in common?

how many is that now like 7 total?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

7 hours ago, Warbow said:

LARAMIE — Three University of Wyoming football players announced via Twitter that they plan to transfer.

Redshirt freshmen Reow Jackson and DeVaughn Brown, and sophomore Jalani Ellison posted that they have entered the NCAA’s transfer portal.

All 3 have seen the desolation and desperation that is Laramie. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

8 hours ago, Warbow said:

They were all buried on the depth chart and unlikely to ever play?

I get the feeling that they got in some trouble and were given the option to transfer rather than be dismissed.  All three had the same basic thank you Wyoming letter on twitter within an hour of each other.  And Reow Jackson was expected to be in the mix next year at RB - so I wouldn't say it is a depth thing.  

With this timing they will be very lucky to get with a FBS team.  Probably will have to go the FCS route and may have trouble finding a scholarship there as well.

49 minutes ago, No_dogs_down said:

Most G5 redshirt fresh aren’t even on the depth chart, at that stage.  If they were Juniors, then your point makes sense.  

27 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Freshman? Lol. 

Well considering the starting RB is a SO with 4 or 5 talented freshman running backs coming in this year. So he may have seen the writing on the wall. Anyway, one pposition I'm not worried about is RB we recruit them just fine. The other positions (CB, DE) the depth chart behind the starters is filled with rFR and So so again they weren't able to crack into it against underclassmen.

31 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I get the feeling that they got in some trouble and were given the option to transfer rather than be dismissed.  All three had the same basic thank you Wyoming letter on twitter within an hour of each other.  And Reow Jackson was expected to be in the mix next year at RB - so I wouldn't say it is a depth thing.  

With this timing they will be very lucky to get with a FBS team.  Probably will have to go the FCS route and may have trouble finding a scholarship there as well.

Its possible I have no idea. But as this isn't any major loss. I am not worried about our RB situation and the others weren't the best at their positions in their classes so I'm not worried about replacing them.

I am curious what the point of this thread is though? Aren't transfers the new normal in college football. I don't see this as a unique situation at Wyoming.

2 hours ago, Bob said:

They are all freshmen, male, black, 10 fingers, 10 toes, etc..

And I heard they got kicked off the team

Why you gotta use the race card? Just because 6 of the 7 Wyoming transfers are black doesn’t mean Bohl has race issues.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

31 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

To think that a #SuperiorLifestyle is a mere 70 miles away.

I swear it starts to get pretty as soon as you cross the border into CO. It's uncanny. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

39 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I swear it starts to get pretty as soon as you cross the border into CO. It's uncanny. 

So true.

Here's a photo of Tie Siding, WY,  a town 8 miles north of the border and a photo of Virginia Dale, CO, 4 miles south of the border.

IMG_0417.JPG

IMG_0418.JPG

I mean, way to spin it with pictures at different times of the year and one being off the road and one on. I made that drive yesterday. Green all the way up with clear skies. Absolutely beautiful drive the whole way! If anyone hasn't made the trek up 287 from FoCo to Laramie in the late spring/early summer do yourselves a favor and do it. One of the most scenic drives in the area, in my opinion.

For reference, here's the view facing west from 287 at Virginia Dale

1d3bdc3300dd.png

And the view facing west from Tie Siding

29546517639c.png

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

1 hour ago, WYO1016 said:

I mean, way to spin it with pictures at different times of the year and one being off the road and one on. I made that drive yesterday. Green all the way up with clear skies. Absolutely beautiful drive the whole way! If anyone hasn't made the trek up 287 from FoCo to Laramie in the late spring/early summer do yourselves a favor and do it. One of the most scenic drives in the area, in my opinion.

For reference, here's the view facing west from 287 at Virginia Dale

1d3bdc3300dd.png

And the view facing west from Tie Siding

29546517639c.png

So you'd choose to live in Tie Siding over Virginia Dale?

3 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

So you'd choose to live in Tie Siding over Virginia Dale?

Definitely. They're both beautiful, but I wouldn't have to pay state income tax in Tie Siding.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

22 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

So true.

Here's a photo of Tie Siding, WY,  a town 8 miles north of the border and a photo of Virginia Dale, CO, 4 miles south of the border.

IMG_0417.JPG

IMG_0418.JPG

I like to go up here, a short 18 miles east of Laramie, in Wyoming, and think about how much fun it is to win in your brand new stadium.

Image result for colorado license plates vedauwoo

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

1 hour ago, Bob said:

I concede that Foco and much of CO was the #superiorlifestyle maybe in the 80s and 90s, but certainly not anymore. The weed boom has been disgusting. Trashy people from all around the country have moved there in addition to every asshole from CA & New England and now, bizarrely, Texas too. SSo +++++ing congested. Think of things that are fun to do in Colorado - go to the mountains, raft the Poudre, bike at horsetooth, go to Estes or RMNP, even skiing (even though it's not close). Now think of doing them shoulder to shoulder with hoards of other people. Fun! ..not. count me out. Ruined. Now think of a shitty house costing $500,000 and a decent house costing 700k to 1 million! Taxes and regulations are growing every year. Awesome! I almost feel sorry for you guys that think Wyoming sucks. You'll simply never know how great it is. You can keep your #inferiorlifestyle.

You're next, Utah. This is what you have to look forward to. Utah's outdoors already suck, because every person there thinks they are Davey Crockett and there are 10,000 boy scout troops everywhere at all times.

As always, you are a ray of sunshine in an otherwise cloudy world. I disagree about Utah's outdoors, but won't waste my time trying to convince you. You are un-convinceable 

25 minutes ago, Bob said:

You know it's true, unless you've never been anywhere that has real, unspoiled outdoor opportunities (Wyoming, Idaho, Montana). Everywhere else is for posers. Maybe you are a poser, nothing wrong with that, I suppose. More for me

I'm a native Idahoan and have explored those wilderness. The thing about Utah is that it has 5 national parks and tens of thousands of acres of protected Wilderness. If you couldn't find a spot to be by yourself with all that open land, you are the poser. Zion and Bryce are quite busy in the summer but much less so in the early spring or late fall. 

1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

I'm a native Idahoan and have explored those wilderness. The thing about Utah is that it has 5 national parks and tens of thousands of acres of protected Wilderness. If you couldn't find a spot to be by yourself with all that open land, you are the poser. Zion and Bryce are quite busy in the summer but much less so in the early spring or late fall. 

Tens of thousands is selling it short. Utah has hundreds of thousands of acres that are protected wilderness. I personally prefer Idaho to any State soth of Alaska.  The isolation of The Frank, bigger better rivers, Salmon and Steelhead runs etc... 

Utah is great though, as is most all of the West outside of California